• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 5.5] - Stormin' the Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luca glanced at Arin and Vincent, smiling, "Nice work, both of you," He commended. He then looked at the Custodian, and got a swift reminder of what happened back on the Goban. He stared at it for a moment, dead in the eyes, painfully remembering the many shrapnel wounds he'd received for a moment.

...but that was a rogue android, double crosser... this one seems safer, Vincent has it under control... yeah... it'll be peaches... He thought to himself, calming down and instead extending his hand for a handshake, "The name's Luca, I'm the captain of this ship. What's your name?" He asked as nicely as he could.

Mel rubbed her chin, sucking on her teeth thoughtfully, "Vince," She asked the ID-SOL, "Could ya gimme a list of what tinman over here needs so we can put 'im back together again?"

Meanwhile, back in the bridge, John was still keeping an eye on everything, autopilot was going on wheels, but he was still at the controls in case something came up. He noted that it'd be about fifteen minutes until the Vampire Class reached Nepleslia.

Also, Sebastian had fallen asleep in one of the bunks in the crew's sleeping area, making himself comfortable.
Hitori had been wandering around the ship, almost ethereally so. She wasn't interested in the big robot. She decided to go to the Head and take a shower. She left her clothes and weapons on the counter, next to the sink and washed herself off.
The events of the mission had her mind at unease, especially about Michael.

Valo stared at Luca's hand perplexed. It wasn't sure what Luca wanted it to do. So instead of hesitating, Valo lifted a massive hand out at Luca "The crew of the NSS Alliance named this model Valo. I greet you Captain Luca of this vessel."

Robert, who had also been behind Vincent, popped out as the android started to talk and move. "You sure this thing isn't dangerous Vinny?" he asked as he moved to get a better look at the robot.

"I already told you, Robert," Vincent said as he turned towards Robert, "I've changed his targeting parameters. Unless someone else with Green credentials contacts him and tells him to change his targeting parameters again, so that we're the ones he's shooting at, he'll be about as loyal as a pitbull- and just as fierce."

Then he turned back to Valo. "Valo, re-run system diagnostic and update me with non-functional components."

Valo's eyes moved from Luca and back to Vincent. "Currently all systems outside of standard perception, vocal and motor control are non functional. Without a functioning primary power supply, I am unable to repair system errors."

"So the aether converter isn't going to cut it?" Arin queried, tilting her head. It seems like, yet again, Vincent had the situation under control "I don't think we can find anything smaller or more powerful on this ship. Though, if you guys want him to..." Here she hesitated. "... Move around, I could fix the generator to his back or something."

"It's the most viable solution for now." Vincent said to Arin. "Until we get back to Nepleslia, that Aether Converter's the only thing with enough juice to run him."

There was a thud as Valo pushed a hand against the floor, slowly lifting himself to a sitting position. "If you will the interruption, perhaps I may suggest an alternative solution? Due to the nature of my synthetic flesh, attaching the generator for a power armor to my back would be somewhat difficult without removing it or making a makeshift backpack out of it."

The large android slowly began to rise to his feet as he continued speaking. "I must apologize for invading the privacy of this vessel, but I've not detected a governing intelligence in the ships systems. The alternative I suggest would be to allow me to connect myself to the ships generators and route enough power into my systems, thus allowing my internal subroutines to take effect. In the meantime I would be willing to interface with your vessel and assist as an external AI, this would also allow me to do required maintenance on my frame. unfortunately the required programming for repairing my weapon systems and power supply are not within my privileged database of knowledge."

Valo turned back to Vincent. "The final decision is yours. As the only listed member of the army present. I am forced to release officer seals Alpha and Gamma. You now have access to all functions and files available to me."

"Its... Its... Its going to be the ship AI?!" Arin exclaimed, now it is going to be everywhere, watching everyone, and she thought she could go back to sleep in peace too.

"So it looks like Arin's against it," Vincent looked at Valo. "That's one vote in favor of you making the jump to shipboard AI and one against. Anyone else want to agree or disagree, say it now."

Valo turned his head to Arin with what for only an instant almost appeared to be a frown

"I merely offered it as temporary assistance. As a way to assist you with your navigation and an aid to myself so that I may perform repairs on my body. A difficult task to do without the ability to fully examine oneself, something which I would have access to while assisting your systems."

Looking back to Vincent "I'd also suggest looking into obtaining an AI for this vessel when we reach the home world. As I am unable to remain interfaced with this vessel for an extended period of time."

"Easy, Valo," Vincent said, placing a large hand on the Custodian's shoulder and moving in closer to his face.

"She's generally non-combat personnel. With all the shit that's been shot at her today, she hasn't been taking it as well as trained soldiers, like me, you, or Captain Pavone."

Robert shrugged at the thought of the robot being the AI. "I personally don't care as long as it doesn't start opening cameras in the bathroom or locking me inside the ship or some other horror movie cliche."

"Agreed, Vince," Mel said, looking away, "I'm 'aving a bit 'a trouble swallowing today's events, myself."
She then remembered that she had to write down what to buy for Valo, "Quantum... Foam... generator..." She penned down on a notepad, "Is that right?" She asked Valo.

"Arin, go take a rest, I think you've done enough for the day," Luca urged one of his more valuable assets, "I don't think we have long until we reach Nepleslia," He turned his attention to Valo and Vincent "Valo, we have a good pilot at the controls of the ship, and once we get you repaired fully, I'll go shopping for an AI package..." He then considered what Robert said, and chuckled, reminded of a movie where that happens, verbatim, "One that probably won't try to kill us. Probably meaning not a Yamataian one - ha ha ha!"
Mel noted that down.

"Now, if you'll excuse me..." Luca said, turning around and walking towards the lounge, unclipping his belt buckle, undoing his suspenders, unthreading them from his jacket and plonking them on the spare couch across from Sebastian.
He then smelt himself, and decided to go and clean up.

He walked towards the head, opening the door and closing it behind him. When he was inside, he could hear the water already running. Curiously, he looked over and found Hitori, wearing but a towel, sitting against the wall in the shower, letting the water trickle on her and weeping to herself. She didn't notice Luca walk in.

"H...Hitori?" Luca asked, walking over, into the shower and ignoring the water getting his singlet, pants and boots wet, "Something wrong?"
She didn't respond.
"It's Michael, isn't it?" He asked, sitting down next to her, "Did you know him or something?"
She turned away. Luca put his arm over her, she turned to him, violently snapping: "You wouldn't understand!"

Luca frowned a little, concerned for the first crewmember who joined him, and probably the one with the most emotion baggage, "Don't worry - he's gone now..." He said, patting her lightly, "It's okay... I'll look out for you..."

She looked away, flooded with emotions, "He'll come back!" She warned, "He always does!"
This struck Luca as funny, seeing as though Michael was recently cut into 12 pieces and left on a star in the middle of nowhere, "And I'll be there to kick his arse each time!" Luca smiled with a wink, "I'll show him who's boss!"

Hitori sighed deeply, knowing that Luca wouldn't understand her history fully, but smiled weakly and stared deep into Luca, reminded of what Michael used to be.
"...I'm sure you will..." She replied softly.

MEANWHILE...

"Okay guys," John's voice sounded over the ship's intercoms, "According to the radar, it'll be about 8 minutes until we reach home sweet home, so tie yourselves and any loose objects down."

Nevaraon said:
Robert shrugged at the thought of the robot being the AI. "I personally don't care as long as it doesn't start opening cameras in the bathroom or locking me inside the ship or some other horror movie cliche."

"Or singing some stupid song about cake." Vincent grunted in confirmation, before turning back to Arin.

"Sorry," he said lamely, before turning back to Valo. "Alright, upload yourself to the mainframe and run full damage assessment on your Custodian chassis. Report back to Mel-" And here he pointed at Mel to inform Valo just who 'Mel' is- "with the results."

Valo looked between Luca and Vincent before pointing at the wires connected between himself and the power armor. "I would require a larger power supply for that. As I mentioned before, routing power from this vessels generators would suffice."

Valo slowly turned to the demon power armor and grabbed it. It gave what appeared to be an effort to lift it, but without any results. "As I had feared earlier when I first reactivated....without my primary power supply my muscle capability is barely enough to move myself"

Valo looked at Arin and Vincent. "It appears you will need to disconnect the armors power supply from me and carry me to the generators. Whomever here that routed the supply to me will need to do the same with the ships engines. My apologies for the inconvenience my system damage is causing you."

Vincent looked dumbfounded at Valo for a moment. This bot really is in bad shape, the merc thought to himself, before moving around to Valo and disconnecting the wires. Once he was cut off from the demon, Vincent lifted Valo on to his shoulders and piggybacked the android down to the computer core. A few wires here and there, and Valo was linked to the core.

"Arin!" He said over one of the nearby intercoms, "I need your expertise for a moment, if you would."

"No I wouldn't." Arin mumbled as she muffled the intercom with a pillow while half asleep. In was in her opinion that anything more done in this state of rest would be more detrimental than beneficial. "Go away."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back