• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical

Taharial smiled at Akane and looked at the controls "see you in a bit darling" she activates the tube then looks around the Med Lab and sighed, when Akane went she would be alone again in this room. She sighed and started to write in her journal a lot of formulas and how they make Nekos for her project that she hadn't been working on since there time away from their missions.

Engineering

"It is not for the faint of heart. Even I have only tried it once," replied Umeshu to her potential new drinking buddy. "A shame it has to be wasted on the Rixxikor, but the Shosho's orders are orders. We are exiting wireless range now, so take care until I return, Jax-san." This last part was texted with a undertone of regret, as the ship rose up into space and he felt the encrypted connection weakening with increasing distance before fading into silence.

Shuttle

Umeshu gave a brief sigh as she ended the transmission to Jackson-hei, the shuttle and the Eucharis proper now out of range. A part of her enjoyed talking to him, and another part felt an almost motherly urge to check in on him, too. Experiencing the energy of his boyish enthusiasm for the simple things in life reminded her that living in the moment was a noble goal to have.

Sometimes it was easier said than done, however, and right now she was having to calculate all the possibilities and outcomes of various ways to break the ice with the bug-men. She did this while studying the view of the village below in the windows of the Telemachus, making sure her AMES suit was still in good shape and her NSP holstered and ready at her side. There was also a brief, green-eyed glance towards Sigurd as he seemed to be programming his FAR drone for intimidation purposes. She nodded once approvingly to the idea...

While waiting for Natsumi, Stark and Mitsuko to chime in their two cents worth about the strategy suggested, Umeshu decided to send one more message back to the Eucharis through her standard communicator, this one much more professional in tone.

Medical

Things had calmed down for awhile in the Medbay, and just as Tahariel began to get a little comfortable a ping at the console indicated that was a message waiting for her. "Hashimoto-shoi to Chasan-hei, I hope I'm not disturbing your important work. I wanted to ask you for the current status of the injured infantry team members. Have you managed to patch everyone up successfully?"

Last edited:
Power Armor Bay

Sam swayed a bit. The blood dripping down the side of the inside of his head was getting annoying. He hated having a hemorrhage. It was really ticking him off! He felt so weak, so dizzy. His sight was getting all blurry. And, since the encouragement of lots of pretty girls in bikinis desperately waiting for him to go to the Power Armor Bay no longer applied, he just couldn't fake it anymore. He fainted.

Eucharis

Aikiko finished up with her shower and gotten dressed. With a quick stop by her quarters to drop off her unneeded clothing and hygiene kit. She made her way to the Power Armor Bay. She had hoped that Sam was doing something productive.

She finally arrived at the Power Armor bay and took a look around. She sighed at seeing Samuel laying on the deck unconscious. "Oh this is great!" She muttered as she approached Samuel. She knelt next to him. She wasn't sure to either eject him out the airlock for his obsession or take him back to Medical.

Medical won as she wasn't going to sacrifice her freedom for murder of an idiot. She struggled a bit to get him into a fireman's carry and took him back to Medical.

Entering the Medical once again with her burden, approached Taharial. "I believe you allowed one to escape your tender care. Where should I put him?" Aikiko kept tight control on her emotions, but her voice showed an irritation on having to drag Samuel back to Medical to get fixed. "Please make sure he gets healed. Might want to keep him sedated if you don't want to hear his blabber. Or shag him to get him over his obsession."

Shuttle

"Keeping the shuttle orbiting is a good idea. If everything absolutly goes to hell, at least they wilk not be able to swarm it" Natsumi said.

Natsumi leaned forward, peering out if the viewports at the town below, she chewed her lip as she looked for a good spot....

"Okay, there is a nice clearing we can set down just outside town, big enough for the shuttle to offload supplies" she said and angled the shuttle to circle the spot she had chosen and get a better look.

Medical

Taharial glared at Sam and looked at Aikiko "Put him on one of the tables...... I am going to strap him down so he can't leave and a head brace so all he can do is look up at the ceiling" she seemed more agitated than last time and looked over at the tube whispered something as the tube was finished with Akane and done the exit procedures. She seemed calmer and pulled out the crystal leg "Here I come to save the day... or wreck it" she looked at aikiko and grinned "Lets see what we can do to calm him down a bit."

Medical

Aikiko dumped Samuel a bit roughly onto the table that Taharial pointed out to her. Then she proceeded to strap him down under the guidance of the Medic. She stepped back and eyed Taharial.

"You aint going to attach that to him?" Aikiko spoke with uncertainty in her voice as she edged towards the door. "Just want him operational. I checked with the ship's MEGAMI and we've got crew scattered to the four planetary winds. One off by himself."

Shuttle

Mitsuko was jostled out of her silent consideration of their impending peril as plans were suggested for her and the heavy machine gun. "Crossfire? No, no..." She shook her head, seeming uninterested in that particular idea. "I wasn't planning to leave the shuttle. I deployed it in this location to ensure the safety of the shuttle and its pilot, to guarantee our return to the Eucharis." Unless the aliens had weapons powerful enough to destroy the shuttle itself. But, if that was true, they'd likely be shot down well before they had a chance to attempt negotiations.

She nodded at Umeshu's and Natsumi's suggestions, thinking that staying in the air was more reasonable. Again, if they weren't shot down out of the blue.

Shuttle

Umeshu smiled a bit when the Heisho opted for the conservative approach. The officer figured she would like to be in a safe position, after all, seeing as she went to the trouble of placing the artillery there. "Very well then, remain on station to loiter as our air support with Yamashiro-shoi after we unload the materials for the operation. This also gives you a bird's eye view of the area to alert us to incoming threats that could disrupt our plans, and provide cover for Stark-san's position. Make sure that you record things as they happen and transmit it to the Shosho aboard the Eucharis in real time, in case she wants to give us new intelligence objectives on the fly as the situation evolves."

The purple skinned Nekovalkyrja leaned forward towards the cockpit a bit more, getting a better look at what was in front of the pilot in terms of a landing zone. "Mmm, yes, this seems like a suitable staging area with enough space. Let's begin offloading immediately, as the longer we wait the more the locals' curiosity at our sudden arrival could quickly turn into suspicion..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wes
Medical

Taharial sighed "No I was going to use this to warn him the dangerous of how he acts but.... we can put him in a Tube to let hiom heal fast I guess, the one Akane is in is done so lets put him in there as I guess we need him." she went over and helped Akane out of the Tube "Looks like she has fallen asleep" she put Akane on a bed and looked at Sam "I will not leave Sam alone with Akane so I will send Sam to the Armour Bay when he is done."

Medical

Aikiko nodded, "I'll be there in the P.A. Bay." She assisted Taharial in moving Akane to a bed to sleep. She straightened up, watching for a bit. "You need help with him? Otherwise I'll be in the P.A bay looking over the new Power Armors."

She stood poised to leave the infirmary.

Meanwhile, in Engineering...

"Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena!" Sang Jax along to the song blaring from his communicator. This. was. his. jam! He had the dance down to a T, and knew every word by heart! Who said work had to be boring?

"Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena." Sang his FAR begrudgingly as it monitored the ship's vitals, obviously not sharing in his enthusiasm. "Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena..."

Jax beamed. He knew exactly what to do. He ran forward, and then slid on his knees Footloose-style, arched his back to the heavens, and sang with all his might:

"HEEEEEEEEEY MACARENA!"

Shuttle

"Alright, taking us down. Offload as quick as possible, I want to dust off before too many of the locals attach themselves to the shuttle" Natsumi said as she piloted the small craft.

She swept them around in one more quick orbit about the landing sight, her red eyes peering out the viewports as she made sure it was clear. Satisfied enough, Natsumi brought the shuttle down quickly and smoothly.

Landing gear were extended at 20 feet, and she rotated the shuttle as it settled onto it's feet, keeping the cargo hatch pointed away from the settlement, so that the bulk of the shuttle would act as some cover for the landing party as they offloaded equipment and suplies.

"We're down. Opening hatch" she advised ans kept the shuttles engines spooled up to just below what would be needed to send it shooting up into the sky if something went wrong.

In the depths of sleep, Akane thought she saw something. A swirl of light. An angelic echo of Taharial.

Did I paint her? Akane wondered. Without an answer, she lingered in her unconscious state.

"HEEEEEEEEEY MACARENA!"

Aikiko looked around as sound echoed out of one of the many air vents. jumped started at the caterwauling issued forth. "What the he...." Eyes wide looking back the way she had came. She could see no one present at the moment.

It didn't sound like it came from the medical so Sam must be still one piece. She moved on towards the Power Armor Bay with a bit more speed to her steps.

Shuttle

Umeshu nodded to the experienced pilot, as things began to go into motion. "Ikimashou, let's begin 'Operation Cookout'. Stay alert." When it was safe to do so, the purple-haired officer made sure she was the first Nekovalkyrja off the transport shuttle, choosing to lead from the front in order to inspire the rest of the hesitant crewmembers and cover up her own nervousness. "Lime-hei, Mango-hei, follow me and let's get everything setup for food production. Stark-san, move in and use the nearby building or another suitable location to cover us along with Murakami-heisho from the shuttle. Bjarnison-hei, you and I will handle the public relations duties once our hungry guests arrive."

Outside Rixxikor Village

Hashimoto-shoi set to the task of supervising the unhooking of the large container of food they were carrying, and directed Natsumi to open the Telemachus V's main hatch long enough so they could offload the modified cargo container "grills" along with the other equipment and the wines as well, handled with care. The setup was focused on good physical control of the flow of Rixxikor that would invariably be coming from the nearby village in droves once they got cooking and the odors drew them in like, well, bugs. She also tried to disguise the flamethrowers they brought in such a way that they appeared as more as a cooking apparatus and sets of fuel canisters rather than expedient mass defensive weaponry for the two cooks.

Once things were taking shape, Umeshu pulled out her communicator and radioed to the Rikugun ground detachment to confirm that they were en route and aware of their landing site and position, should they be needed to intervene.

Last edited:
T7 Shuttle Telemachus

Once his commanding officer moved out Sigurd stood up himself and followed her. He acknowledged his instruction with a short "Yes, ma'am!" before he set his FAR to begin its observation patrol around the village. When his drone was gone, he pulled out his communicator and began making notes on everything he observed with his own eyes and on what data his FAR sent him. Doing so helped a bit to ease his upcoming fear, but not enough to make him really comfortable. He didn't look forward to this next encounter with the Rixxikor.

P.A. Bay

Aikiko looked over the new Mindy's and Daisy's that had been dropped off to replace the damaged and ruined Power Armors. She began to prep a one of the more lighter armors. The Mindy. She would have to scrounge up some paint for her newest armor and repaint to her liking. But for now it stayed the standard SAoY colors. She was going to miss her manipulator arms that did the really fine work in her dealings with explosives.

Looking over the accessories in weapon systems to add out the payload of the Mindy. Hoping Like hell Sam was getting healed and Candom was going to be okay till she could join him. But then that left the shuttle on their own.

Crash Site

Candon's tall Mindy cloaked the moment he made visual contact with the wrecked fighter. A fantastic sight, the ship had skipped and slid its way into a partially wooded spot of land, blasting four young trees into splinters before parking itself around a few bigger, oak-like trees. Parts of the ship littered the surrounding area. Suites would release a drone to scan the pieces as he flew over them while still flying two klicks off the ground. Zooming his vision in on the ship he noticed the empty bottle, not a small container at all.

He rolled onto his back and pitched ‘up’ in a maneuver that resembled a backflip and landed in front of the cockpit with his SMG set to stun and trained on the pilot's seat. His landing would be almost unnoticeable with the cloak feature on and heavy use of the CDD to set him quickly but gently on the ground.

Crash Site (@Rizzo )

Candon's picture-perfect landing under stealth would have gotten the jump on the erstwhile pilot of the wrecked fighter... if they were still there, that is. The operative soon discovered the seat of the craft itself was missing, along with a blown canopy and score marks from explosive charges marking the use of an ejection system to remove the pilot from danger. A nearby intact control console with stylized alien markings he could not decipher was bathing what was left of the cockpit in an eerie, sputtering red light to indicate system failure, but it also afforded him a glimpse of some emergency supply kit storage compartments that had survived the impact but had been recently opened to remove their contents.

Coupled with the liquor bottle near the crater, it meant the pilot had likely returned to the crash site to salvage what they could before fleeing the scene. The nodal drone camera he had released into the area to analyze the pieces of fuselage wreckage came up with little to work with as the technology registered as completely unknown, and needed more time to study its origins. But what it did eventually find were some footprints left in the sodden earth of Higalflan that were relatively fresh and indicated his target was on foot and heading in the general direction of the Rixxikor villages, though they were still many miles away from this remote location. Being in his power armor, it wouldn't be long for him to close the distance quickly once he narrowed down the location of the enemy pilot, who was wisely moving under the abundant cover in the wooded area.

Last edited:
Crash Site

Safely landed on the ground, Suites scans his immediate area to ensure that he was on his own before dropping his cloak to let it recharge. He returned the SMG to the gun holder behind his left shoulder approached the cockpit, carefully leaning inside to inspect the alien interface.
"Damn," he muttered upon realizing the computer was displaying information in a language he couldn't understand, "Eucharis, its Suites here. The crash site is secure but there's no trace of the pilot. This ships computer is still operational but we need a team here to recover the data. Be advised, the computer is displaying a language I can't recognize. I'm going to search the area for the pilot. Over."

As he waited for a response he kept scanning the area for clues. His HUD showed only an empty bottle, good for a DNA scan but otherwise useless at the moment.
Clear the HUD, he telepathically ordered his heads up display. With the absence of distracting information he began searching around the nose of the spacecraft finding the footprints of the alien pilot.
Save that shape, highlight similar shapes.
After a brief loading time the pilot's footprints began lighting up one by one, leading into the forest.

“Gotcha,” he muttered with a sly grin as he pulled the overkill SMG off his back, still at top stun. He telepathically ordered his drones to remain at the crash site to keep it secure as he dashes into the woods using the CCD to increase his speed dramatically while he navigated his way through the trees as he followed a path made only of the footprints intact enough to be recognized by the AIES.

Forest
Candon juked around trees and dodged obstacles while reaching speeds of nearly 90 Kph as he pursued his prey. As the pilot came into view Candon reactivated his holographic cloak and launched his Mindy into the air, cutting the CCD to be as quiet as possible. Candon released a second's worth of stun rounds at the alien pilot with every intention of unleashing a 3 second salvo if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back