• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 5.0] Special Delivery

Yaeko's head tilted slightly as she heard the name come through her headset. Thurston. I've heard that name. Doing a quick background check, her suspicions were confirmed when she saw that he was a Diamond before being transferred to the 22nd.

"Thurston, you're going to be on my wing since my old wing was shot down." Shaking her head at the high decision to allow him to join mid-battle, she decided it was too late to send him back. She then reviewed the shield information on the cruiser. Let's make this an easy one.

"Diamonds listen up! Everyone finish one more pass with cannons. After that final pass torpedo detail will each fire a single torpedo while the rest of the squadron makes sure to clear away from the cruiser when it goes down. At which point, everyone will form back up and we will pick our next target. Let's make it happen!"

Elisto gave a nod of the head and fired off another spread of aether fire as he flew toward the cruiser, then snapped around it, cut his forward thruat and spun around one hundred and eighty and continued to let off a stream until he was out of optimal firing range. Then he snapped his fighter back around, hit full throttle and kept an eye on the cruisers shield status.

The Cruiser's shields were flaring a visible sign that they were soon to collapse.

The threatcon systems of the squadron suddenly flashed RED as multiple Anti-Armor/Fighter Turrets started getting a target lock, and fired at the fighters. Obviously they had worked around the latest interference the Teisatsui's had created.

"Diamonds, evasive manuevers! Tessies, do something!" Yaeko yelled into her comm as she banked to the side. "Missile detail, FIRE!"

Elisto banked his fighter, then spun it, his hands moved across his console as it sent a new interference wave outward from his fighter to start jamming the enemy. Glancing back toward his wingmen, he then looked forward and let off more fire toward the ship.

Kenshin activated his fighters dorsal maneuvering thrusters, causing his kawarime to slide slightly downwards just beneath the incoming enemy weapons fire -- and give him the few seconds he needed to counter-attack before the cruisers turrets could release another volley in his direction.

"Zero-Zero-Niner-Six, Fox-One. Torpedo away." The pilot announced over the squadron's communications channel. The warhead detached from beneath his kawarime's wing, racing towards the cruisers aft section and its sub-light drives. The Yamataian banked left and turned his tail to the cruiser, trying to avoid the incoming flak. Setting his aether drives to full burn, Kenshin then redistributed CFS power to his ships aft quarter -- just in case the enemy managed to hit him in the backside.

"Sayonara Squiddies." Kenshin said aloud as though speaking to the crew of the enemy cruiser. "I'll see you in hell."

Shii was doggedly staying on Elisto's wing, and trying to avoid the incoming barrage of enemy fire. She succeeded in staying on his wing, but her shields took a beating in the process. "I'm all right, systems normal, shields down to 40%, compensating." she sent to him.

When the order to fire came she locked onto the cruiser and fired one of her missiles. "Zero-One-Two-Seven, Fox One. Bonzai!!!!" She said as the missile streaked towards the enemy.

-------------------------------

The barrage of missiles from the cruiser peppered the fighters shields, but there was a randomness to their flight. As if they had been fired in a general direction, without actually getting a lock. In the same way the shot from a shotgun spreads out. Perhaps an attempt to get around the jamming the Tessie's had been making.

Anne was still firing forward seeing as enemy fired randomly. Spinning and and dodging would just had her tarteging go to hell. And she still had her shields on 100% too. "Firing torpedo! Spinner out!" Anne called as soon as her targeting system got a lock and she triggered her torpedo.

As torped flew to the target she turned her ship 180° and hit the engines again, moving against the momentum as she started disenageging the cruiser and rabbiting it. She also spinned every now and then to avoid more fire. "This Spinner. I am jamming enemy vessels, but it appears they started firign randomly in our direction. Their targeting is off, so they went for lucky shots. Spinner out." She radioed to the rest of the squadron, while hopin to not get hit.

"What a prestigious post." Ricky replied, not even realizing he had just thought out loud over the comm-channel.

Ricky gave the ship full throttle, pushing his ship as fast as he could to help out his fellow pilots in what was undoubtedly a tough fight. He could see their engagement from where he was, listening to comm-channels as they communicated with one another. However, as he heard news of enemy missiles . . . he had arrived just in time to get shot at by those randomly fired missiles. It was a volley of unaimed missile fire by some Squid desperate to take out the fighters peppering the Mishu cruiser.

"Son of a . . ." What followed was a long stream of very choice profanities as Ricky desperately performed evasive manuevers to dodge incoming missiles.

Once that was done, he focused his shields to the front of his ship, and tried to get a lock on the Mishu cruiser.

"Thurston, torpedo out!" Ricky yelled, firing a single missile before pulling a 180 degree turn, refocusing his shield, and fleeing from the enemy cruiser with the rest of the Diamonds' "missile detail".

"Scrapyard here, they are punching through the interference, I don't know how much longer we'll be able to jam them before they are able to successfully counter anything we do." Elisto winced as he saw a shot fly past him, close enough to light up his cockpit but far enough to serve no danger. That was to close, he thought and banked his fighter and fired off more shots.

He began to introduce a new wave form to the generator, blasting it out across his area of space in an effort to jam the enemies turrets even more. "Would be nice to create some form of a jamming field that jammed IFF transponders to make their turrets target their own ships...." he stopped for a moment and began to think. "Hmmm...."

Elisto glanced off to his side and reconfigured his wavefront, while he was still jamming the enemy and their ability to target. "Let's give them something else to chew on," he grinned and sent out a new waveform, an electric noise that would blast their IFF transponders and, hopefully, turn their own turrets against one another.

If it worked, he planned on sending the new wave form to Anne.

As Yaeko dodged one torpedo after another, she began shaking her head. We're going to get obliterated out here... "Diamonds, fall back. This cruiser is not worth losing half my squadron. Missile detail, make sure to fire off your torpedo before you turn back." As Yaeko said this she pinged a location on the IFF in order to signal the rendezvous point to the squadron. She then fired a few blasts from her aether cannon before flipping a u-turn and heading back to her rendezvous point.

The torpedoes fired earlier slammed into the side of the Cruiser tearing chunks of the hull apart in their destructive force.

Two Kawarime streaked towards the squadron, then "Zero-zero-niner-seven - Fox Two", "Zero-one-two-niner - Fox Two" came across the squadron channel. A pair of Ke-Z1 torpedoes streaked past the Fighting Diamonds and slammed into the side of the cruiser where its anti-fighter turrets were located. A brilliant flash of aetheric energy engulfed the side of the ship and when it dissipated the cruisers side has a number of large rents that were venting plasma. "Sorry for the delay Ma'am" the party ran a little longer than we anticipated."

An Urufu streaked past the squadron its engines dead, no sign of power on the craft. It slammed into the weakened hull of the cruiser with the force of its speed driving it like a sword into the ship. The dying ship exploded deep inside the cruiser setting off tertiary explosions

"Now that's how you do it like a Diamond!" Yaeko cried out as she watched the last of the missiles slam into the cruiser. When the Urufu streaked by, she watched as it ran kamikaze into the cruiser. She bowed her head in respect as she watched explosions rip across the enemy ship. For the Empire!

Flipping her eyes back to her IFF, she approached the rendezvous location and awaited the rest of the squadron. Meanwhile, she picked out the squadron's last target, a nearby battleship that appeared to already be taking a hit. After pinging its location she chimmed in. "Diamonds, I've pinged our latest target. It's a battleship that seems to be already taking damage from some friendlies. It still has some of its shields left, but that should be no problem for us."

Silic, banged on the back of Yaeko's seat. "Battleship? You better not be getting any ideas from the cruiser, that ground chief will murder me if we die!"

Errowyn disorientated from her run and now the explosions from the dying cruiser of the NMX. Had her all mixed up. Unsure of where therest of the squadron was at, reaching out to the coms and flipping to the 21rst Freq to pick up any chatter. But the recall to rally came across her channel. She blinked as she looked around and trying to locate the source.

"Diamonds, I've pinged our latest target. It's a battleship that seems to be already taking damage from some friendlies. It still has some of its shields left, but that should be no problem for us."

familiar voice of a squadron mate came over the coms and she flipped to the tactical screen, "meow? How did that NMX Battleship get past us?" Looking at the tactical screen showing the battleship that was being targeted, behind her. She blinked, realizing she was heading in the wrong direction, following a reflected signal that lead her astray.

Working the controls of her V8 and getting pointed in the right direction was quickly accomplished. All she had to do was head for that NMX Battleship that was marked and under attack by friendlies.

"I'm a comming!" Errowyn mutters pushing her aether thrusters to the stops at full burn. Looking visualy around for the familiar markings of the 21rst fighters. All she saw was the many ships moving that direction. "I gotta learn not to get soooo tunnel vision!" Mutters as she looked at her tactical screen, showing friendlies in blue and threats in red.

She blinked as her mind drifted, in thought ~~did the gremlins follow me to this ship?~~

Ricky almost wanted to shout with joy as he ran side-long: his broad-side facing the NMX ship as the torpedoes they had fired slammed in to it. He watched it, with no shields to protect it from outside forces, as the hull quaked under the impact. However, even as the two other aiding fighters opened fire, what followed next was -- unexpected. Ricky's back was to the Urufu at first, so he didn't see it until moments prior to impact. His eyes went wide underneath his helmet's face-plate as he watched the two titans (in comparison to his own miniscule fighter) meet each other in the vacuum of space. The NMX cruiser was bleeding, bad, but the crew would have been able to most likely survive the fight if the Yamatains left the ship alone. Then there was the Urufu, with its engines dark, and a visible loss of power.

The two smashed together in a beautifully violent collision.

A hot knife to butter came to mind, as Ricky watched it.

Then there was a brilliant light show as the Urufu exploded, resting in the belly of the NMX ship, and destroying it's foe with the secondary blasts. It was -- beatiful, sad, and a wide variety of other things all at once. Ricky lowered his head slightly, looking to the controls of his craft. Instantly his mind went to the crew of the Urufu, and how they must have felt in those final moments before impact. However, the voice over his communications brought him back to his senses.

"Diamonds, I've pinged our latest target. It's a battleship that seems to be already taking damage from some friendlies. It still has some of its shields left, but that should be no problem for us."

He keyed his own communications system, with what he said first being directed for Yaeko, "Okay. I'll move in to wing position while we move in." He eyed the ship in the distance as he turned to move with the rest of the pack of Diamonds, taking time to look at the read-outs for his ship on his HUD, "I'm loaded for bear and everything still seems green for my baby, here. Let's go blast some more squids."

"Roger," said Elisto as he banked his fighter and flew toward the rendezvous point, before falling into position beside Yaeko's fighter. He kept transmitting the IFF jammer, but he was also dual switching between regular target jamming and the IFF one, in order to further confuse the NMX warships and their crews.

Seeing most of the squadron behind her, Yaeko pointed her Kawarime towards the battleship and accelerated. "Let's move Diamonds!" She cried out. Once she was in range she unloaded her aether cannons. "Get me some tactical readings on that battleship. Each one of us has one missile left, which is enough firepower to blast a hole in a flag ship, so I expect nothing but dust when we're done with this battleship."

"Hunter, Kayo-Hei and myself are out of torpedoes. We will cover those of you on the bombing run with your permission." Akemi signaled.

Mean whlie the the battleship was altering its course in an attempt to protect it from the other ships that were hitting it.

"Hunter, unsure how much longer the jamming will last. They were already making progress before so I worry that they may break the jamming soon," reported Elisto as he shunted what little more he had left to the wavefront generator.

He tightened his grip around his flight stick, and made ready to fire his last torpedo.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back