• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 6.0] Mists and Mysteries

Silic looked down at the fallen Mindy in perplexity. "Heh, I can't believe that actually worked." he said to himself. Then flinched as the control rods slammed down behind him. He turned with fire extinguisher still grasped in his hands. Silic ran back to his place by the hatch and took a moment to work up his nerve.

Okay, he was just going to stand outside and spray the extinguisher in, into a working reactor, the chemicals in the foam would help trap nuclear particles and help retard the reaction, in a WORKING REACTOR. Would his suit even protect him from this level of radiation? Would he wake up covered in feathers from some weird gene mutation? No, no. Just gotta keep going. Okay.

Psych up done, he took a few quick breaths and started turning the hatch, the door squeaked as it opened outwards and Silic saw the glowing intensity and the heat even through the filters on his helmet and shielding of his suit.

He pointed the nozzle of the extinguisher at the centre of it all with shaking hands and squirted. Then he simply held down the trigger until he couldn't feel any pressure from the tank. He cast it aside and quickly slammed the hatch shut and turned the lock, letting out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding as he fell back on his as, panting.

The Black Mindy lay unmoving on the floor, only the occasional groan gave any indication that the Neko was still alive.

Silic's HUD flashed multiple warnings during his desperate attempt to cool some of the core. The Mindy's armor construction helped to block a significant portion of the radiation. But the internal warnings showed that Silic was guaranteed a stint in radiation treatment if he survived.

When Yaeko brought the fighter to the landing site. Akemi and Kayo dropped from the wing as the fighter neared the ground. They both crossed quickly over to their respective fighters. They shut down their Daisies, and climbed out of the armor. Then hoisted the armor into the rear seat of their fighter, and climbed in and started emergency preflight procedures.

Anne reached the room entering and quickly looking around. She saw smg on the ground and also black-coloured mindy armour. Enemy was not moving so Silic took care of it. Anne was little happy about it, glad that she did not get into any actual fight.

Silic himself was sitting by the closed hatch, fire extinguisher laying beside him. Anne quickly hurried to him, slid to the ground next to him. "Oh my! Silic are you okay? Did she hurt you?" She asked frantically, her voice little panicked. Her hands quickly caught him and she started looking him over, seeking injurious.

Elisto would see the person climbing into an EM-K5 "Sagasu" Enclosed ATV with the SSS logo clearly visible on the front.

He emerged a moment later with a Styrling Tactical Assault Rifle. "Hold it right there, don't get any closer and don't make any sudden move you NMX scum." the man called out.

Oh geez... Elisto nearly facepalmed and sighed. "I'm not NMX," said the intelligence officer as he slowed the vehicle to a stop. He carefully folded his arms over his chest and thought about the situation and how to handle it.

Sadly, he hadn't expected this to happen, though perhaps he should've.

Rubbing his chin; he looked up from the vehicle dashboard. He knew that this was a precarious position to be in. If the soldier fired, his armor would be able to take the hits but then he'd be required to return fire and that wasn't something he relished doing to a civilian.

"I'm a friendly, names Elisto Tereane, attached to the 21st Fighting Diamonds. I'm not here to harm you or do anything to you, all I'm trying to do is get these prisoners out of here so that the NMX 'do not' recapture them and use them for a fate worse than death."

His hand was still near the rifle, ready just in case, though inwardly he was really hoping he wouldn't have to use it.

Again his helmet hissed and though the message was brief he could make out the voice a bit. When he attempted to send a response back, all he got was static from his suit. Crap, don't tell me my transceiver was damaged? Either that or I have a malfunction in the suit..

"Scrapyard here, can anyone hear me?" he said, sending the message out on the 21st's comm band.

Tunnel

The scientist lowered his weapon slightly. "Seems a bit strange that you would be driving a torture vehicle to save them wouldn't it have been easier to just let the go.

Fighting Diamonds eh... we met some of them a while back do you know Hunter and Tin Man?"

---------
Reactor Room

Silic's armor showed no more damage than when Anne had last seen him. In fact she had not heard a weapon discharge.

The Black Mindy moved slightly, a louder groan came from the person. With an effort the Neko managed to roll the armor onto its back, and the helmet visor opened. The Neko gasped several breaths but made no hostile move.

Silic wheezed and vaguely pointed at the abandoned fire hose with obvious come here gestures. Then he sucked in another deep breath as he stood up and picked up the fire extinguisher again.

His helmet visor opened as he held the heavy piece of firefighting kit above his head, his face clear set with a "Do-not-mess-with" expression.

It would.. if it wasn't for the possibility of releasing an agent that could kill you... was what Elisto wanted to say out loud but knew better, rules were rules and he wasn't about ready to get court marshalled.

He glanced at the cages, then leaned out of the cab and said. "I do know them, why do you ask?"

Landing Site

Like Kayo and Akemi, Kenshin disembarked from Yaeko's fighter in mid-flight once the Kawarime got close enough to the ground. The pilot crossed the terrain to where he had left his own fighter, disengaged his Daisy and set about transferring the pieces back up and into the fighter's co-pilot seat.

Once that task was completed, Kenshin climbed in the pilots seat and lowered the cockpit canopy. He went through the pre-flight checklist, readying the aerospace craft for take-off.

Anne was happy that Silic was okay. He dealt with the black Mindy fast, but the neko was still alive and that was good. Anne gave Silic a nod and went back to the hall dragging the hose into the reactor room like he wanted. She then inspected the neko under his care.

"I'll take care of her," She said and turned to neko. "Take the armour off," she said to her. Anne held her plasma rifle at the ready. "I can treat your wounds, but not with that on. Calm down and we can stop this dumb fighting."

Errowyn hovered her fighter, unsure of what to do as she kept an eye on the building that Silc and Anne were in. There was faint traffic on the 21rt com freq. And most of that was static.

Silic took the firehose nozzle in slightly shaking hands before putting a hand on Anne's shoulder.

"Sorry for the melodrama, but it's probably better if you two get the hell out of here." he said.

Then he turned and started fiddling with the hose, trying to get it pumping.

Tunnel

The scientist looked warily. "Well, the Diamonds saved a bunch of us a while back. If you know them what are their real names? And why are you driving around in an NMX vehicle?"

Base
With a twist of the nozzle on the hose Silic was rewarded with a jet of pure water. The blast of water easily shot twenty feet and if it were not the fact that he was in power armor would have probably knocked him off his feet.

The Neko looked at Anne and slowly reached over and manually queued the armor open sequence. The armor opened partially in a few places, and not at all in others. "That might be easier said than done. My armor is pretty much fragged, I will need you assistance in getting it opened."

Landing site
"Heitan to Fighting Diamonds, we are detecting the launch of three small craft from the renegade base. Possibly fighters or shuttles, intercept and either force them down or destroy. Repeat shoot down or destroy." Came Atsui's voice over the comm system.

Landing Site

"Orders acknowledged, Heitan." Kenshin responded, his hand's flickered over his fighter's controls and the ship drifted up off the ground in a slow vertical take-off. Once he gained enough altitude, he swivelled the fighter around and aimed it in the direction of the Tachibana base.

Upon activating the fighter's main engines, the ship darted forward with a loud rumble and began to accelerate -- getting ever closer to reaching its maximum velocity. Kenshin then turned his attention to the fighter's sensor read-outs, looking for any signs of the small hostile craft mentioned in the transmission from Atsui.

Silic swore loudly as the hose nearly jerked him off his feet. The spray went wild for a few seconds as he struggled to control and then managed to point roughly above the reactor so the stream splashed over the reactor casing, helping to cool it as it boiled away.

Anne looked at Silic and nodded. He made good point, this woman would still probably survive the radiation since she is most likely neko, but why letting her get too much radiation needlessly. Dead prisoner is useless and Anne hated to see anyone suffer.

Neko then opened her armour, but it was too damaged to open completely. "Let's get you away from the reactor room first," Anne said, and carefully took the women under her arm and dragged her out. Her plasma rifle rested on her back.

In hall she lay her on the ground. "Now let's have a look at you and don't try anything please. I might not look like it, but I am quite strong and my armour is undamaged!" Anne warned the neko and opened her medical kit. She took out her medical scanner and started getting reading on the neko through the cracks of open armour.

Tunnel

Elisto's eyes narrowed as he stared at the SSS. "And how do I know you're not an NMX spy just trying to get me to reveal the names of two of my squadmates? Sorry, but this is suspicious beyond belief." Or even a spy for the Tachibana...

He stood there though, not budging, he wasn't going to make a move toward the person because he didn't want him to get scared or act out of fear. 'Course, he could've given the names and been just fine, but he was suspicious of the person. Stating that he knew them by their callsigns was fine, but revealing their true names wasn't an option for him, he had to protect their identities just in case this was a spy he was dealing with.

Then he glanced at the vehicle out of the corner of his eye. "This vehicle has NMX prisoners inside of it, I'm under orders by Hunter to get them to a safe area to await pickup."

"Heitan to Fighting Diamonds, we are detecting the launch of three small craft from the renegade base. Possibly fighters or shuttles, intercept and either force them down or destroy. Repeat shoot down or destroy." Came Atsui's voice over the comm system.

"Acknowledge!" Errowyn's hands flew across the controls and her fighter shot for the sky, then dipped down towards the ground to fly several meters above the ground, scanning for the escaping shuttles or crafts. Switching freqs to internal 21st freq, "Hellcat flying low!" Alerting the others that were on the hunt.

The SSS person looked at Elisto, lowered his weapon. "What happened to Numa-San, last I heard she commanded the Diamonds. Sorry about the weapons, but we've had a number of our folks go missing over the past few weeks. Not lost, missing. No radio, no call for help. So when I saw an NMX prisoner transport I feared the worst.

The name is Patrick Thompson, engineer on this mining project.

But I should have realized you were not with them, your a man. Haven't heard of any males in the NMX out here. There is a small facility at the end of this tunnel. There are some medical facilities. Follow me and I will let them know you are coming so you get a positive reaction." the scientist replied.

--------------------------

Silic watched as the initial water vaporized when it made contact. However as the surface slowly cooled, the water made it further down the sides of the reactor. The water was also cooling the piped that ran into the reactor offering some additional cooling to the coolant being pumped in.

----------------------------

Alia's medical scan showed that the Neko was alive only due to her physiology. She had suffered multiple grievous injuries including damage to her lower spine. With assistance her NH physiology would recover, but it would need assistance. She also had a higher level of radiation in her system than the exposure to the reactor would warrant.

Tachibana Base Approach

As his fighter got closer to the enemy base, Kenshin sighted the three hostile craft on his Kawarime's sensors. "Hostiles sighted. Acquiring missile lock." The pilot reoriented the nose of his fighter, bringing his guns to bare upon the closest of the enemy ships. After several seconds beneath his targeting reticle, his fighter issued an alarm informing him that he now had a missile lock upon the enemy.

"Zero-Zero-Niner-Six, Fox-Three." Kenshin announced over the squadron comms frequency as he fired a salvo of four missiles from his fighter's attached weapon pod. The four small projectiles streaked towards his target, whilst Kenshin readied his guns for his next target -- or to resume his attack in the event his missiles failed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back