• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

"Now you wouldn't want this to be easy now Shoi. We will be in position shortly." Atsui replied as she waited for Yaeko and Lynn to select their trees and get in position to snipe the hostiles.

Silic was somewhat weighed down by the extra weight of his weapons and extra armour but made alright time along the trail, helmet swinging by its strap from his hand. “Rabbit team? Couldn't you think of something cooler.”

"Easy would be asking too much at this point,Ma'am I just hope we get some shore leave an a bucket of medals for this op." Ira said jokingly to Atsui.

Ira was huffing and puffing in mid run when he spoke to Silic "I was going to call us Eel Force 9, but I felt it was a bit too soon."

"I can run nearly ten miles, and I always hated cardio. It hurts my feet and make me want a cigarette." Ira came to a suddenly halt as the located a heavily forested hill. "I think this is our stop." Ira said grimacing up at the hill.

His voice suddenly got lower. "Put on your cover soldier...."

Lynn picked hers with care, and once situated with her rifle braced against a branch and herself in the heights, she waited for her moment.

"I'm ready."

Silic flipped his helmet over his head and pulled it down with one hand, doing up the straps under his chin quickly. “Plan?”

After dropping off the snipers, Atsui brought the surviving LUT around to the opposite side of the camp from Rabbit Team. She climbed out of the vehicle and motioned for Ellisif to fall in behind her. By hand gestures she indicated to Konpeki to take up a position parallel to her.

The snipers from their vantage points had a good clear view of the smugglers encampment. They could see two MR90-Series Projectile Weapon Systems mounted on top of two structures, giving each a firing arc of about 120 degrees. They could see the structure where the SSS personnel were being held, there were two sentries at the door to it.

Otherwise the smuggler encampment seemed peaceful. Smoke wafted out of two structures, and they could see the nose of a craft sticking out of the cavern entrance.

Yaeko floated herself to one of the branches, high into the canopy, and making sure to do it from the opposite side of the trunk where she wouldn't be seen. Once situated on a branch, she tied herself to the trunk, as she did before, and lay in a prone position. "Hoshi, here's what I'm thinking. Load in and HE magazine to take out those railguns, aim for the barrel to disable it faster. After two or three shots, I'll switch to a normal magazine and begin taking people out, starting with the guards to the hostages, while you use your remaining HE rounds to take out whatever craft that is sticking out of the cave. Also, if we keep you on HE, then that will come in very handy if that power armor decides to stop by for a visit. Aim for the landing gear on that shuttle if you can, hopefully you can knock it over before it takes off. After that, switch to normal rounds and provide cover fire for the distraction team while I provide cover fire for the rescue team. Any objections?"

Ira moved up the hill, and got a clear view over the encampment.

"Plan is simple. We move in close, and shoot anything that moves. That away we can draw them out for the snipers to start picking them off, then we keep shooting in an effort to draw them away. When we fall back run, then drop down into the brush, crawl, then hop up, shoot at a target and drop down again, that away the smugglers will thing there are more of us then there really is."

Ira locked and loaded his weapon, and began carefully moving towards the enemy encampment. "Move carefully, they may have booby traps." Ira said as he advanced through the brush, taking care to watch his step.

"Rabbit team is almost in position, Chui." Ira said whispering into his communicator.

Silic followed a little behind Ira, taking care to match his footprints, shotgun ready. “Lets get medieval on this future-tech.”

Gabriel said:
"Hoshi, here's what I'm thinking. Load in and HE magazine to take out those railguns, aim for the barrel to disable it faster. After two or three shots, I'll switch to a normal magazine and begin taking people out, starting with the guards to the hostages, while you use your remaining HE rounds to take out whatever craft that is sticking out of the cave. Also, if we keep you on HE, then that will come in very handy if that power armor decides to stop by for a visit. Aim for the landing gear on that shuttle if you can, hopefully you can knock it over before it takes off. After that, switch to normal rounds and provide cover fire for the distraction team while I provide cover fire for the rescue team. Any objections?"

Lynn grimaced. "AP Rounds are better for attacking armored targets... HE stands for High Explosive; there's no penetration power in those types of rounds. I'll do what I can from here, since the rest of your plan makes sense."

She then took aim at the closest railgun. "I got the one closest to me. Wait for the distraction to begin to start firing."

Atsui checked the position of her team members. "Diamonds, all units in position. Rabbit team create your diversion. Watch each others backs, let's try not to have any more casualties. Good Luck."

She then waited weapon in hand, doing her best to remain as calm as the situation would allow. Listening for the sound of gunfire.

Yaeko loaded in her magazine. "You are correct Hoshi, my bad." Once Yaeko heard the order she trained her Longbolt on one of the turrets. "You take left, I'll take right." She paused for a couple seconds to give Rabbit Team time to respond before firing at the turret, aiming for the barrel to try and disable the weapon. After firing off three or four rounds she pulled our her current magazine and switched to normal rounds before shouldering her weapon and training in on the people guarding the hostages, firing a few shots on them as well.

From their vantage point above the Snipers could see a person come out of one structure and go running to another. A moment later she came out of the building and ran into the cavern entrance.

-----------------------------

As Ira was moving forward to his desired point he felt something tug on his boot as if he had gotten it caught on something...

Silic would see Ira come to a very abrupt halt. Ira appeared to be frozen in time as he tensed up, keeping his foot in the air, so as not to upset what ever he may have snagged.

It went through his head that he may have simply caught his boot on a branch or a vine, but it was better to be mistaken for being cautious then to being brash.

"Back up...Vas Hei..."

Ira would then very slowly turn his head to look down and see what he had snagged.

Looking down Ira would see a thin wire caught by the lacing on his boot. The wire was taught and seemed to stretch across the path to the encampment. He could not see what the wire was attached to at either end, perhaps just an alarm, or something a tad more rude....

Lynn was confused; why was the other Hei firing before the distraction had been set off?

"Chiharu damn you, Yaeko-Hei! You were supposed to wait!"

And then Lynn began firing, aiming for the one running toward the craft.

Regardless of if she hit or not, she moved on to her chosen turret and fired at its barrel.

"Sorry Hoshi! I though they would have been here by now!" Yaeko started to get worried as she looked around the encampment for any sign of the distraction team. Not seeing them, she figured it was too late, and she might as well do what she can. She started firing at random people, focusing one ones that were close to the hostage building, or ones that appeared to have larger weapons. "Tin Man! Where are you guys!?"

“What?” said Silic, looking up at the sky, not hearing Ira as bullets started flying overhead. It was only when he bumped the other man over that he came back to his body. “What, sir?” then Yeako's message came through, “What?” By this point Silic looked very confused.

What the hell? The snipers are firing but Rabbit team hasn't made their diversion. Situation is going to hell already. thought Atsui.

Taking aim she fired at the first guard where the prisoners should be. With the noise from the snipers taking out the heavy guns her single shot seemed to have gone unnoticed. She motioned to Konpeki to move in and for Ellisif to take Konpeki's position.

------------------------------------------

The sight of their heavy weapons being fired upon and effectively disabled, brought a new state of energy to the camp. "We're under attack, we're under attack." could be heard clearly from several people. Several people ran out one building and dove for cover behind various crates and equipment.

Ira had slowly removed his foot and stepped over the wire. The sounds of fun fire could be heard. It was at that point Silic sent Ira toppling over, and broke the wire. Ira covered him self up, but only found he still existed.

"Damn it all Ira hissed."

"Chui, what is the sit-rep?!" Ira said calling in over the coms.

Ira then decided since the old plan had gone to crap. Ira glared at Vas-Hei but could not say much more. "All right, Vas-Hei you are on point, old plan failed, I guess we are going to have to kill them all."

Ira then hopped to his feet, and started moving to flank the smuggler camp.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back