• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 3] New Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 3]

"Try some...dark blue jeans with that, maybe with a nice design on the pocket?" Misaki smiled, pointing to a nearby display of jeans. "Maybe I'll get one of these." She said, handing Kim the top to reach for another, with more of a halter design for the style. Her eyes were caught by another which she took, blending a few different colours in something that seemed more like a pattern but were random.

The officer looked towards the dressing room, "It's supposed to be good to have a few things, less trips that way and if you don't like something at least you'll probably come out with one outfit or the beginning to it. Do you see any other colours that catch your eye?"

Looking around the shop at Misaki's question, Kim just shook her head simply, more from confusion than a negative answer as she took one of the jeans the officer had mentioned and headed towards the dressing room. "I'll be back in a flash."

With that, Kim entered the small and closed room and rapidly changed out of her uniform and into the outfit Misaki had chosen for her, and after struggling with the straps on the back of the top, she finally got it right and stepped back out into the shop to show it off for her lover.

On a scale from one to ten, how stupid do I look?

Valen smiled at her, trying to ease her pain with kind words, "I don't know.. but eventually, family members have to go their own way... that includes with crewmates." He lightly nodded, but when she had said the last part, the Yamataian flushed a bit more, replying, "Ah, oh! My apologies! My name is Valen, and you can just call me that, okay?" His smile grew as he said this.

"It doesn't surprise me. Not anymore.. bad things are always happening, and there is no point in expecting otherwise." Nana's words had a sort of curt, matter-of-fact tone to them, and her shoulders would bob in a brief shrug before she finally lifted her gaze.

And then, a sigh, as she dropped her arms to either side and drummed her gloved fingertips against her thighs, "It does not look like I will be catching up with the rest of them any time soon, so.. maybe I should see about joining this crew. .. if that happens, I would like to be able to consider you a.. a friend."

She was hesitant to say it -- her friends always had strange ways of disappearing off into the void in one way or another.

Valen let his own arm drop to his side. She still was a bit sad, but the tech sentry hoped that talking to Nana like this would help. At least she isn't bottling it up inside anymore. After a slight moment of silence, he replied with a smile, "'There is always a silver-lining to the dark clouds.' That's what my mother always says. Just give it time, leave the past in the past, and just keep going. It might be a rough road, but it'll be worth it in the long run. Trust me."

In response to her offer, the Yamataian merely chuckled, "I'm honored that you would want me to be your friend. We'd see a lot of each other if you joined the crew, and I'd like to be there for you if you ever need anything. Is that okay?" He looked down into her eyes, as he is actually several heads taller then her, to search for her reaction.

"I have not yet found a reason to believe that. But, thank you." As many walls as Nana would find herself erecting, she would realize them to be made of glass. She was far too soft, a quality that she often wished to kick herself for. At least, however, she was feeling a bit better about the situation.

Idle motions were to be had, then; the shuffling of feet, hands sliding into her pockets as she glanced from side to side, "I.. will speak to Hanako about it when she and the others get back from their outing. Until then..mm." Nana shrugged, backing up to the wall and placing her foot against it as her leg bent at the knee.

Valen nodded as a sort of silent 'You're welcome' before turning away slightly, a little embarrassed at the idle silence that now lay between them. He attempted to finish her sentence with a hopeful smile, "Until then, would you like to keep each other company? Even if you do not join the Eucharis' crew, it'd still be nice.. to have at least one friend here in Yamatai."

In fact, the only other friend that the Yamataian has in this strange foreign country could in fact be millions, perhaps billions, of lightyears away. Reiko.. His thoughts momentarily drifted to the former classmate. They hadn't really anything more then just being friends whom tutored each other, but the Yamataian had a small crush on her. Of course, he was too embarrassed to tell her so... Mentally shaking the past away, Valen again placed his full attention on Nana.

Glancing over to Kim when she emerged, Misaki smiled and walked closer to get a better look. In the short time she had changed the officer had added another outfit to her own list, which she had resting over her arms. "I really like that, works well because you're tall. Don't forget to get some shoes with it, though."

The inspection wasn't quite over, though. Fumbling with a few of the items of clothing so she'd get an arm free, Misaki tugged at the fabric of the jeans here or there to make sure everything fit, then touched Kim's shoulder until she was looking in a mirror, with the blue-haired soldier peeking around her side, "There, see?"

Smiling slightly at her own reflection in the mirror, Kim nodded briefly as she turned her head to smile more at Misaki. The outfit was something the officer had chosen for her, after all, rather than any skills of Kim's.

"I guess it looks good, Misaki-chan." Kim said softly as she glanced down at her boots, as the only footwear she ever used were indeed, boots. And never the high-healed and flimsy kind of boots most girls wore, but rugged and tough boots one used when hiking through ragged terrain.

"I would like a violin Hanako-sama." Midori said in her still weak voice. It seemed that she was a little shaken after her time in the changing room, still not fully ready for everything.

"If there is a music store here that is...If not I can wait." Midori quickly added in.

"Okay!" Hanako grinned. "Hold you hold my bags for a moment?" the Taisa asked, heading to a nearby restroom. "I will be right back." With a friendly smile, Hanako disappeared into the restroom.

"We'll get you some flats, or something come on." Misaki smiled back affectionately. She didn't move until after she slipped an arm around Kim to give her a half-hug, then tug her to the shop's small selection of shoes. "You look great, we just need to fix the next biggest problem, and that's shoes." The officer set down all the clothes she was going to try on, and began looking at the different styles she could get Kim.

The best thing for the redhead would be anything that could be worn with a few different outfits, so her lover wouldn't have to spend a lot of her time matching.

"Do you see anything?"

One of Nana's ears gave a faint twitch before she dipped her head in a quick nod. Her responses seemed, from that point on, a bit delayed, as though something was distracting her. "I would be glad to keep you company for as long as you like."

And, finally, with the tiniest tug of the edge of her lip, Nana smiled. It wasn't a full smile, and it never reached her eyes, but there was a bit of hope in her gaze. Clearing her throat, she pushed off of the wall with a bit of a stumble, quickly straightening up and smoothing down her skirt, "So, what kind of work do you do, Valen?"

"Not really... and don't get me anything with high heels... I tried some on a dare back during training, broke my bloody ankle..." The soldier grumbled as she glared in the direction of the high-heeled shoes as she remained close to Misaki as her eyes glanced more towards the sports shoes and mountain boots rather than anything else.

"As I said, I have the fashion sense of a Freespacer." The woman said with a shrug while she idly walked around the shoes section, lazily looking at the odd shoes, some which looked like they were designed for Mishhu tentacles rather than Neko or Yamataian feet.

Valen thought that he noticed a slight delay in her responses, but he figured that it was either just his imagination or just the way Nana was sometimes. When it looked like she was going to stumble and fall over, the Yamataian instinctively reached out to steady her, but he halted his hand about an inch from her shoulder as she seemed to have regained her balance.

"Eh.. you don't have to stick around just because of me.." he mumbled at first, still a little worried about her, "Well, I'm a technical sentry, so I work on the OS and other computer stuff. What about yourself?" Valen stood beside her, waiting to see if she wanted to walk or just stand here still.

Midori stood where she had been left, looking all to much like a left behind kitten. Her ears wilted down and her gaze never settling on just one thing, she was scared she would be taken by something, by someone, at any moment.

"Maybe I could train you to fight in heels..." Misaki threatened Kim playfully, picking out a few boxes for the redhead to try. There were a pair of sneakers with warmer lining, two pairs of flats, and regular urban sneakers. They all would have gone with a few different outfits, since she stuck to mostly darker accents apart from white.

"I'm going to go try these on..." The officer pecked her lover on the lips, and grabbed a skirt off a rack on the way she liked, and disappeared into the dressing room. We could hold mandatory heel combat courses back on the Eucharis... The amusement lingered in that thought as it filtered back over to Kim, the Shosa couldn't help musing about it.

Please, no... The thought was filled with horror and depressive emotions as the soldier physically winced at the thought Misaki had sent as she eyed the sneakers and flats curiously as she picked one up to examine, and eventually, the soldier agreed that they did look nice.

"It's decided... I'm never going clothes shopping without Misaki-chan again, ever..." Kim mumbled under her breath as she looked at herself in one of the low mirrors designed to let customers view themselves wearing their new shoes.

I was just joking, Kim-chan. Misaki thought back softly, not have expected to get quite the reaction she did from her. Looking over her shoulder at her mostly exposed back, the officer couldn't quite decide if she liked it or not. It showed a hint of her cleavage in the front, but at the same time from behind it felt like she had nothing on until the jeans, which fit better than she thought they would.

"How about this?" She asked, to bring the conversation away from the tease that cut a little deeply. She wiggled her toes a bit, and in the rush to find her companion something had completely forgotten about her own boots.

"Hmm? Ahh, they look nice, Misaki-chan." Kim replied honestly, smiling over at her lover as she showed off her new footwear as she relaxed somewhat at Misaki's soothing mental message as she hugged her lover gently.

"What's next?" Kim asked simply while she gently held her lover close and smiled lovingly down into the shorter woman's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back