• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

“And grab me one of them 10mm's if they have them!” added Silic, hurriedly climbing onto the back of the LUT. Not willing to risk a foot to the streams' inhabitants. He stared hard at the water ahead “I'll come back for you...” he muttered threateningly.

Ira stood up, and pulled his pistol out. "Thanks." He said with a soft nod to Lynn.

The CO's idea was sound, and something Ira had planned on spouting out as a suggestion. She saved him the breath and decided it was prudent not to place all eggs in one basked. "Anybody crossing the stream on foot is with me, any body riding in the LUT is with the CO.

"Remember, we are pilots, not combat soldiers...so save the heroics and remember why we are here people."

"Aye Chui!" Yaeko called over to the other side. To her right, one of the prisoners moaned and started rolling around, at which point she promptly flicked her NSP to stun and fired at the prisoner, her eyes still closed. "I think they're waking up!"

Lynn then went to Kayo, and quickly set to work. She tried cleaning up the wound before moving on to sealing it with what tools she had. She wasn't a medic, but by the time she was done with Ramirez and Kayo, her arms were bloody enough for someone to mistake her for a field surgeon.

"I've done the best I can for Kayo." Lynn said, feeling slightly guilty for getting the XO first.

If she hadn't ignored Silic, she would have seen how serious it was before disregarding him entirely.

"Just try to keep her wounds closed. That's the best we can do until we get back to a proper medical facility. Anyway..." She almost shoved the medical kit she carried into Silic's chest. As it was, the handing over was far from gentle.

"With your leave, Ramirez-Shoi, I'll join you." Lynn said, gathering up her shotgun and anything she had left in the LUT before standing next to the man.

Atsui turned to the others, "Cross on foot, I'll be waiting on the other side." She growled as she hit the accelerator. She drove the LUT into the stream water splashing as the vehicle plowed through the swift water.

The LUT bounced and twisted as it made its way across the rocky stream bed, but it emerged on the other side, and pass beyond the vegetation. She stopped and got out to examine the items Yaeko was able to gather.

Silic looked down at the medkit against his chest, both hands clutching it. “I fix machines, not peop-” he was cut off as Atsui hit the accelerator. Silic fell hard on the back of the vehicle with a grunt as it rocked through the stream.

When the vehicle stopped and Atsui climbed out, Silic crawled his way out the back of the jeep and fell to the ground behind it, clutching a few parts of his chest and shoulders in pain. Finally he hobbled himself to a stand and followed his commander.

He looked down at the little pile of items, nudging one of the rifles with his foot “You sure this is all they had?” he sounded disappointed. His head moved forward in interest and he leaned down to pick up one of the armour sets “Aren't these meant to be worn underneath clothes?” he asked.

"Irrelevantly Tin Man," Yaeko responded, "These people were well armed, and definitely seemed to know what they were doing. I feel that we should proceed with greater caution." After sifting through the small amount of scavenged gear, Yaeko swore under her breath. "Damn it! They used up all of the grenades!"

Silic clutched the armour between two fingers and nervously dropped it away from himself and wiping his hands on the front of his uniform. “Have to wash that.” he murmured to himself. “I've only got one left myself.” he replied.

Ira and the members of the squad who remained on foot followed the LUT across the river, and made it through the water with little trouble. Ira now Dirty, bloodied, bandaged and soaking wet, quickly set about his job and began looking for armor to wear. He snagged him one of the IPG operators, and holstered his pistol.

Ira then spoke to Atsui, as he checked out the IPG Operator. "I recommend we send a re-con team. Just to get an idea of what the enemy fortifications are like.

Atsui looked at Ira, "A good idea, but an unnecessary one. Eika-Heisho has moved on ahead on her Akira for just that purpose. By the time everyone has grabbed up whatever equipment she will be on site. Time is now critical, we have no way of knowing when they will try contacting this group. Once they do the element of surprise will be compromised. I want us moving in less than five minutes Shoi. Make it happen."

-----------------

Konpeki was approaching the coordinates for the enemy base. What she saw did not make her smile. She took a number of images of the defensive wall, the structures within. Identifying and cataloging each, she was determined to ensure that the 21st had as much data as possible.

“Great.” muttered Silic, picking the armour back up and hefting one of the assault rifles. “I thought the army was meant to be ninety-percent boredom, ten-percent bowel clenching terror.” he said as he walked to the other side of the LUT “I get here and it's all dead-lines, beatings, and generally differing degrees of terror all-round.” as he started striping off his uniform to fit his new armour.

Ira locked and loaded his weapon. He then stood up and grabbed a suit of the armor, and begin rigging it in a way that would fit is body.

"Chances are they are not letting the hostages go with out a fight. I recommend we break up into two teams. One team engages the enemy, diverting them away, the second team can go in and attempt to get the hostages out."

"If you approve I volunteer to lead the diversion team Ma'am." Ira said to Atsui.

Atsui considered Ira's suggestion, combined with the intel from Konpeki it might prove the best case.

"Okay Diamonds, here is the drill. Hunter and Hoshi have sniper detail, to provide fire support. Ramirez and Tin Man will be the diversion. Eika-Heisho says the prisoners are in the east side of the encampment. There is a protective stone wall, with three entrances. Eika, Sekimizu and myself once the diversion starts, will move in from the west, to take down the guards and liberate the prisoners." Atsui said, "The came is 5 clicks north of here, so we need to hustle."

Yaeko checked to make sure her magazine was full before responding with a quick, "Aye Chui! I'm as ready as I'll ever be!" She walked over to the vehicle and prepared to climb in.

Silic looked up from putting back on his jacket over his new armour. "Boss, you gotta stop getting me into these situations." he said as his head popped up over the jeep. He looked over at Yaeko approaching and his eyes narrowed. "No peeking, lady."

"Ramirez, Vas, proceed on foot, I'll take our snipers ahead so they can get into position, and the extraction team to our position, by the time you two arrive. Signal when you are in position."

With the other members of the squadron in the back of the LUT Atsui headed off up the trail. The trail from this point forward was smoother as it had the appearance of being used more frequently.

Once they got as close as she dared drive the vehicle, she motioned for Lynn and Yaeko to head out and find their vantage points. Konpeki joined up with the group and provided each of them with an image of the encampment.

As the truck drove away Silic was just strapping on his old kit, settling his weapons into their places. He walked over to join Ramierez, helmet in hand, scared eyes exhausted but strong. “Well, shall we be getting on, sir?” he said, head motioning up the trail.

Yaeko hopped into the truck and clicked her safety on. She grabbed the rope that was coiled around her shoulder and tied it around her waist. Now it won't take me as long to get ready. She then clicked the safety back off, shouldered her Longbolt, and leaned out the window, keeping it trained down the road. "If someone could so kindly hold on to the rope, so that way I don't fall out while I'm shooting bad guys ahead of us. Thanks!"

Ira was right behind Silic. "Alright, lets get this over with, and no punching me!" Ira snarled.

Ira would move with Silic as quickly as he could. His new armor fitted loosly, but would probably save his life in this battle. After a period of carefully running and watching Ira opened a channel to Atsui. "This is Rabbit team, we are almost in position. Remind me next time we do a ground op to bring my Tenshi."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back