Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 22] Echoes of the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
T8 Shuttle

"I'll leave her in your hands," Victory told Taharial, turning Tsuguka over to the medic. The green-haired neko then moved back into the cockipit and looked at the controls. "Hang on," she said, plopping into her seat and snapping her 5-point harness on in a seconds. The shuttle lurched as it lifted off the sandy shoreline and rose up into the turbulent storm. The windows up front were filled with raindrops and dark clouds for a minute before the shuttle broke through to deep blue skies over the cloud level. A beep came from the communications system, followed by Victory calling, "Eucharis, Eucharis, this is Victory's shuttle. Can you meet us above the clouds, over?"

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

"Victory Shuttle, Eucharis. I copy and will meet you there, out," Hanako replied, vertically raising the gunship higher and higher in place until it, too, rested above the cloud tops. "Pull up to our port-side docking port and connect airlocks." Even as she spoke, she focused the ship's sensors on the departing object and attempted to get more data.

T8 Shuttle

In moments, the shuttle was connected to the Eucharis and Victory opened the airlock leading to the white-padded main zero-G vertical passageway. Victory turned around to look in the passenger area. "Is she okay?" Victory asked Taharial.

T8 Shuttle

Watching her own body softly slumber, Tsuguka could only think of asking someone to fetch a new uniform. Absolutely everything had gone wrong, her body was a mess, and every one of their cunning schemes to rectify the situation seemed to come too little too late. The least she could do was report to the captain with a correctly dressed body... Regardless of whether she was actually conscious and standing or not. Protocol wasn't there because it was convenient.

A short, grim laugh. 'What a stupid thing to obsess over.' Was the thought behind it. The crestfallen feeling traveled over to Tankyusha's circuits, too. She rather missed when things seemed that simple. Still, it would have made her happy to at least walk back through the door again. Even having the Shosho yell at her for screwing up would have put her mind at ease at this point. If Santo Hei Dirjon was actually dead, well, then... It would still be getting off easy in the red neko's eyes. But their own cunning plan had left her body pumped full of so many drugs, Tsuguka couldn't even drag herself awake if she wanted to.

"Santo Hei Tankyusha... Thank you for keeping me going all that time." Her sombre, internal voice spoke into Tankyusha's systems, exposing more none-electronic, abstract concepts to his senses. They were like two people in a dark, confined space, embracing warmly. "I wish we could have done more. There really wasn't anything else that I could have asked. I'm sorry I was not more efficient in return..."

"Come find me after we are both in one piece again, and I'll make sure that you get access to any of the power armor systems that you want. Things won't be like this next time. I won't allow it."

Letting herself sink into the abyss, Tsuguka then slowly disconnected her sensory systems and finally allowed herself to drift off. They wouldn't let a Daisy walk around in the internal corridors anyway. The apologies could come later. It was time to heal.

T8 Shuttle

"Ah, Tsuguka-Hei, that's not-"

Nothing. She was gone already. No time to tell her that she'd done well. That she'd saved at least one life, his. It'd have to come later, when there was more distance between the two of them.

Being left alone in the suit was strange for him. His mind, quantum computer that it was, was accustomed to running at a fraction of its abilities so that he didn't go insane from boredom. For the first time in ages, he'd needed to pay full attention to provide Tsuguka with adequate control and feedback. He felt somehow empty, unfulfilled, now that she was gone. He had a lot of time to think about it on their trip back.

He tried to occupy himself by becoming accustomed to the Daisy. Next time around, he'd pull his own weight. Next time, he wouldn't let her or the rest of the team get into such a sad state. Tankyusha, alone in the suit, stared at the others on the shuttle through the power armor's sensors and cliched the one remaining fist tight.

T8 Shuttle

Taharial smiled and nodded to victory "she will be okay" she then started to blush darkly "um can we please get her some clothes, it's the least we can do now" she looked over Tsuguka and smiled again "you were amazing out there cutie, I wish I could have helped you more though...... if I got to you sooner you wouldn't be like this". Taharial thought it was weird but until they got proper clothes for her it was the best idea she had to keep Tsuguka respectable for the crew "sorry this isn't your own uniform but until we get you on its the best we have" she took off her own uniform and dressed Tsuguka in it "there now you can go on the ship" she then quickly got back into the wing killing AMES suit and smiled "now so am I".

Taharial smiled to Victory " I need to go to the med bay and prepare it for Dirjon, I don't know what state he is in" she took it on herself too get there quickly, as she went through the zero-gravity passageway and turned back "victory, take Tsuguka back to her cabin please, when she wakes up, then she can carry on her duty" she stopped at the end then went straight to the med bay, she didn't know what injuries if any people on the ship had, but in her mind Dirjon came first.

Med Bay

Taharial was getting ready for anything, broken bones, internal bleeding, brain damage, the only thing she wasn't preparing for was Dirjon's death as she got the stuff close to one of the tables and waited for Dirjon, she quickly sent a message to Hanako.

Code:
hello ma'am

this is about Tsuguka, she is okay now
just resting, she took a lot of damage to save us
I think she will come straight to you
when she wakes, just wanted to say
she was amazing out there,
so where the rest of them, all I did was sit there
until the end.

Santo Hei Taharial

one more thing, there is something I need to ask you
face to face

Taharial smiled to herself "hopefully the others will be rewarded for the effort they put in" she started to play with a scalpel again and quickly got on comms with the other shuttle "please get to the Eucharis quickly, so I can make sure that Dirjon will live...".

Medea II

Mitsuko's eyes widened as the strange creatures began to thunder towards the salvaged shuttle. As soon as Aikiko spoke up, the shuttle began to lift up, rear door closing as they rose into the air. Once it was firmly closed, as the armored Neko secured the injured crew member, Murakami turned the shuttle upwards and launched into the clouds. After everything she'd seen, she had no desire to let those things get any closer. She hesitated for a moment once they were high in the upper atmosphere, unsure where it would be best to dock. The lower docking area still needed repairs, and she soon noticed the port side connection was in use.

Shuttle Bay
Soon the T4 shuttle had settled into place atop the Eucharis, a trickle of leftover orange water leaking into the Eucharis through the shuttle's lower hatch. Mitsuko breathed a sigh of relief, now that they were safely home. Standing from her seat and finally turning to look back at her passengers, she was already frowning as she considered the problem. He was half-crushed inside of his armor, so it was best to leave the bulk of it in place. His rescuer was still wearing her Mindy as well. This was a problem.

"...Medical is on the other side of the ship." She sighed, and started to assist Aikiko with her precious cargo. "We need to get him there quickly, and you can't be walking around the ship in your Mindy. Remove it, and I'll help you carry him."

Last edited:
YSS Eucharis - Bridge

Now that both shuttles were back, the Eucharis was free continue her mission. Shosho Hanako angled the ship upward and gained altitude until they were back in the vacuum of space, silhouetted against the huge gas giant. Once they were clear of the planet, she got on the intercom. "Attention all hands: Return to readiness condition 3. All night shift crew may return to personal time. All medical staff and injured crew members, report to the medical lab and all available technicians and infantry report to the armor bay for armor repairs."

Medea II
Aikiko nodded "wouldn't be easier to take him into the Power Armor Bay and then from there to Medical? It would be easier than trying to get the bulk of him with armor on. Once in the P.A. Bay, we can strip him of armor and put him on a stretcher from there to medical."

Eucharis P.A. Bay

How ever it was done, with Dirjon safely in Medical and All types of Power Armor secured in the Power Armor bay. Aikiko deconned what was left of Dirjon's Daisy and weapon systems. She stored them so that they could be easily get to be fixed.

Aikiko worked on her Mindy in getting that deconned along with herself. Once the Mindy was clean, she looked it over, doing after operations pmcs on her Mindy and Manipulator Arms system. She replaced what needed to be replaced, repaired as needed on her equipment as she put it away in its proper spot.

It felt good to be clean and in her work uniform. After getting a quick bite to eat, Aikiko returned back to the power armor bay to resume her chores and overseeing the repairs on her equipment.

Eucharis Lounge

The sudden intercom message startled Kale both bringing him back to full awareness, and sending him sliding off the sofa onto the floor. The bruises he had suffered in the earlier turbulence were slowly but steadily healing and the nanobots in his system had numbed the various aches and pains as they worked.

He slowly pulled himself to his feet. He felt a little lethargic but nothing more then that. With a small sigh he began to make his way up to the bridge.

Bridge

Kale had a small smile on his face as he entered the bridge. It felt much like coming home after a long time elsewhere. He saluted the captain.

"Namach-Hei reporting for duty Ma'am" he stated respectfully before dropping into the seat infront of the Systems console.

Fingers gliding over the keypad Kale began a full systems diagnostic. After a fight like that, better to be safe then sorry. Right?

Medical Bay -> Power Armor Bay

The examination table felt cold. Alrough her power armor's automated systems had curbed most of the blood loss, Tsuguka's broken nerves still left her in a frigid sweat that ate at her physical strength. Darkened eyes met themselves in nearby mirror, and she noted the distinctly maroon patches that her complexion had taken on in her cheeks. All was quiet except for the distant hum of the engines. Her missing fingers ached.

Why was she even awake?... Taharial wasn't here any longer. Most likely tending to Dirjon. Evidently she had already given the red nekovalkyrja something to counteract the paralytics in her system, however. Tsuguka just held her hand to her face for a moment, ugly memories surging back into her mind as the stupor eroded. It didn't feel like waking up from a bad dream this time around. Infact, it felt disturbingly regular. All it required was just a long, deep breath to confirm that she was still alive and okay. Somehow.

The Shosho's voice on the intercom. Stern as always. Would have been easy enough to just ignore it and rest more, but thoughts of her comrades well being ate at her. She hadn't even really seen Akiashiro since everything had begun to go wrong. Their leader had trusted her to keep them safe. Tsuguka had trusted herself.

Surging upright, the vermillion woman dragged the ill-fitting Elysian uniform off of her back and folded it onto the table. The anti-gravity organ in her chest made getting to the power armor bay easy enough, it was only around the corner. As long as her movements were slow and deliberate, it didn't worsen her headache too much. The jump suit from before was still in her locker. Not as clean as she would have liked, but it would do. At least the zipper made getting it on with one hand easy enough. Yamatai engineering at it's most appreciated.

The brown-haired neko was there; Cleaning equipment. Tsuguka hadn't even noticed.

"Thanks for everything, Santo Hei Akiashiro." A pained voice spoke, with effort. "I should really report to the Shosho, but... Well, I just wanted to say you were appreciated. I know I don't give you the most glamorous orders, but you really kept it together out there today..."

Turning to leave, Tsuguka just shrugged, balled her fists, and searched for the words she was trying to articulate.

"I just... I didn't want what happened to Dirjon to happen to you. You really gave me a scare earlier on." More movement, as she went to leave, tired body now reminding her there was still much to do. "I'll be with the Shosho. Keep an eye on the rest of the team for me, please, Akky-san..."

Fabrication Bay

The science officer rested against the wall, his energy reserves slowly recharging. The recent events had been strenuous on his systems - too strenuous in some ways, certainly - and he was feeling the robotic equivalent of getting old. Parts of his body ached in unfamiliar ways. He was in worse shape than he let on, but his ability to project images onto his own body would keep the crew from being worried. He needed new parts, parts that the ship didn't have in supply. Given a little time and resources he'd build replacements himself. The ship was equipped for that.

He flexed one hand, the one that had been 'missing' from 'his' body not that long ago. He thought of slapping together a mechanical hand for Tsuguka, but decided to leave her be. There were other crew members in worse shape. She'd be fine. He was sure of it.

When the orders came from the Shosho, he wondered for a bit what he should do. He was injured, sure, but not in a way that the ship's medic would help with. He was capable of working on a Mindy, but it wasn't part of his core responsibilities.

For now, he decided he'd sit in the fabrication bay and finish charging up, then see where he was needed. It was as close to the spirit of the captain's orders as he could come up with.

Reactions: Wes
Power Armor Bay

Tsuguka shrugged again. Even through she had said her goodbyes, Taharial briskly moving through the PA area with Dirjon in a stretcher gave her a lot to think about. Truth was, it occurred to her that the Shosho was probably more worried about future enemy attacks at the moment. The power armor team was completely out of action, and the enemy was clearly space capable, even if that was only via mass driver technology. What else they had in the system, who knew. Bugging Hanako in person didn't really have any functional use other than making herself feel better.

"Eucharis... This is Nito Hei Tsuguka reporting in." A cold voice resounded through the command systems. Hesitation over pronouncing her rank indicated feelings of failure. She saluted the direction of the bridge, just to make the task feel more complete. "All personnel are present and accounted for, but Santo Hei Dirjon is in a critical condition. Taharial-Hei is currently treating him. Akiashiro-Hei and myself sustained moderate injuries but we are still on our feet, preparing the power armor systems for further action. We've been checked out. Tankyusha-Hei is... Well, he's stuck in the shuttle airlock in a damaged condition. I'm about to transverse the outside of the craft to rectify that, as well as retrieving the Daisy there. Further reports will come when the team has reached improved operational status. Out."

Her personal Mindy didn't take too long to prepare. It was cleaned and overhauled after that last escapade. None of the weapons were needed. The CFS wouldn't harm Tank-Hei either. Using the SPINE made her feel lop-sided, but at least it gave her a second hand to work with again. Technically speaking, as long as the nerve structure was there, it didn't actually require a real arm to be inside of the Mindy's arm to function correctly.

Space felt oddly peaceful now.

Last edited:
Bridge

After all of the excitement Tony leaned back in her chair and sighed. It had been a fairly long day so far. She was tired and could use a beer and a good long nap. But she stayed at her station, that was the call of duty. Plus who know more targets might pop up, she might get to blow away. So she sat there trying to relax and study the monitors before her.

P.A. Bay

The brown-haired neko was there; cleaning equipment. Tsuguka hadn't even noticed.

"Thanks for everything, Santo Hei Akiashiro." A pained voice spoke, with effort. "I should really report to the Shosho, but... Well, I just wanted to say you were appreciated. I know I don't give you the most glamorous orders, but you really kept it together out there today..."

Aikiko looked up from her work as she was working on Dirjon’s Daisy, or what was left of it, removing the damaged components and tossing then in a cart to take to Fabrication to be recycled. She paused in her work to listen to Tugs. She just nods accepting Tsuguka’s compliments to her.

“Tugs,” Aikiko spoke softly in her usual manner accepting what Tsuguka had said.

Turning to leave, Tsuguka just shrugged, balled her fists, and searched for the words she was trying to articulate.

"I just... I didn't want what happened to Dirjon to happen to you. You really gave me a scare earlier on." More movement, as she went to leave, tired body now reminding her there was still much to do. "I'll be with the Shosho. Keep an eye on the rest of the team for me, please, Akky-san..."

"Tugs? Shosho can either wait for the report, or come find you in Medical. As for Dirjon..." Aikiko looked at Tsuguka, seeing and hearing Tugs doing as she pleased. She turn back to her work. Forgetting about Tugs. If the wench wanted to overwork her over abused body, then she would be useless when it really counted. Which reminded her to get her SPINE interface cleaned and checked out. There was others aboard the ship that could bring in the missing Daisy from where ever it was currently located.

It was like tearing a model apart and replacing it with new parts, just follow the instructions that the ship's volumetrics displayed in mid air above her work station. Then test it for reliability and performance.

Med Bay

Taharial stood over the crushed body of Dirjon as she heard all the commotion on the speakers "don't people know that you need quite to work on someone this bad?", she smiled at the body "why do the cute ones always get crushed as well, story of my life" she laughed at that then looks over the body and vital signs "hmm interesting, vital low but steady, seems everything that happened to my dear Dirjon and stopped the bleeding and the armour took a lot of the force".

Taharial wiped her forehead and collected the stuff she would need, firstly she scanned the body and checked for anything that could be change his status really quickly and was surprised but the ribs, some were cracked but none seemed to be endangering his inner organs but everything past that was bad, a broken arm and leg, some bad internal damage but somehow his heart was still beating, just very weak. It was dangerous to do that much without dealing with the internal injuries to some of the organs "must of been bashed a lot to get like this dear" Taharial speculated that the suit took the brunt of the force but inside he got knocked around a lot painfully, the arm and leg looked like the bone was crushed but still fixable, she pulled out a Healing Blood Injector and gulped then put it to a slow trickle while she worked on the other parts of him.

Taharial smiled as she put the casts on Dirjon "sorry about this but it is the only way it will heal properly, you wont be able to fight till it's healed" she laughed to herself, Dirjon couldn't hear her in the state he was in at the moment being unconscious had its problems, as for Dirjon the only thing she could do was let him rest with the blood trickling into him "trickling is best, too much to quick could make any over looked wound worst" she nodded to herself hoping that Dirjon would pull through as well as Tsuguka did and sat beside him watching his vital signs closely.

Bridge

Natsumi sat in her chair at Ops. She had little to do since the Shosho had taken direct control over the Eucharis' flight systems. She frowned, feeling fairly useless at the moment.

She stayed in the SPINE connection, monitoring the sensors, which she knew multiple others were too.

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

"Natsumi," Hanako said. "Put us in a stable orbit over Splorfin III were we can look at the crash site. Then we can call it a night and have the second shift take over and get some dinner. Instead of going to the crash today, I am going to give the away team some time to heal and recover." She turned to Antonia next. "Stark, you are done for today. Go spread the word that we are having some downtime tonight, and ask the cooks to make something nice. I imagine they were tempted to just give us ration packs when we were riding the ocean waves. Also, tomorrow morning I am sending at least one of the extra shuttles home. Get one of the Santo Heis to mop the blood out the T8. Got it?"

YSS Eucharis, Medical Bay

Med Bay

Taharial stood over the crushed body of Dirjon as she heard all the commotion on the speakers "don't people know that you need quite to work on someone this bad?", she smiled at the body "why do the cute ones always get crushed as well, story of my life" she laughed at that then looks over the body and vital signs "hmm interesting, vital low but steady, seems everything that happened to my dear Dirjon and stopped the bleeding and the armour took a lot of the force".

Taharial wiped her forehead and collected the stuff she would need, firstly she scanned the body and checked for anything that could be change his status really quickly and was surprised but the ribs, some were cracked but none seemed to be endangering his inner organs but everything past that was bad, a broken arm and leg, some bad internal damage but somehow his heart was still beating, just very weak. It was dangerous to do that much without dealing with the internal injuries to some of the organs "must of been bashed a lot to get like this dear" Taharial speculated that the suit took the brunt of the force but inside he got knocked around a lot painfully, the arm and leg looked like the bone was crushed but still fixable, she pulled out a Healing Blood Injector and gulped then put it to a slow trickle while she worked on the other parts of him.

Taharial smiled as she put the casts on Dirjon "sorry about this but it is the only way it will heal properly, you wont be able to fight till it's healed" she laughed to herself, Dirjon couldn't hear her in the state he was in at the moment being unconscious had its problems, as for Dirjon the only thing she could do was let him rest with the blood trickling into him "trickling is best, too much to quick could make any over looked wound worst" she nodded to herself hoping that Dirjon would pull through as well as Tsuguka did and sat beside him watching his vital signs closely.

A faint, muffled voice comforted Dirjon as he lay on the table. the darkness that had blocked out his vision was broken by a blurry image of intense light and scarlet hair. His eyes slightly opened eyes closed quickly as the lights stung his retina. The light burned through his eyelids as the air made his skin tingle like pins and needles.

He took a short, shallow breath sending a wave of sharp pain though his chest. Lost and confused by the unfamiliar surroundings his heart rate increased quickly pumping fire through his veins. With his bandaged left hand he weakly grasped Taharial's wrist, shivering as he fought to ignore the pain of surviving.
A single question was all he wanted to ask, 'where am I?'
With difficulty he tried to say the words but just couldn't make the right sounds. It was all so surreal to him, like a dream. A twisted nightmare where he couldn't move or speak. An element of panic rang through his mind as he wanted to scream for help but not a sound was made.

P.A Bay

Aikiko finished up repairing and testing the Daisy she was working on. She put it away in its assigned slot and secure it. She finished up putting away the tools she had used back in the tool cart and secured it. She pushed the cart full of damaged parts into the Fabrication Section of Engineering.

Engineering/Fabrication Section

Aikiko to the cart of damaged parts and uploaded the recycler with the damaged parts of Dirjon's Daisy. Ruined weapons systems after they had been emptied of good working munnitions. The missiles that had been damaged, she disarmed them by removing the explosive warheads and securing them where they would remain inert. Rest of the missile's body was dismantled even farther to make sure things were safe, losing track of time as she worked steadily.

With that finished and the empty cart secured where it was suppose to go, she moved to a utility closet and grabbed the necessary equipment and supplies, heading to the Shuttle that brought Tsuguka and Tankyusha in.

Shuttle::

Aikiko went to work cleaning up the mess of the medical treatment of Tsuguka. She scrubbed the Shuttle clean and made sure to disinfect it once it was clean.

Med Bay

Taharial felt something grab her wrist, looking at her arm she saw Dirjon wake and smiled "don't worry dear, we are on the Eucharis in the Med Bay, you were really lucky none of your ribs fully broke, if some dis we wouldn't be having this conversation" she smiled and kissed the guy's forehead "your safe now but need time to heal, want to stay here with me?". Taharial smiled more "I am glad your okay" she sat looking at him "go back to sleep, i wont leave", she looked worried, she wanted him to stay till he should move "your body is slowly healing, i didn't want anything to go wrong so i went slow".

Shuttle

Tankyusha looked up as Tsuguka entered the shuttle and gave her his best smile. It still came out a bit flat. "Hello again, Tsuguka-Hei. You seem to be doing better."

He started to stand, then thought better of it. His power wasn't where it needed to be yet. While not critical, he'd lost an energy reserve unit in the fighting and his tired synthetic muscles and servos took more power to move. He kept the topic off of it - he looked fine, at least. "You're welcome to join me for a bit, if you'd like. The quiet is nice after everything that happened."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back