• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

The fleeing Neko fell to the floor when a shot from Yoriko went through her heart.

Kyoka's tactics made short work of the NMX infantry. At least for the moment there was no help going down to the lower sections. Of course they had no idea how many soldiers were to be dispatched. The klaxons and automated voice ceased its message.

Josea looked at the two soldier. "I'm not a soldier, but staying in this chamber does not seem like a tactically sound idea. Too many directions from which the enemy could approach. My suggestion is we get back into the tunnel we emerged from, that will give cover and you two I guess can cover any of the entrances." he offered.

"It sounds good. We'll pull back," Arkase said, already doing so.

He readied himself for another attack.

"Tanaka-hei, nice shooting. Do a quick diagnostics check and then let's press on before more arrive. On the double!" Kyoka barked, taking a moment to see her armor's condition. Check over. Once Yoshiro was ready, the neko began levitating down the hall, moving at a steady and careful pace with her weapon raised.

"Thanks for the compliment Tsubei-hei." He said as he ran a quick diagnostic on his armor systems. Nothing was wrong with his armor so far so he followed Tsubei out. "Do we have an rendezvous point for evacuating the prisoners?" Yoshiro asked as he followed Tsubei.

With a nod to the others in their group, Emiko proceeded with them back down the tunnel through which the soldiers had originally come. She also instructed one of her drones to remain behind out of sight in the chamber so that her group might get forewarned of any hostiles coming through the elevators.

Once they were out of sight of the elevators, Emiko stopped. "This is probably as good a spot as any here to set up a defensive position. There isn't exactly an abundance of cover in this tunnel."

The passage that Kyoka looked down ran about 30 meters straight. It ended in a pair of pressure doors with windows. Beyond the doors it was possible to see several structures through the windows. They looked like they might be residential in nature. There was a good number of armed personnel moving around out on the grass round the buildings.

---------------------------

Shortly after Arkase and the others withdrew into the passage. From the direction that Josea had found the survival suit for their guest. Voices could be heard approaching. The teams drones showed four parka clad Nekos were entering with SMG's in hand.

Alerted to the approach of the enemy by the drone she had left behind and the sound of their conversing voices echoing down the tunnel, Emiko addressed the two other soldiers with her lying in wait.

"Ah, sirs... the drone I left back near the elevator is showing me four enemy nekos approaching our position -- no armor, but it looks like they are equipped with sub-machineguns. Best get ready..."

The neko then addressed their alien companion and gestured in the opposite direction of the enemies approach "Get behind us and out of the line-of-fire."

"I will take care of Tesgee" Josea called out as he moved further in the passage with the felinoid, and positioned himself as a body shield for the alien.

The NMX infantry came down the corridor at a brisk pace. Three of them walked up to the elevator. The fourth took a moment to look around the area, and approached the shaft the team was in.

Arkase was waiting patiently for them to come into view, and when they did... He unleashed a storm of Aether fire, easily spreading it throughout the corridor in an attempt to suppress the NMX infantry.

"We'll try to hold here for now, got it? Just keep them suppressed and don't let them do anything funky," Arkase called over the weapon.

The Tunnel

Emiko added her own gunfire to that of Arkase once the armed enemy neko became visible -- though rather than utilize the primary firing mode of her own aether saber-rifle she chose to utilize the anti-personnel phased pulse mode against the unarmored combatants. The primary aether-based mode the technician felt was too overpowered for use in their present situation -- as it was intended as an anti-armor and anti-starship weapon. Repeated stray shots would likely weaken the structural integrity of the tunnel and even if they weren't buried alive, the escape route for the rest of the away team would be blocked.

"Arkase-Juni, might I suggest you switch to your weapons secondary firing mode -- at least until a Ripper shows up -- if you keep firing aether against the wall you might cause a cave-in." The neko communicated to the officer using her armors wireless comms.

From Kyoka's vantage point. Looking through the isolation doors she could see NMX troops marching across the area, and entering into two Pillagers. She could see a number of large containers also being loaded into the cargo hold with the soldiers.

-------------------

The group of NMX Infantry were cut down relatively easily, since they were obviously not expecting SAOY Armor clad soldiers. The Aether bolts of Arkase's weapon and Emiko's made short work of them, slicing through their bodies like a hot knife in butter, and burying themselves in the opposite wall.

The drone showed a second group that was following a short distance behind the now dead group. Upon hearing the gunfire and the screams of their comrades. They scrambled to take defensive positions just out of sight of the away team.

"That is Heisho to you, Tanaka-Hei," Kyoka chided as the duo approached the end of the tunnel. She stopped about a reasonable distance away from the windows, though, pushing into the shadows swiftly as she noticed the sentries. "As for the prisoners, I'm not sure. I suggest back the way we we entered, since it seemed to be innocuous enough. And it looks like we've got our hands full over here. I'm going to try to contact the others and see if we can get any backup. In the meantime, try to spot another way around where we won't get shot at."

Code:
Oshiro-Juni, can you copy? What's your situation down under?
Tsubei-Heishio.

"Sorry Tsubei-Heisho." He said with respect as he released some drones to find a way out. "Oh this is going to be fun. NMX Nekos everywhere armed and looking to hurt us...Geez what a party this has turned out to be." He checked his drone's scans for a bit as he went back the way he came, reloading his SLAG and raising it to cover the hall and using AIES to track any targets that might appear.

The Tunnel

As the last of the attacking neko fell to the ground, Emiko checked the surveillance footage of her drones to confirm that no more enemies were inbound. The drones showed her that there were indeed more enemies ahead -- but it didn't seem likely that they would attack yet.

The neko turned to her companion and began speaking in her soft voice, "Arkase-Juni -- there's another group ahead nearer to the elevators, but from my drones footage it seems that they're attempting to fortifty their present location rather than attempt to take us on here in the tunnel... at least for the moment."

Code:
Tsubei-Heisho, this is Yamamoto-Heisho. We have rescued about a dozen prisoners. They are heading to the shuttle now with Freyja-Hei. One of the prisoners told us where more prisoners are being held. My team is going to rescue them. We are also going to attempt to capture a scientist to get some Intel on this place. Hope you’re having a good time. Affectionately yours, Trowa.

"Then we should stay here, and wait for the rest of the team to signal they're coming back up," Arkase said to Emiko. "We have to make sure they have an escape option; running into fire isn't going to accomplish that. If your drones are NSD, harass them with fire."

Arkase hoped they would extract soon. Sitting around waiting for the enemy to come and punish him and a junior enlisted simply didn't sound like a good idea -- but it was what they had at the moment.

"Good Idea -- our Mindy's come with a half-dozen NSD's as standard, but I also got the NSB launchers for my leg hardpoints giving me a few extra smaller drones to work with. A dozen NSD's and NSB's working concert should give them something to worry about.. unless you guys want to add in yours as well and really give them some trouble."

Emiko dispatched her drones beyond the range of her CFS where they had so far been floating, maintaining their energy charge -- the NSD drone she had left behind was beginning to run low on energy and would probably run out entirely during her drone attack. The eleven small drones -- varying in size between finger-length and about the size of a human hand -- turned the corner and the enemy came into view. Under the neko technician's direction they immediately began to spread out and lay down fire towards the enemies location. They had a small capacity for energy due to their size and wouldn't be able to maintain their rate of fire for very long -- though that small size also made them very difficult to hit.

The situation on the upper level was about to get hairy. The drone monitoring the door way to the living area showed an image of three Ripper's approaching the door way.

Kyoka punched a quick reply to Yamamoto-Heisho before noticing the Rippers nearing their location. She sent another message after readying her rifle in beam function once more, preparing to teleport if necessary.

Code:
Oshiro-Juni, what is going on down there? Please respond!
Tsubei-Heishio.

"Tanaka-hei, get ready to fire everything you've got at those PA, then pull back further into the passage so you don't get hit by the retaliation. I'm going to try something. . ."

Her trigger finger readied.

"On my mark. . . FIRE!"

"Roger that!" He said and used his AIES to target the Rippers. He fired a long burst at the Rippers with the LASR and fired three shots, one shot at each Ripper with the Shoulder-Mounted Aetheric Pulse Cannon Shoulder and then ducked out as he was ordered to. "How did you methane-breathing jelly-brained idiots like that!" He shouted, the adrenaline starting to flow.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…