• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

From her new vantage point Atsui returned fire where muzzle flashes indicated hostiles. Between Ellsif, Yaeko, and her own return fire. The incoming bullets was waning, then stopped. She watched when a headless figure fell out of the bushes into the stream to be swept away.

"Diamonds, Cease fire." she called out, then turned just in time to see Ira round house Silic while the soldier was looking away.

"Damn it, what the hell is going on with those two...." she muttered through clenched teeth.

"Munkata-Hei, hold position, sing out if you see any hostiles. Kayo, Agami-Hei what's your status?"

Silic felt the impact against the back of his helmet and staggered forward out of control, tripping and rolling down the bank. Weapon tumbling with him, he disappeared into the stream with a clumsy splash, the last sight of him was his boots sinking down into the water. His weapon balanced at the edge of the water on its barrel for a second, as though wondering if this was really a good idea, before tipping slowly forwards and following its master to the depths. It seemed to have been Silic's luck land in a hole in the otherwise rather shallow stream.

"Uh...." was all Ira could say as Silic went tumbling all the way down to the stream. He watched the whole spectacle up until Silic became impossible to see through the local flora.

Ira sighed audibly, and soon followed Silic down to the stream. When Silic would look up next he would find an out stretched hand waiting to help him up. "We can go back to the squad or we can finish this discussion with the stream as a witness."

"Ceasing fire." Came the reply as Ellisif's gun went silent. She spun back around into cover, and paused to collect herself. She'd never seen real combat this close, she at least hoped her performance was as good as it was in the training. Her eyes looked up to Numa-chui's position and she watched her with interest, waiting for the next order.

Ira's only reply was a small bubble plopping to the surface, followed by a small ration bar bobbing sadly to the surface. Being underwater Silic couldn't hear the officer, although the rest of the squad with radiosets heard him cough slightly.

“Uh, Chief?” said Silic, sealed helmet allowing him to talk under the water, his radio signal slightly distorted from the water. “Some thing is nibbling at me down here.”

"Aye Chui!" Yaeko scanned the forest line for any detections of movement. With her new magazine in, she new she had enough shots to take down a small squadron before the Chui would even need to be worried. "No movement yet."

The shooting had stopped, and Atsui's voice was like that of a guardian angel. She grabbed her sidearm and hopped out of the LUT, looking to Atsui for more orders.

"Sekimizu-Hei, check on Kayo-Hei. I believe she got caught by that grenade. I will check on Yagami-Hei.

Ramirez-Shoi, fish Vas-Hei out of the water, and I expect an an explanation about what is going on with the two of you.

Munkata-Hei, I'm giving you your call sign, effective immediately, you are 'Hunter'." Atsui said as she stood up cautiously, and made her way over to the LUT to check on Lynn.

Yaeko smiled down to the Chui. "I like it ma'am, 'cus it fits, but at the same time is an oxymoron of who I am outside of combat." She said it to herself a couple of times before looking down again. "What are your orders Chui."

"Hunter, join Eika-Heisho on the other side of the stream. Make sure its secure. If any of the attackers still live, see them restrained. Let me know when you've completed that." Atsui called up to Yaeko.

As she approached the LUT in general the vehicle appeared to have faired well. But it remained to be verified, for now she was concerned about the fate of one of her pilots.

Ira stood for a moment and saw Silic was not moving. He let out and exasperated sigh and reached down, grabbing Silic by his shoulders and lifted him out of the water with an audible grunt.

Ira patched in over the Com channel and replied to Atsui "This is Ramirez...I have Vas-hei..we are coming back."

Ira did not pull rank, he simply did an about face and began the walk back up to the rest of the squad's position.

"Aye Chui!" Yaeko quickly untied herself from the tree, coiled the rope, and slung it over her shoulder. She glanced across the stream for any immediate signs of danger, and then jumped from the top of the tree. Shouldering her Longbolt, eye on the scope, and barrel pointed across the stream, her fall gradually curved forwards and turned into a glide as her anti-gravity movement began, bringing her to her glide roughly four or five meters above the ground.

As he was pulled out Silic seemed to be trying to reach under his armour plate, squirming in discomfort. A long, dark form rose to the surface of the stream from the hole and plucked the forgotten ration bar from the surface, it's slimy skin showing briefly above the water before it retreated back into the darkness below.

As Yaeko approached the other side of the stream she could hear at least three distinct moans. She also saw Konpeki fade into view over hear a couple of the bodies.

Atsui was relieved to see that her EWO had sustained no real injuries, just a dusting of dirt and detritus from the grenade. "Glad to hear that Hoshi."

She turned back towards Ira. "Check that LUT, we will check this one to see if it is still operable."

"Chui, I've got survivors!" Yaeko rushed over one of the people that she heard. As she did so, she slung the Longbolt over her shoulder and pulled out her NSP. Setting the pistol to stun, she fired at the individual the moment she saw him, as well as any other enemies she may see around. Once that was done, she pulled the rope off from her shoulder and began trying up the prisoner, tying their hands and legs behind the back, and then tying the hands and legs together. "The first one is secure ma'am. Moving on to the next."

Silic meanwhile had rolled over and was belly flopping against the ground, trying to crush whatever had wriggled under his chestplate. Issuing heavy grunt for each landing as he dripped and spurted fluid out of his soaking uniform with exertion. “Get outta – there, you little - bugger!”

"It was operable when I turned it off, Ma'am." Lynn said tidily. "It works well enough, despite the frag it took to the front. Ready to go when you are."

She cast an odd glance at Silic, but nothing else left her lips.

Giving up on that plan, Silic lay face down panting. “Guys!” he wheezed “It's not like I need help or anything. Obviously I'm perfectly fine!” sarcasm dripping from every word. He rolled over and a dark, long form slipped out from his uniform, it flopped on the ground, rolling with an awkward but effective motion trying to get back towards the stream. Exposed, it was now apparent Silic had been attacked by eels.

Silic wasn't about to let that happen, he pulled out his knife and crawled towards the wriggling form “It's on now, fool!” he challenged, and lunged. The eel flicked itself aside as the knife sank into the mud. Silic growled, and struck again, and again. Blade hitting nothing but mud and grass, the eel too small a target to hit easily.

The duel finally ended as the eel managed to flick itself back into the water where Silic had no intention of diving back in. He stood on the waters edge looking into the hole “Fine!” he shouted at the water lamely as he backed away up the bank “Your friends died like cowards!”

"Sekimizu-Hei !! What's Kayo-Hei's status." Atsui growled in frustration.

"Hunter, once you get the surivors restrained, just stay over there we will pick you up." She called out to Yaeko.

"Ramirez, what is the status of the other LUT, is it operational or are we done to one truck." Atsui asked as she turned towards Ira.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…