• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 22] Echoes of the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Eucharis - Medical Lab to Wardroom

Taharial smiled and listened to the kind, friendly girl as they walked towards the Wardroom and looked around making sure she knew what Aikiko was talking about "thank you for showing me the way", she looked at the girl "you are amazing, helping me so much" she looked down and smiled slightly.

YSS Eucharis - Wardroom

Taharial looked around the room and smiled "I guess the best thing to do is eat then take food down to Dirjon and make sure he eats", she smirked and her stomach growled loudly making her face turn red "sorry about that, hungrier than I thought" she goes to get some food and couldn't decide what to get "mhmm what to get, what to get".

YSS Eucharis - Medical Lab to Wardroom

Taharial smiled and listened to the kind, friendly girl as they walked towards the Wardroom and looked around making sure she knew what Aikiko was talking about "thank you for showing me the way", she looked at the girl "you are amazing, helping me so much" she looked down and smiled slightly.

YSS Eucharis - Wardroom

Taharial looked around the room and smiled "I guess the best thing to do is eat then take food down to Dirjon and make sure he eats", she smirked and her stomach growled loudly making her face turn red "sorry about that, hungrier than I thought" she goes to get some food and couldn't decide what to get "mhmm what to get, what to get".

YSS Eucharis, Med Bay

Dirjon didn't really have anywhere to go at this point so complying should have been easy. As the door closed he began looking around the room as best as he could.

Hmm... Sure is drafty in here...

The tingling that he felt on his skin had reached his bones, a quite unpleasant feeling caused by the femtomachines. Regardless of discomfort, he wanted to leave the room but still couldn't move as his bones were still under repair.
He lay there in the silent room just thinking about the day and wondering what he would have differently if he could do it again.

Eucharis Bridge

Kale cracked his neck somewhat loudly, the diagnostics results on the main systems had come back clean. He hadn't yet checked auxiliary and minor systems, but he could do that later. He just wanted to stick some more firewalls up. He didnt see any traces of a cyber attack from that battle but he'd be damned if he didn't prepare for the scenario. He looked over to the pilot's chair.

"Eh, Yamashiro-san you look a little stressed. Dinner is served in a few, go grab a bite to eat, it'll make you feel better."

He sighed and rubbed his forehead a little and sighed. Thankfully by now the various aches and pains had subsided to a dull throb at the back of his mind. The next few minutes he spent encoding several rotating encription checkpoints within the system, these he placed over key systems as an extra layer of protection. The 512 bit encription would hold at least until the automatic systems checkers would detect the repeated failed data packets and raise a virus alert. That done he took one last look at the mostly empty bridge before leaving for the wardroom.

Wardroom

On opening the door to the wardroom sound assaulted Kales ears, the clattering of pots, pans and various cullinary implements was evident. A tired smile on his face he greeted those already there. There were a few people he didn't know there. Hopefully that would change soon enough.

"Hey there, I'm Namach Kale a software technician returning after a couple of months on another post. Nice to meet you." This last was addressed to Akiko, Antonia and Tahariel.

Eucharis Corridors

After fetching Tankyusha an extra-long interface cable so that he count port directly into the ship whenever desired, Tsuguka just sullenly dragged her ruined Daisy back into the correct storage facility before calling it a day. Her uniform felt like an afront to nature, but it wasn't worth putting her last clean one on until she could take a shower...

Wardroom

Moving through the doors with an immensely tired look on her face, Tsuguka still made the effort to give Aikiko and Taharial appreciative nods in turn. She still looked pretty gaunt and off-color, but retained that same old straight-back sitting stance regardless.

"Santo Hei Akiashiro... Santo Hei Taharial... Thanks for all of your work today. How is Dirjon-Hei? I didn't want to disturb him if he was resting..." Sluggishly, the sharp-faced woman was attempting to put her ruined left arm in a sling by herself, without much luck. The glossed-over look in her eyes said that it was probably more mental fatigue than pride that was telling her to keep on fumbling in vain. "I'm... not even sure what to say about what happened out there. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I'm sorry that I was not a better CO..."

A short silence, before she finally gave up and acknowledged Kale briefly.

"My apologies. I'm Nito Hei Tsuguka. That wasn't the best introduction, but... Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance none the less."

::Wardroom::

Aikiko nodded to Namach Kale, "I'm Aikiko Akiashiro," using the format of introducing herself that she was used to. Making no move towards the newcomer. At least he was cute in an unique sort of way. "Infantry and E. O. D."

Looking thoughtful, as she watched Kale. Then Tsuguka walked into the wardroom, looking like hell but mobile.
Aikiko moved over to Tsuguka and helped in placing the sling she was fumbling with. She kept a straight face as she helped Tsuguka. She whispered to Tsuguka as Tugs spoke, while keeping her back turned to the rest.

"If you was sorry, you would be in the Med Bay getting treatment from Taharial right now, instead of wandering all over the ship. I've no respect for a soldier, Senior in rank nor subordinate, who can't take care of themselves when they have the opportunity to do so."

Aikiko stepped back away from Tsuguka and turned fully 180 degrees from Tsuguka to stand next to Cadet Stark, ignoring Tsuguka.

Ward Room

Tony ignored everyone for a bit as she finished her conversation with the Mess team. "Please I would love the whiskey... hell I might trade one of my guns for it." She looked helpless for a moment, pleading almost.

She turned to the rest of the crew who showed up. "I need an Hei to raise a hand. Just one of you will do, any of you. I promise it won't hurt me." She smiled and looked over everyone there.

Wardroom

Taharial grabbed her food and smiled at Kale "hello again, I hope you had a good reunion back on the ship" she chuckled then looks at Tsuguka "I hope it was worth risking your health again, doing whatever you were doing" she smiled a bit at Tsuguka. "The Med Bay still has room if you want to come back and rest darling, don't worry about Dirjon, he is okay just resting" she put her food down and walked over Tsuguka and whispered "you were good out there, trust me, you did everything right, sometimes things go wrong, you can't plan for everything".

Taharial goes and got another plate of food and sighed. "I am going to go eat with Dirjon, he needs company and I want to make sure he is healing properly." She picked up her plate then walks towards the exit.

Med Bay

Taharial walked into the Med Bay and smiled, "hey Dirjon" she helped him sit up and put the plates down then sat by him "I thought i should eat with you, so you don't get lonely." Taharial giggled as she started to eat. "If you need help just ask and I will help".

Last edited by a moderator:
YSS Eucharis, Med Bay

"How's Tsuguka holding up?" Dirjon asked as he sat up, his voice returning to normal, "I half expected to see her here."

Last edited:
Med Bay

Taharial's face saddened as she looked at the food in front of her "she needs rest, but she is too stubborn to realise it", she looked really upset and sighed "I hope she comes here to rest, so I can look after her and make sure she doesn't over do it". she smirked and giggles "even if it is with straps and a lot of tape" she looked at Dirjon "might do the same to you if the mood takes me" she winded and hoped Tsuguka would come.

Wardroom::

Aikiko listened to Tony speak, then she spoke. "If it concerns the shuttles. It has been taken care of already. Cadet Stark."

She turned and looked at the others, taking notice that Taharial had left the Wardroom. She hoped that Tsuguka would do the same. She was unsure what went on in Tsuguka's mind. But what she had seen so far was in the realms of zealots and the those that were fanatics towards a cause as the 'be all end all'. She kept her expression and mannerism nuetral, keeping her thoughts from being expressed.

Wardroom

The grim nekovalkyrja didn't reply, just staring into her lap, rapping her pointed fingernails across the table top. What Akiashiro said was true, she realized. Everything that she had done was in the name of being a perfect soldier, but such idealism just didn't work in the real world. The fact that she had tried to section her friend for acting similarly independent only made it worse.

But what was left in the gaps in between? When Tsuguka acted elite, she felt empowered. Without it, what was the born soldier?...

Without words, the red neko finally just swallowed her pride and stood up again. The medical bay wasn't far.

Wardroom

Hanako almost ran into Tsuguka outside the door. "Tsuguka! I have to admit I am disappointed with how the mission went. I wanted things to go peacefully; instead, we ended up destroying something before we got to study it," the Shosho frowned. "But listen, do not worry about it too much. You look beat up. Get some medical treatment, lots of calories at dinner, and a good night's rest," Hanako told the red neko, giving her a warm pat on the undamaged shoulder before heading into the wardroom.

Inside, the cooks brought out the food and set it out on the buffet table.

Bridge

Blackberry arrived to start the night shift. "Hello, Natsumi," she waved. "Is there anything I need to know?"

YSS Eucharis, Med Bay

Dirjon was nodding in agreement right up to the point straps, tape, and himself were mentioned together. His brain stopped for a moment. This was a comment he'd never really prepared for being a subject that was rarely touched during a conversation.

As far as he could tell he had two options for a response.
The bold approach: "That sounds interesting."
Or
The nonchalant approach: "That sounds interesting."

With little time to prepare and both such obvious choices he used both, "T-that s-sounds... Interesting..."

The result was a perfect choke rewarded with a mental facepalm which resulted in him looking down which provided him with a perfect view of his lower body thus explaining why the room felt so drafty.
He froze momentarily as he thought about How the Shôshô had literally just been in the room with him. The milk chocolate complexion of his face turned an even deeper shade of red than he had before.

"Ta-Taharial... How long have I been..." His words couldn't even begin to describe the emotion of embarrassment he was feeling. His voice raised but not with anger, rather it was a mixture of embarrassment and panic as his only real fear had been exposed for the last hour or longer. "You couldn't at least give me a sheet!? The Shôshô was just here!"

He rushed off the bed toward the nearest cabinet forgetting in his surge of emotion that he was connected to an IV and had no solid bones in the left side of his body.

He immediately fell flat on his face where he lay on the verge of tears as his entire body returned to its previous state of agony.

Could this possibly get worse?
The door hisses open as Tsuguka arrives.
Wonderful...

Med Bay

Taharial sighed "I am truly sorry Dirjon, I completely forgot to do that, plus I liked the view a lot" she giggled and helped him up and put a sheet around it for him then helps him back onto the bed happily "now stay or you will be trouble". Taharial was still giggling when she turned and saw Tsuguka "good, you are here" she looked over the neko "there seems to be something wrong but it is easily treatable, with rest" she said the last part sharply "if you rested you could of been ready to go quicker but now you have doomed yourself to rest" she felt it weird that she was acting like a mother when she had never had anyone close enough to her for anything like that.

After Taharial looks over them both, she sat down "so lets talk about anything but the mission" she looked over at the Nightmare Type then back at the two crew members "would you like me to dance, I love to dance and it will help, a good laugh is the best medicine" she giggled cutely and smiled then took off her AMES suit she had been wearing since giving Tsuguka her outfit before forgetting that she had no uniform under it "ahh that is better" her wings flutter a bit and two pinkish feathers fall to the floor "oh... need to dye them soon, it is fading".

Last edited:
Bridge

Natsumi had frowned when Kale suggested she leave the bridge. Yes she was feeling tired, but no she could not just abandon her post. She had the watch until Blackberry arrived and just going off to have dinner, no matter how nice that sounded just was not in the cards till her relief arrived. She frowned some more and sank back into the SPINE connection, letting herself drift off into the detached world that came with direct contact with the ships systems and monitored what she needed to monitor via the mental connection.

That was until Blackberry actually did arrive. Natsumi quickly extracted herself from the connection and stretched her arms and legs.

"No, we are in our parking orbit, ready for the away missions tomorrow. There is nothing of interest on the sensors" she reported and hauled herself out of the Operator's chair, stepping aside and freeing it up for Blackberry to take over.

"I relinquish the bridge to you" she said officially.

Med Bay

Tsuguka just shrugged heavily as she walked in, both Aikiko's and Hanako's words weighing heavy on her mind. It really would have felt better if they just yelled at her. The expression quickly changed to one of mild confusion, however, by the time the door closed behind her.

Dirjon was sort of this big gangly male thing, sprawled all over the floor, and the red neko was down a grabbing appendage to help him out with. Thus, she ended up uselessly standing there staring at him with mild agitation, whilst their resident angel dragged him back onto the table.

The medic soon gave her the once-over, and said a little uplifting primer.

"I'm not so good at resting... It feels self-indulgent..." Words under her breath, a contrast to Taharial's continuing upbeat and caring demeanor. She was looking downwards at the stray pink feathers awkwardly, as if not really expecting her to understand. "Dancing was on the cultural training scheme, but I missed it in favor of explosives clearing. I'll... I'll inform you when I am correctly trained up to standard levels."

A few more rigid doctrine-based thoughts visibly crossed her mind, before her piercing eyes slowly made their way over to the rather beat-up Nepleslian on the medical table. "You seem to be in pretty good condition, Santo Hei, all things considered..." A dull, cold tone. "I retroactively retract my previous angered statements on the field. Since you basically saved our lives, so I don't think I can stay angered at you. In fact, depending on certain unknown variables, we may all be within your debt." Not exactly an apology, but... Close enough?

A small renewed grimace of agitation. Her personal damage assessment of the soldier was being obscured by the sheet in the way.

"Is there something wrong with his body temperature regulation, Taharial-Hei? We can just alter the room's heat settings if it's a problem."

Last edited:
Med Bay

Taharial looked at Dirjon and giggled "his temperature iss okay, he is embarrassed by all the girl's seeing him with nothing on, even Hanako came in a while ago", she picked up the feathers and smiled "would either of you want a feather?". Taharial started doing a little dance as she walks around the room trying to find the pain medication "why is everything in this room so random!" she looks back at the patients "sorry you too, I was trying to find pain meds for your injuries".

Taharial giggled and looks at them "just thinking, when was the last medical examination for the crew, I need to give one to the guy who came on with me, the one who came back, so I think I should give everyone an exam just to make sure everyone is okay".

Med Bay

"You seem to be in pretty good condition, Santo Hei, all things considered..." A dull, cold tone. "I retroactively retract my previous angered statements on the field. Since you basically saved our lives, so I don't think I can stay angered at you. In fact, depending on certain unknown variables, we may all be within your debt." Not exactly an apology, but... Close enough?

YSS Eucharis, Med Bay

"No, ma'am, you're right to upset. I ran head first into danger and got lucky. I'll follow your lead next time."

Med Bay

Taharial looked at Dirjon and giggled "his temperature iss okay, he is embarrassed by all the girl's seeing him with nothing on, even Hanako came in a while ago", she picked up the feathers and smiled "would either of you want a feather?". Taharial started doing a little dance as she walks around the room trying to find the pain medication "why is everything in this room so random!" she looks back at the patients "sorry you too, I was trying to find pain meds for your injuries".

Taharial giggled and looks at them "just thinking, when was the last medical examination for the crew, I need to give one to the guy who came on with me, the one who came back, so I think I should give everyone an exam just to make sure everyone is okay".

With a faded pink feather in hand Dirjon stared confusingly at the half naked medic as she went about the room. The sheer range of emotions she conveyed in the small period of time was perplexing. He'd only ever seen his youngest cousin this hyper during a sugar rush but even he couldn't compete here. Dancing became medicine and turned into physicals in a matter of seconds.

"Um, huh?" He mumbled with a confused look frozen on his face.

Med Bay

Taharial smiled her tattoo showing fully as she went around the room happily and joyfully then turns to Dirjon "so Dirjon how is your body feeling any better", she looked over at Tsuguka and smiled happily "I am glad you came back here" she walked over and patted her shoulder, you were amazing at leading".

Taharial giggled and looks at the Nightmare Type "she is beautiful, isn't she" she talked like she had already fallen in love with the 'thing' then snapped out of it "sorry, I just never seen one in real life". Taharial looked down "I know it sounds weird, but I think they can be changed, or at least we can do the same as they do to them" she gulped and looked up "I am speaking of dreams and ideas I use to have, just ignore me" she laughed and sat on the floor looking up at the two others cheeks flushed a bit as she felt like a little kid again.

Med Bay

Tsuguka simply continued the same mildly confused look that she had before, angular eyebrows curving upwards as she put on an unconvincing smile. Having been created in a lab herself, basically walking out of the tank as an adult, any ideas of childishness were completely lost on the red neko. Still, she didn't want to make her friend feel embarrassed. "Changed? You mean like brainwashed onto our side?" The oafish grin continued, whilst she tried to figure out exactly what it was the Elysian was talking about. "It would certainly solve a lot of our problems, but I don't know if I would appreciate having my free will messed with very much... Hell, Hisoka-Hei is the most irate person I've met in a long while, and she chose to be here."

Scratching her head, the lynx considered more subjects about genetics, with the pervasive feeling that she was forgetting something important.

"Erm... Taharial-Hei, dear..." The smile suddenly turned nervous, rather than just confused. "You did put that leg in one of these isolation units, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back