• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

"Maybe. But right now, shouldn't we talking about or getting ready for the mission. I really do like her but not in the way you are assuming." Yoshiro said. "Besides even if Saki were to know that I liked her would she even like a screw up like me? I mean what would she see in a guy like me?" He said and took off his helmet for a moment and sighed.

He was backed into a corner about this and he decided to let his feelings be known. "I am not good enough for any girl. Besides, Saki could do better than me anyways." He said after putting his helmet back on. "Let's get ready for the mission."He said and stood up to to check his armor systems.

Saki looked again what she was allowed to take on this mission. It actually was not that far from what she stated before. Gauss cannon for shoulder was allowed and so was barrier module. Not to mention that ammo backpack was not prohibited to use too. Saki smiled as she got in armour and started putting information.

"Hmm let's see," she was talking for herslef. "Two gauss cannon, barrier-module, gauss ammo backpack on top of that. Then LASR with SLAG, 200 mag at start, another 4 hundred rounds mags as spare. Four mags for slag. One SLEX, one shrapnel, one Flare and HIE. And then the stuff Heisho wanted. So... leg capacitator-check, forearm shield-check."

Saki then paused for a while. There was still space on her armour on her other leg. She could take another capacitator or NSB launcher she wanted before because that made very good anti-missile defense.

"Eh Heisho, do we have to take two leg capacitators? I would like to take NSB launcher on my other leg. It makes for a great anti-missile defense and we have eight in ships inventory. It would be shame not to use them." She telepathicaly said to Kyoka.

"I'm ready, aren't you ready? And now's the perfect time to talk! We finished a dangerous mission and in the short rest time, you made absolutely no move towards your lady-friend! You are in need of some tactical advice if the rest of your battle plans are this passive!" Makoto replied to Yoshiro.

"But if you don't want to talk about it now, that's fine. As Taka-bou always says, running away just delays the problem. You know where to find us."

He let go of Yoshiro and started to walk back towards the weapons rack.

Sigma said:
He made a quick bow to acknowledge Trowa and Kyoka. "Heisho, just checking, save all the explosives for NMX structures or pack some for anti-armor purposes?"

"Ne. . . Better safe than sorry. Get just a little for anti-armor, but don't overpack. You don't want bulk to get in your way." Kyoka ordered. Moments later, Saki's request came in and she sighed. "Saki, Leg capacitors require both leg slots in order to function properly."

At this point, she just sent her selection of armor in. One teleport module, a shoulder Energy Cloak projector, leg capacitor, and forearm shield. For her primary weapon, she grabbed the old standby, the Aether Beam-Sabre Rifle. Nothing quite compared to filling an opponent with streams of aether, after all.

I guess that I could use the help. But for now I need to concentrate on the mission. He thought to himself. But how do I know if she really likes me like that anyways. Yoshiro stole a glance at Saki and then quickly looked away. "Passive? I am not passive, just not sure of the course of action to take." He said as Makoto let him go.

Katae brought the Aeon down to the surface with a feather touch. She modulated the ship's shields to keep them hidden from whatever forces were on the planet.

"Head up Away teams. Atmosphere is a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, methane, carbon dioxide and argon. Surface temp is a balmy -173c once night falls it will drop to -240c at the moment. Surface is covered in methane ice though there is rock beneath it. Ice varies in dept from several meters to centimeters. Any surface water is obviously frozen. Recommend using caution with incendiaries, as pockets of the ice could be extremely flammable.

Oshiro-Juni has been returned to duty. He and Yamamoto-Heisho will provide security for the Science team."

Thanks to Imperial technology, none of the scars had been permanent. Unfortunately, hemosynthetic treatment took a good deal of time. Arkase had returned to the Aeon only yesterday -- quietly, slipping into his quarters. He wasn't on duty when everyone was called in for a briefing, and only the sound of the ship-wide announcement had woken him. He dressed as quickly as he could, and appealed privately via telepathy with Ise Katae to be part of the mission.

He slipped into the Armory just as the atmospheric report came in. "Sounds like a good day to take a walk," He said on his way to the armor rack.

"Kyoka-Heisho," Arkase began, forming a list in his mind. "Since you're heading up the Infantry team, I'd like to run my equipment choice by you first before running with it."

Mindy said:
Ke-M2-P2904 Barrier Shield Module,
Ke-M2-W2905 Right Shoulder-Fired 50mm Gauss Cannon,
Ke-M2-W2906 Shoulder-Fired Missile Pod,
Ke-M2-P3002 Leg Energy Cloak Shield Projector
Ke-M2-W2901 Aether Beam Saber-Rifle

After a moment to compose two more text-messages, he sent them off as well.

To Yoshiro Tanaka said:
I apologize for taking so long to send this. You did well against the Ripper, and I'm glad you were there to cover the flank of our unit, and help get them out of there.

Oshiro Arkase Santô Juni

Deciding to go with the standard planetary load out for her M10 Modular Combat Armor System, Athena was busy deciding what could be tweaked. First being that the ranger helmet to make the use of her medical scanner much easier.

She also grabbed an empty butt pack and proceeded to the Medical Lab to fill it with the components of the Type 32 Trauma kit in the rear compartment and two Type 32C Medical Kits in the main compartment. The biggest thought on her mind was how the freezing temperatures will effect the contents.

Araan noted the report he received from Katae, his eyes following the movement of the others around the bay. Pockets of Methane Gas and Ice, basically this planet was a high-explosive dreamland. He chuckled somewhat at the idea, though his mind processed the information in another way. This meant their fire would largely have to be focused upwards, at the very least at hip-level, to prevent from blowing themselves to the hells with their enemies. Nodding as he came to his conclusion he took two steps back from the main grouping, checking over his Aether Beam Sabre-Rifle, wondering just how much damage this would be able to inflict if used in the wrong way.

"So, Oshiro and Yamamoto-san go with the science team, we act as direct fire." He said as he continued thinking over the plan. The more drawn out this plan became the more he saw different outcomes, but no matter what he saw this as risky.

"We get seen, the terrain is just as much our enemy as it is theirs."

Saki finally prepared her Mindy and climbed in. She scolded herself for being so dumb, forgetting that Leg capacitator needed to be on both legs to work properly.

"Sorry ma'am I forgot about it," she said via telepathy to Kyoka so now one else heard that she forgot something. It did bother her that she made mistake but not as much as the fact that Arkase appeared again. SHe really disliked that person especially after the time he wanted to murder prisoners of war. But what happened was in her report and Captain read it. It was her decision how to deal with Arkase. To think that Saki even risked her life to save his sorry ass. Saki was just glad that she was under Kyoka on this mission.

"I wonder..." she then said to others from combat team. "I am not sure but couldn't methane and nitrogene explode if heated? Especially if Ice is made of methane and you shoot it with energy gun? Like Aether Beam Saber Rifle?" She asked all the others in the end. Maybe the Elysian medic will know the answer. Saki was just dumb grunt, but chance that ground might explode under her feet bothered her.

Elliot walked into the armor bay with an MG-32 balanced over his shoulder and a large ammunition canister wrapped in his other arm. It had taken him the briefing and then some to break down his arsenal and stow it, nearly an hour of dealing with what he could only assume was a 'bored' AI.

He eyed the room and let a simple "Hi guys!"

"That's why you need to watch your fire, Saki-hei. As it is, the possibility exists that even walking over a pocket could be disastrous. The pressure in those things is incredible," Arkase answered. "Just keep your shields up, watch your fire, and you should be fine."

He began readying his Daisy, but still waited to mount equipment until Kyoka-Heisho approved of his list.

Apond hearing the Taisa’s new orders Trowa closed his eye. Sacred Feth. He was just starting to like the idea of being second in command of the squad. This would have given him some good experience with leadership and command. His dream, after all, is to one day command his own ship and this would have been good first step towards that dream. But it seemed that the fates were against him. The sudden re-appearance of Arkase and his being moved to the science team instead of the Away team shot that down. Arkase was a good enough soldier, but Trowa felt that he left something to be desired in the leadership department. Oh well, orders were orders and Trowa would just have to make the best of it.

He saw Elliot enter the armory and smiled. He had heard about the Nepleslian’s shopping spree and the conversation/threats in the armory from Eternity. “Heard you had a little run in with the ship.” Said the Nepleslian pilot with a broad, taunting smile. “Do me a favor, don’t piss off my ship. She’s just starting to come around to me and if you piss her off she may decide that all Nepleslian’s need to go.” He laughed merrily and held out his hand. “Yamamoto-Heisho, but you can just call me Trowa. When this is over we’ll have us a few belts of some lovely 12 year Nepleslian whiskey I’ve got and have a civilized discussion of the finer things in life. Like weapons and explosions.”

Takamori sent a message to Eternity. The return of the Juni was an unwelcome surprise.

"Eternity, why is the Juni returned? Shouldn't he be under investigation regarding his mistreatment of Star Army prisoners? Please clarify this situation."

This was not acceptable to Takamori. According to regulations, the Juni had committed a crime. So why was he here?

-----------------

Makoto looked at the Nepleslian, who looked familiar. He shrugged. He hadn't spoken at all to the man when they'd been together in the Hokorimasu.

Saki looked at the person that came in. She noticed he held non-standart weapon. Here eyebrows joined under the mas of her helmet. She walked up to the man what was supposedly Nepleslian according to Yamamato-san.

"Ehm, excuse me. But that weapon is quite non-standart. Will that even damage armored targets? If we meet NMX we are likely to meet Rippers or maybe capturred Mindy or Daisy armours." Saki said to him. She would hate to get killed just because team lacked extra firepower it could have had.

Katae secured the bridge and left it in the capable hands of Keiko Gi. "I will be back momentarily, I want to go down and talk to the away teams in person." she said before leaving the bridge.

Armor bay
"Taisa on the Deck." Eternity called out as Katae entered the power armor bay.

"I have a few things I wish to say before you set out.

First, Oshiro Arkase-Santô Juni is here because until the investigation of the events on Siren II he is still a soldier on my ship. For this mission I need every able body person.

I am however making a small change to the away teams. Haden-Hei you are with the Science team. Get your load out and carried weapons approved by Tsubei-Heisho as she is in charge of the main team. Put that MG-32 back in the armory. At the outside temperature the lubricants will freeze and the weapon will malfunction.

Eternity has analyzed some of the electronic chatter we picked up during our descent. The signal configuration and encryption is definitely NMX. However, the majority of it is not standard military in nature. It is her opinion that this is some sort of industrial facility.

That said the mission parameters remain the same. The Infantry squad is still to do recon and look for a likely entry point for the Science team. Once the Science team moves in, the Infantry team needs to identify any NMX forces.

Once you get past the terminator your primary mode of communications should be by laser to prevent detection. Do not use telepathy because the NMX will detect that easily. Radio chatter should only be for emergency use.

Once we find out what this installation is doing. I plan to make sure the NMX can not use it after we leave.

Yamamoto-Heisho you are back with the other team.

Lastly, watch each other's back. Work as a team, and listen to those in charge. I want everyone to come back safe and sound.

You hit the powder in five minutes."

Arkase tensed when Ise Katae mentioned an investigation. He hadn't commited a crime he was aware of, but someone must have certainly said something. He didn't need to be liked, but being accused of breaking a law was a different matter and something to keep on top of.

Seeing the Taisa finish, he bowed again and continued with what he was doing.

"Thank you for those words, Ise-Taisa... I wasn't aware of any investigation, are there charges I should be made aware of?" He sent telepathically to the captain.

Still waiting on Kyoka, Arkase approached his new charge."Haden-hei? I've worked with Nepleslians before. You look like you'll prove as efficient and resourceful as Silic-san was on the Nadare."

Athena returned to the bay with her stuffed butt pack over her left shoulder. With her suit's loadout in hand, she walked up to her team leader and slightly bowed while gently dropping the butt pack to the floor. "Will this suffice?" She said, sounding slightly inpatient as she was behind schedule.

She would have just assumed she was correct, but considering this is her first real mission for the Star Army, assuming kills.

Armor Bay

Katae walked over to Arkase. Upon the away team's return from Siren 2, allegations were made of potential war crime nature. The matter is currently being investigated by a convening authority higher up in the fleet. Something to do with orders concerning the NMX prisoners. You will know more when we hear from the convening authority she replied telepathically.

Trowa snapped to attention and bowed as Eternity announced that the Taisa had entered the armory. After hearing about another set of changes, the Nepleslian pilot leaned back against the wall and knocked his head against the wall a few times. Would someone please make up their bloody mind for Feth’s sake, thought Trowa. Out loud he said, “Aye, aye Ma’am.” This was a really great way to start a mission. He only hoped that once they were on the ground things would run smoother. He grabbed the remainder of his equipment and stood ready, pausing a moment to remove his eye patch from over his cybernetic eye before dawning on his helmet. Once his helmet was in place, he connected his computer interface with the Daisy suit and performed a self-check. After a moment his check came back all green. He was ready to go.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…