• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 6.0] Mists and Mysteries

Elisto was just short of firing when he got Konpeki's message, how did he almost make a mistake that would've unleashed a plague? He had been consumed in trying to be merciful that he didn't notice that the cell was self contained. He lifted his pistol to prevent himself from accidently firing.

Although he wanted to shot the Neko, the inceneration option was the only one he had least he break the cell. Putting his pistol away, he knelt down and looked for the panel and soon found it after some seconds.

He looked at the Neko, and hit the red button to incinerate the cell.

Silic heard footsteps behind him, he turned and brought his shotgun up only to see Anne's suit emerge through the door. He lowered it quickly.

"What? I told-" he looked back over to the console. "No time. Listen, you have to get out of here, right now!" he order pointed back towards the door. "Please!" he begged before turning to face the console again.

The containment cell quickly filled with a green gas and the gas was ignited. The chamber was filled with bright flames. In a matter on seconds the flames extiguished leaving smoke and ash.

Anne was running though some hole, following the signal her AIES was giving her. He was in a room up ahead so she quickly ran in. Silic was indeed that and alone, he aimed his shotgun at her at first, but then lowered it fast and said her that she should leave.

"I am not going anywhere without you!" Anne shouted, she could not help but to see in what state he was. His armour black with burn marks everywhere. He looked as if he just went through hell and back. Business as usual for Silic.

Anne ran up to console he was working on. She could see that reactor was about to overload and Silic was trying to stop it. THat was why he said that others should leave, while he would try to do his best. Anne quickly looked around for another console she could use, or an emergency shutdown button. All reactors should have emergency shutdown protocol, maybe Tachiabana's forgot to disable it on this on.

"I will help you Silic, tell me what to do!" Anne said, still examining the room.

Anne would see another panel nearby with other displays. There was an assortment of displays and a large red button. But from where she stood Anne could not see the what the displays were showing.

-----------------------

Konpeki sent another message to Elisto and Yaeko. "The plague is artificial. Fire will not kill the plague. So do not open the chamber. If you want to protect the other captives, check the vehicle's power supply. The plague is susceptible to EMP. If you can make the power system generate an EMP burst. It should render the plague inert."

Vehicle Cage Site

"Worth a shot," said Elisto, though he didn't transmite it. He looked at the assorted cages, then back at the one with the plague in it and grumbled in disgust.

He walked around the vehicle, trying to locate where it's power supply was, before finding the location and removing the panel that protected it. "Generic.." he muttered when he saw what it was and began to tinker with it to find the right combination to generate a burst. "This should do it..."

The operative glanced at the cages on the vehicle, then back at the power generator before initiating the burst.

Yaeko, realizing that Elisto had the cages under control, called into the complex. "Anne, Silic, say something. What's going on!?" While she waited for a response she looked at who was gathering around her. It seemed that many of the other diamonds weren't quick to respond, which made it difficult for her to do anything she needed.

"Diamonds, standby until I get this situation under control."

That's when she heard a mention of an EMP over the radio. Looking towards the cages, she started to call out to Elisto. "Clear out before you activ..." That was when the burst went off. All she could do was hope that she was far enough, and hope that Elisto's electronics were protected from the burst.

Anne moved fast, she moved to the console she noticed, with beg red button and started studying it. Silic might try to stope the over-loading while she could look for emergency shutdown or help in any other way. WHile doing so she received a communication from Yaeko.

"HUnter!" She called back quickly. "Get out of here. Take whole squad and move fast. As far away as you can. There is a problem with reactor, me and Silic will try to contain it, but you better move out!" She said, not sure how much information would actually get out.

Now that Yaeko finally had some info as to what was going on within the complex, she could better deal with the situation in front of her. Downloading Anne's and Silic's AIES data, she figured out how much time she had remaining.

"Alright Diamonds, we've got about three to four minutes before this place goes apocalyptic. Somebody hop into the cockpit of Anne's fighter, everyone else attach yourselves to it. Konpeki, will a reactor meltdown be powerful enough to destroy any of the plague contained within the complex."

Konpeki took a moment to make a mental calculation. "It the reactor explodes, the destructive force should be enough to vaporize the plague.

I would suggest that you have Elisto see if he can get that prisoner transporter moving. Because its proximity right now is too close to survive the explosion."

"Perfect!" Yaeko yelled. "Elisto, get that transport out of the area, save what you can. Silic, Anne, I'm ordering you to pull out of the complex now. Latch on to the fighter once you get out here. See you in a few."

Not seeing anybody moving for the cockpit, Yaeko hopped out of her armor and climbed into the fighter, checking all the systems and prepping everything for an emergency launch.

Elisto was damned glad that he had engaged his energy clock projectors which soaked up the EMP burst. He had almost not thought of it though, until nearly the last split second.

"That should disable it," he pondered as he heard Yaeko's message and cursed. Shit, I never radio'd the team to alert them to the burst, crap I hope the hill actually protected them, he thought before looking over at Hoshi. "Hoshi, you ok?" he asked, concerned laced in his voice as he got up from the generator and quickly checked the vehicle over to ensure it was drivable.

"Ahh, ain't perfect," he said looking at the dents. "But can't be chosey," as he said this he got into the drivers cabin and attempted to turn the vehicle 'on', in hopes that it would kick start so they could get out.

Fortunately for Elisto, the vehicle was operational its power system online. The controls inside were typical of most vehicles.

Akemi and Kayo followed Yaeko to the fighter. They nimbly leapt up and secured themselves to the vehicle.

The secondary console was in fact the Reactor emergency system unit. The red button was labeled reactor scram. But it was not properly seated and a number of wires protruded from under it.

The primary display was flashing a warning about a valve being opened in the cooling system, and that pressure was dropping below minimum safe levels.

Kenshin followed orders and reluctantly moved to latch onto the fighter craft after Yaeko climbed aboard so he would be carried out of the blast radius when the vehicle took off. Within the confines of his mind, he silently hoped that Silic and Anne would be able to make it out and to the fighter before the base blew heavenward.

"Damn... it." He said aloud, voicing a small portion of his own frustration over events.

Anne noticed the emergecny stop button, it was damaged, but if the wires where to be jury-rigged and connected again, it might work. Yaeko wanted them out though.

"Silic!" Anne called to her companion. "I found emergency stop button, maybe you could repair it. Though Hunter wants us to run out. I think she wants the reactor to actually got over!" She said to him.

Silic looked over from his console, where he was trying to reinsert the control rods to slow down the reaction and give them more time. But it wasn't giving him control.

"What?" He shouted back incredulously, "That's insane! If this goes off it's going to cause an ecological disaster almost as bad as what we've been trying to stop!"

Silic took a few seconds to think.

"Alright, alright. Damn it, I should have paid more attention in science class! Uh, okay. I'll get the SCRAM system triggered. I need you to find something like detergent or a fire extinguisher! Don't ask!" Silic ordered as he approached Anne's console.

There was no way he could weld closed a pressured pipe of boiling steam, even in a PA. Rather than work the panel under the desk loose he ripped it off with PA assisted strength. The saboteurs must have wired the SCRAM so that the power to the control rod motors was never cut, he just had to find the right wire to pull and cut power to the motors so they would release the rods into the reactor.

Anne nodded and looked around for a extinguisher, there was one bound to be. She also tried to remember if there was room for cleaning she would on the way here. Detergent would be there.

"Okay Silic, I will get Hunter to leave!" She said and got back on the horn. "Negative Hunter, we are locked down in the reactor room." She lied, but Hunter needed a reason to leave. "Silic says, that if the reactor melts it would cause great ecological disaster, are you sure you want to have something like that on your conscience. There is still good chance we can stop this!" Anne tried to appeal on Hunter's humanity. "But in anyway, take the squadron and leave, we cannot get out anyway."

When Elisto saw the vehicle come to life, he smiled in triumph before looking toward Hoshi. "We gotta go! Get on quick!" he shouted to Hoshi before telling their passengers to hang on, when he was sure Hoshi was on, he threw the vehicle into gear and started driving away from the base.

Ripping off the panel showed Silic revealed a mass of wiring. None of which was labeled.

The displays showed that the core temp was continuing to rise. But there was a critical bit of information now on the screen. Control circuits to the control rods was flashing offline.

The secondary displays shows that the containment field for the core was losing integrity due to the increasing tempurature.

-----------------------------------

The Prisoner lurched forward at Elisto's urging. It quickly built to its maximum speed of 70 KPH. The question now was how far could he get before the reactor blew, and if he could use any of the land features to help. Before him there was an earthen path, that forked, to the left the path seemed to descend, while the right fork seemed to head towards a narrow valley.

Yaeko looked at those hanging on her acquired fighter, and lifted off quickly. She wanted to get herself and majority of the team to a safe distance from the potential blast point.

"Tin-Man, I haven't given you permission to die. So you better stay alive damn it." she sent over the comm as the fighter gained altitude and velocity.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back