• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 6.0] Mists and Mysteries

Silic peered up from his invasive attempt at reaching into the neko's wound.

"Uhh..." he began nervously. "Situation normal!" he replied to Konpeki as she approached, telling a blatant lie.

His fingers carefully navigated around the edge of the metal and the tips curled around it. Delicately he began pulling, the already weakened metal slowly slipping back out of the wound, bending on itself as he forced it out.

Anne watched Silic's delicate work on her medical scanner. She sighed in relief as the piece of metal was away from vital organs. "Good work Silic," she said and then look to Konpeki. "We cannot move out until this prisoner is treated. She is in bad shape and I need to get her out of the armour and extract shard of metal in her body." She said matter-of factly as often doctors do, when they decide to ignore orders for their patients.

"Okay Silic," Anne said and started looking at the armour. "Now we need to get her out of that armour so I can finish my treatment."

Konpeki looked at the two members of the squadron working to save the traitorous clan member. She keyed her radio to the Heitan frequency.

"Heitan this is Eika-Nitô Juni. We have a wounded prisoner who is going to require medical transport to the ship and to the medical center. Transmitting landing coordinates." she sent.

Errowyn brought her Kawarime up off the deck to higher altitudes, once confirmation came from the Heiten. Spotting several other Kawarimes heading her way as she leveled off, allowing them to catch up with her.

She gave the thumbs up to Kenshin when he pulled up beside her, making eye contact with him. Then dropped back into "V" Formation with him in the lead and on the oposite side from his wingman.

Yaeko continued to hover above the facility.

"Copy that Heitan, will return shortly."

Looking around, she shook her head again, something she found herself doing quite often lately.

"Diamonds, return to the landing point for rendezvous before returning to the ship."

Elisto listened in on the frequency and nodded. When he saw the diagnostic finish on his communications suite he let out a long grumble that could be heard by anyone near him. Figures as much, he muttered when he saw that the suite wasn't receiving the required power needed to bring it fully online.

When he examined a bit more of the suit he found the source of the malfunction, damage to the left side that he hadn't even noticed nor even felt, not least of which that his suit never warned him of. Initiating rerouting, bypassing damaged circuits and power lines..

He watched his HUD as the communications suite, which was flashing a bright orange - suddenly solidified, blinked out, then turned a bright green.

With the system all green, he tried again. "Scrapyard to Hunter, I still have the prisoner cage with me, I've also found an SSS encampment with personnel in the process of packing up and evacuating the area."

A rumble from behind Elisto drowned out any groaning he was making. The ground shook repeatedly, and a wall of dust and debris exploded out of the tunnel. The initial shock wave knocked Elisto away from the tunnel entrance. His trajectory bounced him into the side of the MOLES vehicle. There was screaming from several members of the SSS, and a louder rumble that grew in volume. Above the camp the side of the hill was collapsing in an avalanche.

"Alright, but hurry it up in there," Yaeko replied to Elisto. Suddenly her attention was diverted by the sound of rumbling coming from the hills were Elisto was.

Yaeko's head spun to face the now-collapsing hill. Her first thought was confusion as to what was going on, but that thought quickly went away.

Elisto, she thought worriedly for a moment before flipping her comm on again. "Forget the equipment and get your asses out of there now. You're not dying, you hear, and that's an order!"

Elisto looked a bit dazzed, the suit absorbed some of the impact but he could feel quite a bit of pain in his back. He glanced upward at the avalanching rocks and shook his head. "Ahh shit..." he said and pounded on the MOLE a few times.

"RUN!" he shouted to those who weren't in the vehicle then said to the driver of the MOLE. "Drive and do not stop!" and looked back at the cascading wall of rock and figured it's speed and gripped tightly to the MOLE, hoping it was perhaps just fast enough.

Several of the SSS personnel took off running away from the landslide. One SSS member grabbed two of her team mates and took to the air.

The MOLE started moving at its top speed as boulders of varying size and shape came crashing down around it and some actually striking the craft. The driver had activated the ultrasonic drilling array to help deal with anything that got in front of the vehicle.

Elisto had a spectacular view of the side of the mountain as it collapsed and crumbled and pursued them. He was struck by a number of smaller rocks the size of basketballs or so. They impacted his armor jarring him, but he was able to maintain his grip on the vehicle. One particularly large boulder came crashing towards him but at the last moment it was hit by another and it only landed a glancing blow but the impact was enough to bend Elisto's right leg at an unnatural angle.

After that hit the MOLE had sufficient speed and was able to pull away from the destruction. It continued for .5 km where the ground was rising upwards. From here they could wait for the dust cloud to clear and look for any members of their team.

Landing Site

Kenshin navigated his Kawarime fighter back to the landing site as the airborne members of the squadron had been instructed by Yaeko. Once the pilot reached the site, he then slowed his ship to a dead stop -- letting it hover over the landing sites co-ordinates in mid-air. There, he waited for the team to rendezvous so that they could return to the Heitan together.

"Well... this mission has certainly been... different... so far. At least we avoided unleashing a plague." Kenshin said idly to his wingmate in a private communications channel.

Other side of Mountain..

Elisto let out a series of curses as he watched the mountain cave in and felt the basketball sized rocks pummeling his armor, when he saw the larger boulder thoug hheaded for him he couldn't help but grit his teeth.

When he saw another boulder smacked into the one he'd been watching, he let out a sigh of relief before he felt pain fire through the nerves in his leg and had to mentally will himself to stop the pain.

Keeping his grip on the vehicle, he was glad nothing else had happened as they got to the incline. "Get a headcount.. anyone hurt?" he said to those in the MOLE and coughed, he could taste blood and nearly spit when he remembered that he had a helmet on.

As he was about to make his message, he realized he had made a grave error in judgment. In his desire to get out from under the mountain collasping, he'd left the prisoner cage behind and had effectively sentenced those prisoners to death. He let out a frustrated sigh, and mentally punished himself for making such a cruel mistake in judgment.

Glancing down at his leg, and noticing just how bent it was, he knew he wasn't going to be able to walk with it..

Yaeko watched the event play out, shocked at what she was seeing. Once she saw Elisto emerge safely she flipped back into the comm channel.

"Diamonds, change of plans. Once you have your fighters return here and patrol the area."

She then flipped channels and chimmed into the Heitan comm channel.

"Heitan, Munkata. I'm going to need a transport as well as several additional medical ships in order to transport some recovered SSS personnel."

Kayo and Akemi flew over the site of the landslide. They circled and then landed a short distance from the site where there was no debris.

--------------

Meanwhile the people at the SSS site started to emerge and take stock of their situation. Those with science scanners were searching the rubble for survivors.

Patrick climbed out of the Naikei module and came around to check on Elisto. "Hey you okay there Soldier..." He said as he came along the side. When he turned he stopped and looked at Elisto. "Hey, we need Wanda over here. We have a soldier with a broken leg and who knows what other injuries." He yelled to the others.

He moved over to Elisto, "You can lean on me if you need to Elisto." He looked around and spotted part of the EM-K5 that he had been driving earlier. "Hope I don't have to pay for that ATV. It was lucky for you that you were not in that NMX vehicle. While I was waiting for folks to load up I had the monitors up, that crazy NMX vehicle exploded. You would be in worse shape than the Sagasu I was driving earlier."

----------------------------

Meanwhile in the base Konpeki received a signal from the inbound craft. "Anne-Hei, the medivac shuttle is arriving. So I suggest you take what steps are necessary to prepare your prisoner for transport." She said.

With the end in sight, Silics body finally agave up. He fell back onto his armored backside and panted in his helmet onto a raised knee. "Tell them to prepare for possible radiation contamination, all three of us."

The man leaned back and propped himself up on an elbow, his fear of intelligence officers obviously conquered by his fatigue. "You, uh, might want to take a step back." he cautioned.

Konpeki looked at Silic. "I'll be sure to warn them. Good work keeping the reactor from melting down. I presume the carnage in the other chamber is your handiwork as well." She said with a chuckle.

"Make sure the med techs are wearing protective gear. The core room is highly contaminated, we have three patients who will need decon and anti-radiation treatment." She radioed to the medivac shuttle.

Errowyn flew in a lazy circle around the sight, monitoring the ships coming in as she kept a look out for threats to those below. She wondered if she should go back for the DAISY or just leave it there, letting the clean-up crew recover it.

She hated that power armor, She had very little time with it. Sure she had the imprinted skill. but practical use was almost non-existance. This was her second time in one of them and both turned out to be a disaster.

She scowled as she kept flying in a lazy circle providing air covereage.

Elisto blinked and, had he had his helmet off, the SSS would've noticed a surprised look on his face as he looked at the man. He then looked over at the rubble pile and accessed his suits systems in an effort to confirm what the man had told him.

After a moment of accessing the logs, he found an entry detailing the explosion had come from the area location of the POW Car. So the bastards also rigged it with explosives... he said and struggled to get up on one knee and used Patricks shoulder as a brace.

"It'll be fine," he glanced up at the sky to look for any of his fellow squadmates or units. He then tried his communications suite and got nothing but static. "Although it seems my suits comm. system is completely dead now..." he sighed and hit the switch which sent out a general distress call detailing his location, he didn't know if Yaeko knew the situation or not, but he couldn't exactly tell her with his comm. unit not working now.

Anne was tired herself, but she could not stop now. Silic was at his limits thought, but that was expected after he took care of the whole inner complex by himself and then found time to take care of over-loading reactor. It meant that Anne will have to open the armour by herself.

"Konpeki-san?" Anne spoke and went on her knees next to the prisoner. "I still have to get the prisoner out of her suit. Silic is out so we cannot do it in the technical way. It means we have to resort to force. I am going to open the armour and I would like to ask you to take the girl out so I can finish my treatmant. She still has wound in her back, that needs my care." She said.

Her glowed hands wrapped around the semi-open armour. Just enough to put her fingers in. She sat across the prisoners hips to hold her down, while she would pull the chest-plate open. "3,2,1 go!" She said and started pulling. Her own muscles stretched and sole helashio strength supported by her power armour started breaking the Mindy-armour apart.

As Yaeko issued the instructions to patrol the area, Kenshin did the same as Errowyn and began to fly his Kawarime in a circular pattern around the mission area, from time to time casting his eyes towards the sensor feeds and checking to see if any other hostile craft or ground vehicles had escaped their notice.

Kenshin hoped they could tie off all the loose ends in this mission successfully -- the last thing they needed was for an unnoticed enemy to slip out whilst they were distracted.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…