• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuttle

Mitsuko busied herself making sure the large gun was properly secured, locking the barrel pointed safely away from any personnel, double-checking to ensure there was no way it would accidentally begin firing. She simply nodded in response to the comments from Umeshu and Stark, barely registering them as she tried to keep focused on her work. Once the weapon was stable, she moved to help the cooks load everything inside and strap it down. Then she herself was strapped into a seat, sighing to herself as she was resigned to this fate. The best case scenario she could picture had the horrible aliens eating all of their food and then assaulting them and being mowed down before the shuttle escaped with at least a few of them safely inside. She spent her time during the trip to the village making a mental list of all of the other ways this could go horribly wrong, attempting to plan and prepare for the far more likely worst case scenarios.

Shuttle

As the shuttle took off and proceeded to its destination quickly, Umeshu used the precious few moments of peace to close her eyes, breathe and center herself in the chair, imagining herself in her place of zen that transcended time and space. The princess had placed a great duty upon her relatively inexperienced shoulders, and she would have to use every ounce of her powerful people skills to meet it. Of course, she never had negotiated with an alien before either. The fate of Yamatai and Rixxikor relations going forward could hinge on her decisions, too. She asked for strength and wisdom for the task ahead. Regardless of how things went, she would have to remember that the priority was for everyone on this shuttle under her command to return home in one piece. The Neko took a moment to reach behind her head and tighten the simple motoi paper tie that bound her long, purple hair together, the gesture solidifying her determination to succeed and not be afraid to face the unpleasant with the grace and honor of a samurai...

Umeshu then opened her eyes and soon went from the dojo in her mind's eye to the view of the visceral reality of the bug-men's low-tech, unkempt settlement as it came into view. The chaotic nature of its arrangement was a far cry from even the simplest farming community she knew back home, and served to visually verify what Sigurd had mentioned before about their innate behaviors. Though they lived together in proximity and could build homes of a crude clay fashion, they obviously were competing with each other just as much and couldn't even be bothered to have a standard of sanitation. That, or perhaps they were especially resistant to disease and it wasn't such a concern to them.

Hearing Natsumi's comments, she then chimed into the forming discussion with the pilot. "Yes, it does seem they have rather low standards... this, and the haphazard arrangement of the homes seems to support Bjarnson-hei's theories about them being very chaotic and disorganized." The Shoi then began bringing up some volumetric maps of the settlement as the sensor data streamed in. "I can't seem to find any defenses or fortifications, so that is good. We shouldn't have a problem landing, though I think we should find a location nearer the edge of the village to setup operations, so as to not cause an undue panic to the residents... and additionally control the flow of the bug-men." She pointed a finger in a couple places that were indicated to be growing cornfields. "Stark-san, would one of these places be adequate for your sniping purposes? Unless you intend to stand on top of one of their buildings and provide cover for the proceedings that way."

Medical

One of the neko's seemed to be looking for a paint brush. She seemed a little ditzy. But, was she ditzy enough for Sam to have a chance with her? Sam rolled over. "Oh, what's this?" He pretended to hug something under the blankets. "O.O A paint brush? Such a beautiful paint brush... I'm gonna love this paint brush forever and ever."

Shuttle

"Outskirts of town sounds good to me" Natsumi replied to Umeshu. "Take them a bit longer to surround us" she added with a slight grin as she started looking for a good spot with plenty of space for their needs to land.

Shuttle

"The Fields would be fine if I had a spotter, who could watch my back, if not I'll take a building." She smiled a little. "What are the rules of engagement? I would hate to wait to long or start to soon."

She giggled a little, a bit creepy of a giggle before she pointed back at the heavy machine gun and the Mitsuko that belonged to it. "I would suggest put her and the neko on a opposing building, so that she can cover me and I her, AND give decent crossfire for the ground team." The tactical advise seeping out of her was sound though with the limited resources involved they would be hard pressed to hold off a major assault for long.

"I would also suggest once the ground operations team is deployed with their gear the shuttle take off and orbit, so we have air support. A good Evac then would be for the ground team to retreat to the two buildings we control and then shuttle come in hot for fast evacs." She turned her gaze to Nats, "You think you can pull that of?"

Medical

Taharial smiled when she heard the ding of the Hemo tube and walked over "Sorry Akane no one has taken your paintbrush, please just wait a second" she pressed the release button and turned back to Akane "Maybe we should put you in a tube, it may help better than a back up.." she smiled at Akane as she moved back to her side.

Taharial stayed by Akane's side while she judged what to do, then it happened Sam said and done something that really annoyed her, it was one thing to flirt and try to get with a girl, it was another to flirt and do that with the girl she loved. She glared at Sam and growled "Say or do anything more to Akane and you will be sorry that you did" she grabbed a scalpel and spun it around her fingers "You don't want to find out why I am called the Butcher" she grinned "I will give you a hint, I am more interested in causing wounds than healing them."

Medical

"Akane-chan? T-that's her name? Wow, such a beautiful name." Sam grinned cause he saw Taharial grin and smiles were contagious. "Thanks for telling me." Now, he wouldn't have to look like a fool by asking her her name. He already knew it.

Medical

Once the tube was open, Aikiko crawled out in time to see Taharial begin to twirl the scalpel and speak. Looking at the way Taharial was close to Akane and being protective of her. At least from her perspective. Not knowing Tahairal's past and seeing her determined grin.

Aikiko moved quickly, deftly snatching the scalpel from Taharial grasp, as she spoke, "Put Akane in the tube, Taharial." in her quiet authoritive UOCPF manner.

Then with a sudden move and twirl, flicked the scalpel as she sent it streaking across the room. Right where she wanted it to go. Just a few inches from Samual's head into the pillow. She was already on the crap list with the Shosho and majority of the crew who outranked her. She didn't want Taharial to end up there along with her. And it seamed that Sam was there also.

"You just shut up!" Aikiko spoke to Sam in the same manner as she did to Taharial. "I don't know what is your problem is, but you better take care of it outside the ship or in private, Soldier." Even though she may have a good idea of what Sam's problem was.

She moved to Sam's bedside and recovered the scalpel from the pillow. Totally forgetting she wasn't wearing much and giving Sam a good view of her physique.

Medical

Sam was laying in his med bed staring at the ceiling while thinking of all the fun things he could be doing with Akane-chan when he got better. Suddenly, he heard something on the right and glanced to see that his pillow was impaled by something sharp. Someone must really hate pillows.

Sam was going to request a new pillow from Taha-chan when someone told him to shut up before his mouth even opened. He frowned. That wasn't a very nice thing to say--especially to him. He rolled over to give this person a piece of his mind, when he froze. The girl... She... She was hardly wearing anything.

The girl's features seemed oddly familiar to Sam. Had he met her before? He thought for a few moments as he tried hard to remember her name. Suddenly, he heard words in his head. You'd seen a lot more if you was in the Power Armor Bay getting ready like rest of us, instead of being someplace else. That's right! There were lots and lots of girls waiting for him in the Power Armor Bay! Lots of girls! Waiting for him and only him!

Sam considered going to the Power Armor Bay immediately. But, this girl was here for him now, right by his bed, so he did the only polite thing he could think of. He stared.

Medical

Aikiko ignored Sam as she walked away from him and set the used scalpel on a tray for recycling or clean up.

"Once you get Akane in a tube, Taharial. Get Sam in one also." Aikiko spoke to Taharial. "Then you whont have to deal with him till he fixed and sent on his way."

Glancing back at Sam. "Once you're healed, report to what's left of the Armor bay. Hopefully we've been resupplied with new power armor. Or find one that isn't damaged."

Aikiko left Medical on her way to her cabin to get cleaned up herself and into a fresh uniform. She carried her clothing with her as she headed to her quarters.

"Shosho Ketsurui, Akiashiro Nito-Hei, returning to duty," Aikiko reported in via ship communications as she made her way to her quarters to grab a set of fresh clothing and her hygiene kit for a quick shower. "May I please get an update on resupply of power armor, plus current mission profile?" Keeping her voice neutral and respectful.

It was weird to have an Admiral in charge of a ship. Most stayed either back at Fleet HQ or traveled with a huge armada of ships. Who was she to say in these matters. She continued on her business at the moment. Getting cleaned up.

Meanwhile, in Engineering

When you're an engineer aboard a warship, Jax discovered as of today, there isn't a whole lot to do when you're underway and not being shot at. That gave one a lot of time to think. Normally, for most people, this was a good thing, but for people like Jackson, well...

"Okay, okay, just hear me out!" Jax pleaded to his FAR, who let out an annoyed sigh. She knew exactly where this was going. "What if! What IF... We aren't real?"

"Oh dear god, someone please delete me..." the FAR whispered, dragging a hand down her face. She wasn't in the mood for Jax's brand of crazy at the moment.

"Like, we are real, to us, at least!" Jax continued, ignoring her. He leaned forward in his seat, holding his hands in front of him for emphasis. He had a look of awe and discovery on his features. "But what is our reality? Is it a computer simulation, like the Matrix? Or... OR.... what if it's not even a computer simulation?! What if we're thoughts in someone's head?! The machinations of some being's imagination?!"

The hologram's eyes widened a little. That was a whole new theory, indeed, and one that sounded remotely interesting. She shrugged.

"Like, say, characters in a science-fiction-themed, forum-based, online role-playing game?" she suggested, raising an eyebrow. To her annoyance, Jax laughed and waved his hand dismissively.

"Nah! Nothing that crazy!" he chuckled, laying back and kicking up his feet.

Shuttle

Umeshu tried to smile at Natsumi's bit of gallows humor about the landings site, fighting the urges of pessimism that raged in the group as they were about to touchdown and begin this unique mission. At least Stark seemed lively, and the Shoi listened to her tactical suggestions with rapt attention and nodded firmly. "You are very astute, Stark-san. I think those are very credible suggestions to provide security for things incase 'Operation Cookout' needs to turn into 'Get Out' in a hurry. Yamashiro-shoi would be most effective remaining at the helm and being our air support." She looked towards Mitsuko, "Although, perhaps we could have the machine gun remain where it is fastened to strafe from the air instead in that case. Heisho, what are your thoughts?"

Umeshu paused a moment to let that sink in before restating the mission goals as she checked her AMES suit and her NSP in its holster. "Stark-san, the rules of engagement are as follows: We need to do all we can to avoid bloodshed, since this is a diplomatic and intelligence gathering operation first and foremost. However, should a lone Rixxikor begin to agitate or brandish a weapon with intent to harm any of our personnel, you are to use a warning shot to discourage them and set an example to the crowd that we will use force if provoked and it is to everyone's benefit to remain orderly and get access to more free food and wine. If that is not effective, or our crew is in imminent danger of physical harm, only then shoot to kill. If things break down, protect the cooks, Bjarnson-hei, and myself while we evacuate and the Rikugun squad moves in to mop up."

The purple-skinned Neko then sighed once, as she thought that using overwhelming force in this case would be a mark of shame rather than pride. "Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best it seems. I only hope we can locate some kind of 'elder' the locals respect to focus our efforts on, and they could help keep the bugs in line that way instead of a threat of more violence being visited upon them." In the distance out the windows she could see the image of the Eucharis and its sister the Vesper rising up into space where they belonged, and it helped restore her confidence that they would ultimately be successful in their efforts this day. She also thought of a certain technician who deserved a pat on the back...

Engineering

As Jackson was kicking up his feet and waxing metaphysical to his FAR, he received a congratulatory telepathic communication from Umeshu. "I see the Eucharis is spaceworthy again thanks to your efforts. Keep up the good work, Jax-san... and, do wish me luck down here feeding the bugs."

Last edited:
Medical

Sam blinked. Put in a tube, then get fixed? Like they did with cats and dogs? His eyes widened. Shit! His hands instinctively covered his groin. Was that what the pointy thing was for? "Y-you know what?" He got off his bed. "I feel all better now. So, um... Good bye!" He quickly ran out of the room. No way in hell was he letting some butcher cut off his joystick!
---
Power Armor Bay

Sam arrived in the armor bay huffing and puffing. Was he safe? Was that demon coming after him? Was she going to hack off his precious? He most certainly hoped not!

While searching the room, Sam noticed something peculiar. This room seemed to be missing something. Suddenly, his eyes went wide with horror. There weren't any girls! Not even one. That woman tricked him!

Engineering

Jax released a surprised mew and fell out of his chair.

'SON OF A-'

WHUMP!

Whoever said that cats always land on their feet, Jax was going to beat them with a sack of potatoes when he found them.

'Ow~!' he whimpered internally. He pulled himself back into his chair, rubbing his backside. He still wasn't used to being able to speak telepathically with others, having been a natural human for most of his life. For a moment, he could swear that Umeshu could feel his blush, it was so intense.

'Whoops! Sorry, Umeshu!' Jax chuckled nervously. He took a more serious tone. 'I know I probably shouldn't be telling you this, with you being my superior and all, but be careful, please? I don't trust these things for one second, and I got the nagging suspicion that they won't treat you with any decency, even after a free meal. I wish I could be there with Wilson- I mean- a grenade launcher to back you up.'

The seriousness and worry was somewhat uncharacteristic of the mechanic, but he had good reason. Umeshu was essentially his only friend at the moment. He knew that wouldn't be the case when he actually got the chance to go meet some of the other crew members, but even so she would be his first and probably best. There was another reason for his concern, but he would never admit it to himself. He was too old for stupid, middle-school crushes.

But, she was a big girl. She could definitely handle herself. Jax smiled and resumed his relaxed position.

'But what am I saying? Have fun, mingle, and come back in one piece so we can have that drink.' he finished, remembering their promise from earlier, during the battle.

Medical

Taharial had helped Akane up and was taking to one of the empty tubes, she helped her in and turned it one "Okay lets hope that this works for her" she seemed more drained and stayed really close to the tube. Taharial laughed as Sam left the room "well then, that was surprising maybe we scared him off, that is good, he kept staring at me" she looked at Aikiko and blushed "Be careful around him, he seems desperate for female interaction." She sighed "He is trying to hard to get a girl and not actually working by the look of it" she shrugged "as long as he doesn't cause someone to die because of it, I don't care what he does."

T7 Shuttle Telemachus

While Umeshu, Tony and Natsumi discussed the tactical subtleties of the mission Sigurd concentrated silently on configuring his basically virgin FAR for its intended use. Setting up sensor configurations, making sure everything gets filed correctly and setting up a data link to his scanner so he could sight the readings every time.

When he heard Umeshu speaking of a possible evacuation he got a sudden inspiration for another use of his FAR.
"What emo packs have you installed?", he asked his FAR quitly. Because he had the FAR's sound muted it listed them at it's light bar.
+Doberman pincher, aggressive, gung-ho male, trigger happy female, Scientist with wild...+
"Stop! Show trigger happy female. Small", Sigurd interrupted and a moment later a small hologram of a military woman equipped with a battle rifle. The hologram didn't look a bit like Tony but somehow it projected a similar aura, Sigurd thought with a grin.
"Ok, replace the battle rifle with a Flamethrower, type KE-M2-W2904."
+Item not in databank.+
Sigurd grunted, deactivated the hologram, switched to record mode and directed the record lens at Lime for two seconds before he got the holo back.
"Access last record. Designate the weapon the recorded person is holding as 'flamethrower'. Replace battle rifle of trigger happy female with flamethrower."
The FAR complied and an exact miniature of Lime's flamethrower appeared in the hologram's hands.
There we go! But let's be a bit more impressive.
"Increase size of flamethrower by 120 %."
One moment later his hologram held not a small flamethrower but the mother of everything that promises death by fire.

Sigurd continued with his little programming, creating a hologram that, if it worked as planned, should seem to the Rixxikor like a goddess of vengeance, a harbinger of death and destruction. At least if they are as unintelligent as Sigurd thought them to be. Every civilized being would see through the deception in an instant.
Sigurd saved the program as "Brunhilda".

Corridor

Aikiko caught Taharial's last comment to her as she exited Medical. She sent a mental message back to Tarahial ~~ "Well whatever's been said, and how it was perceived. It sure got him motivated.... And thanks, Doc. I'll handle Sam for you." ~~

So that was Sam's problem. She thought to herself as moved gracefully to her quarters. He was a decent looking man. She gave a slight smile as she entered her quarters, moving to the wall locker to grab her kit and change of cloths. She paused and looked in her Star Army locker for one piece of equipment that came in a small package.

Soon she was in the showers, keeping an ear out for a reply from the Shosho. If she didn't hear word from her, she could always ask one of the other crew or the ship's MEGAMI.

Medical

Akane stepped into the tube. She knew something was off, aside from the guy on the other side of the room going on and on about his paintbrush. He seemed quite delusional. The Neko knew he'd start calling himself God Emperor of Sand Dunes next, or something just as bad.

Looking at her hand once again, Akane knew she needed to paint, but her head still felt funny.

Engineering

Umeshu's transmission to the technician paused noticeably at the feedback, getting the inkling that she had surprised Jackson yet again with the telepathic message. She needed to try harder to remember he was still getting used to being in the body he was in, whereas she was born this way and doing such things happened nearly reflexively. "Gomennasai, I'm sorry I startled you again. Please be at ease, though, for I will be alright. This a team mission and we are armed in case of an emergency. And you are here with me as well, in a sense, otherwise how could we have this conversation, ne?" Just like he had seeped some emotional context of a intense boyish blush into his message, Umeshu send back to him now what amounted to a very warm and reassuring sensation underlying her text. Jackson could almost swear he was getting the telepathic equivalent of a hug. "I didn't forget about our promise. Perhaps I can manage to save a bottle of the Lorath wine for us to share together."

Engineering

Jax's eyes widened a little at the "hug", but he eased up and smiled.

'Oh! Please do! I hear that stuff costs an arm and a leg to get! Always wanted to try a wine that could alter your emotions!' he said excitedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back