• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

Ira paused his step, and took a calm glance at the LUT he and Silic had been defending. Considering Ira managed to save Silic's life, and his own at the cost of him tossing an enemy grenade into the LUT, and detonating additional grenades, it came as no surprise he found the machine to be useless.

"Ma'am...we are indeed down to one truck." He said respectfully. Atsui would notice her XO was an utter wreck. He was covered in dirt, blood and and had green stains all over his uniform. He also had a layer of crusted blood that had taken over the left side of his face, which had streamed out from a head wound he had suffered earlier on during the mission.

Yaeko did the same to the other survivors as she did to the first, firing a stun round at them and then restraining them. When she was finished she lugged them into a pile on the side of the road. "Alright Chui!" She call to the other side of the river. "They're restrained, awaiting pickup."

Atsui paused for a moment when she took stock of the condition of her XO. How long were he and Silic fighting. she thought.

"Ramirez, what the hell happened to you? You look like you lost in a bar fight. Did Silic-Hei do that to you?" she asked in a tone conveying her disapproval.

---------------------------

Meanwhile Kayo lay in the brush, bleeding from multiple lacerations, her left hand mangled and her right eye damaged. She was unconscious and loosing a good amount of blood.

Ira nearly doubled over in laughter at Atsui's comment, but managed to subdue the urg. Mostly due to the concerned expression Atsui was giving him. It reminded Ira of his mother.

"Uh...no ma'am. Vas Hei merely punched me in the stomach, but we were..bonding..we Nepeleslians bond through physical contact... especially in combat." Ira said with a nervous smile as quickly spit out the cigarette he was puffing on. Ira of course had no clue he was so looking so rough, usually he kept him self very cleaned up. His battered appearance was the result of his adventure during the first half of this mission.

"Please excuse my appearance ma'am...I know it is unbecoming of the XO...but I got separated...a little simian creature jumped out of the brush and took my gun...I then tried to get it back...he brought friends....any way...what is the sit-rep ma'am?"

"Hostiles on the other side of the stream have been neutralized. Our Eika-Heisho is over there with Hunter. We are about 5 clicks from our objective. We are down one LUT which is going to make evacuating the prisoners problematic. My XO looks like hell, Lynn, take care of that head wound. Don't need it getting infected out here." She said.

Silic picked up his shotgun that had been dragged out of the hole with him, rubbing the back of his head as he squelched back over the bank of the stream, water still running out of his uniform. “Hey, anyone heard anything about that other new one?” he asked over the radio out of curiosity. “You know, the alabaster one?” talking to himself he added “Someone better go find her before she takes a crap in her newbie pants...”

Seeing the group around the LUT's he decided to head off and do the deed himself, staying near where the Chief and the Boss were having a discussion was always a bad idea. At least where he was concerned.

Lynn was happy to take care of the XO.

"Ramirez-Shoi, if you'll allow me?" Lynn asked, guiding him toward the working LUT and the medical kit that would undoubtedly be there.

Silic would find Kayo at the same times as Ellisif. The Nekovalkyrja was lying face up in a dense cluster of bushes. Her field uniform was torn in places where the shrapnel from the grenade had torn it. Kayo was still breathing but unconscious.

Silic sighed as he found Kayo. “I was hoping we'd break this trend.” he said as he walked over and gently extracted her from the bushes, scooping her in his arms. He turned to Ellisif and beckoned with his fingers. “Come on, help me put on a field bandage until we get her to the truck.”

Ellisif took a moment to respond, this was her first time facing an actual combat injury. She let her training kick in, and helped apply the field bandage to Kayo's damaged hand. She knew that as long as they could stop the bleeding that Kayo's body would repair itself in time. Sooner if they could get her to a hemosynth tube.

"If you take her upper body, I will take her lower and we can get her safely into the LUT." she said.

“Alright.” agreed Silic, moving Kayos' feet toward Ellisif for her to carry. Gingerly they split the load between them, the height difference making it somewhat awkward but eventually they set off back to the trucks and the rest of the squadron.

As they came on to the dirt road they angled towards the working LUT and laid her on the flatbed as gently as they could, Silic lowering her head an shoulders down last. Job done, he took out another item he'd carried with him, Kayo's helmet. The visor cracked and holed from the shrapnel, he placed facing towards her on the floor within easy reach.

Kayo groaned as she was put into the truck. Her good eye fluttered open and she looked briefly at who was nearby.

"Damn, I don't think there is a part of me that doesn't hurt. My instructor was right, it doesn't pay to be a hero." She looked at her bandaged hand. "Guess I am lucky to be alive." She looked at the blood leaking from her other wounds. "Hey, I'm still leaking.... damn it, I lost my rifle." she said as she lost consciousness.

---------------

Lynn would see the rather nasty gash in Ira's scalp. The recent tussle with Silic having reopened the wound and blood trickled out of it. It was large enough that without stitches it would probably scar unless treated with hemosynth fluid and liquid bandage.

Silic smiled and gave the girls head an unconscious pat. “Lynn, this one will need something as well.” he said, standing up “I'm going to see if there's anything left of my pack.” he finished as he jumped off the back and walked towards his old truck.

It wasn't pretty, the bodywork had more holes than Swiss cheese in it and the only visible sign of the old backpacks were clumps of shredded canvas. He sifted through the mess trying to find something, eventually he picked out an entrenching tool, the blade having two sharp dents in the side from the grenade blasts. A quick check of the engine showed that more than a few things were wrong there as well, he'd be here all day without a machine shop.

Defeated, he wandered back to the other truck and placed the salvaged spade in the back. Never knew when a good shovel would come in handy.

Ira would nod at Lynn calmly. "When you have the chance, but help the ones who need it more first, this is just a scratch."

Ira would then head over to the LUT "Vas-Hei, lets see if we can get the Dirteh at least running."

THe XO would then head over to the battered LUT start inspecting it. He was no mechanic, but he knew enough about machines to be able to tell if there was some hope.

With the injuries this missions was looking like a disaster, but Ira Ramirez was not know for wanting to halt them, especially when they were trying to save people.

Ira let out a chuckle as he popped the hood of the LUT. "These missions would be easier if we all did not act so damned heroic."

The sight under the hood of the LUT was as dismal as the rear compartment. The engine was smoldering as the damaged power cells discharged their power in a single burst. Rending the electric motor so much melted metal and plastic.

Silic looked over at Ramierez, face unreadable under his helmet. “Heroics, sir. No more, sir. So much easier, sir.” he said as he walked over, leaning to see the now smoking engine. “Perhaps we should start by not walking around with head wounds, sir?”

Ira was about to snap back with some witty remark. But concluded it was best to heed the words of his CO and his subordinates. "It must be worse then I think it is." he muttered as he sat down on the ground Indian style.

He calmly removed another smoke from one of his pockets, placed it to his lips and started puffing away. "Is it possible to get some reinforcements?" He said looking up at Atsui.

Lynn sighed when the XO left. But she had her orders, and so grabbed the necessary supplies and quietly followed Ira until he sat down. Once he had stopped moving, she set to work attending to his injuries.

She wrapped his head in a liquid bandage after disinfecting it, and then set upon the normal cuts and bruises.

"Oh, for Chiharu's sake, shut up Vas-Hei." She growled once the engineer was done talking, and before Ira made his comment about reinforcements.

"I don't think help is a possibility right now, Ramirez-Shoi. And how long do you think the hostages will last if we don't go after them?"

At this point, Yaeko had gathered fallen branches and other types of foliage from the forest bottom, and gathered it into a rectangular shape, which she was now lying on as a makeshift bed. "Still waiting..." She called over to the other side of the river. "Please keep in mind that I didn't get much beauty sleep last night."

Atsui climbed into the LUT looked at her people, "Mount up, we're going to have to get chummy for a bit. Either get in or cross the stream on your own." She moved the LUT to the edge of the stream to emphasize her words.

She look across the street. "Hunter, we are coming over in a sec. I want to see what gear they have that we can use and move on."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back