• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 6.0] Mists and Mysteries

"I don't want to hear it," Yaeko responded as calmly as possible. "Since there appear to be no more valid questions, I think it's about time we suit up. Dismissed." Yaeko closed down the images that she had brought up for the briefing and proceeded out of the room and towards the flight deck.

Akemi watched the way Yaeko handled the mission briefing. She found it interesting. This one has potential, if she doesn't over compensate trying to prove herself. she thought. She stood up and walked out shortly after Yaeko.

-----------------------------

Kayo sat quietly during the briefing. She made note of how Yaeko had divided up the team, and what her role was. After that the rest of the byplay by the team was unimportant to her. She silently got up and headed to the flight deck.

------------------------------

Hangar Deck

Konpeki stood by her fighter. Courtesy of Hiromi she monitored the briefing that Yaeko had just given. She noted the way Yaeko divided up the duties. She had no problem with how the team was split up. It would make it easier for her to accomplish her task while the Diamonds performed their operation. She had a limited window of opportunity, but was confident of her abilities to get the job done.

Errowyn smiled at Silac's raw humor as she lookedat her data padd before her studying the plantary's atmospheric weather patterns for setting up her release points for her run at the training targets. Her hair hid the smile when Silac looked her way.

Once the briefing was over and the Senior pilot left the briefing room, scampered out, heading to the pilot's locker room to change into her flight uniform.

Soon she was scrambling into her fighter, powering up her ship for launch, along with preflighting her ship.

Again, still very silent, Elisto got up out of his chair and headed to the flight deck. He was already changed and ready to go, just all he needed to do was get into his fighter and run the pre-flight checklist.

He jumped into the cockpit and began to run down the list of details, he was still steadfast on the mission but his heart was now racing with multiple different propabilities on how the mission may turn out or what might happen.

Hangar Bay

Akemi climbed into the fighter she was assigned to. She immediately started her preflight check. She also took a moment to look in the back seat to see what they added. She placed her personal katana in the back along with the equipment. Since they were suppose to be trying to take the rogue base as quietly as possible, she felt the sword was ideal.

She then sat and opened up her SPINE interface to get a feel for the fighter.

------------------------------------

Kayo quietly made her way to her new fighter. She did a walk around checking the various points of the craft. Then climbed in and started performing her prelaunch checklist.

------------------------------------

Konpeki watched as the members of the Fighting Diamonds entered the bay. Her fighter was ready for launch and its systems were operating within specifications.

"Specter One ready for launch." She sent via communicator to the flight boss.

"Specter One you are cleared for immediate launch." came the reply.

As she moved her fighter into the launch bay, she queued up and set a message to the squadron's fighters.

Diamonds, I will meet you on surface. I will be heading to the surface on a different vector and will be in position to survey the site and provide you with an update on enemy positions. Good Hunting, Eika-Juni.

Once the blast doors were closed she launched her Teisatsu and engaged her cloaking system as soon as she cleared the Heitan's sphere of influence.

Silic took his time, all very calm getting to the hangar. He leaned towards Anne as he stood up. "I'll meet you there." He then disappeared towards his quarters.

When he walked into the hangar bay in his flight gear he was carrying a small armoury with him. A shotgun, sniper rifle, a rather nasty looking knife, a grenade of unknown origin and a tiny Type 32 flashlight bringing up the rear behind him. Older members of the squadron might observe that all these weapons came from an earlier mission.

Soon he was pointed towards the fighter he would be borrowing for this mission. It was a fair, but unremarkable example of its kind. Silic shunted the weapons into the back seat with his new armour. With the flashlight he played a pretend game of basketball, dribbling the protesting hovering flashlight for a few steps, and then switching it off and shooting for the hop in a fluid motion. There was a loud ding as it rebounded into the back seat on top of all his other crap.

Silic made the fist of success before climbing up into his cockpit. "Not looking forward to this part." he muttered to himself as he strapped his helmet on and the canopy closed over him. He flicked everything on and began taxiing, causing a small disruption as forewarned ground crew who knew who was flying this particular fighter scattered to get out of the way just in case.

Yaeko was standing next to her fighter as Silic worked his way towards his fighter. She stood there, leaning against her landing gear as she watched him. Once she was sure that he was secured in properly and was underway, she hopped herself into her own cockpit and went through the usual startup procedure. Once everything was ready she prepped her fighter for taxiing and then chimmed in on a closed comm channel.

"Silic, look. I'm sorry for everything. You've kept me alive more times than I can count, you were the best partner that a pilot could ask for and I took it for granted. And Silic I..." Yaeko stopped herself as she tried to think of the right words. "Just take care of yourself. I'll be right with you the entire time."

Kayo sat in her fighter, she was nervous... "Aqueous... why did it have to be Aqueous."

She keyed her mic on the squadron channel.

"Hey, Tin-man, you will do fine. After all the bombing run is just a training mission. It is not like anyone is going to be shooting at us then.

I'm more scared about the last half of the mission. The last time I set foot on Aqueous for a mission. I died. I died on this planet, and while I do not have memories of the events. I know it happened. "

She released her mic and did a last check of her fighter. All systems green.

Errowyn took her time in doing her preflight checks, not wanting to see what was behind her. All it reminded her of near failure at the testing facilities and she didn't want to go back to that and definitly not step on a dirty world where you ate dirt. She perferred the cleanliness of space and shipboard life.

She watched the two, now the third ship move towards the launch bay. Still she sat there, running through a very detailed preflight checks, watching the other 21st begin their roll-outs to the launch position.

"Alright Diamonds," came Yaeko's voice through the comms. "Finalize pre-flight checks and prepare for launch." As she said this, she moved her fighter into launch position and did one final systems check, as well as glancing in her back seat to make sure that her armor was there.

"For the duration of this mission, Cutter will be in charge of Support Team and Scrapyard will be in charge of Demolitions Team. Once we've launched, inform me when your full team has launched." Once her final systems check was complete, she fired up the engines and launched. "0048, launching," she chimmed in to the flight boss.

As Silic listened to what was coming through his earphone he began smacking his head back against his seat in frustration. Were these girls trying to get him killed, talking like that just before a mission was just tempting fate. Silic had always been too busy looking out for his own skin to try and keep others alive, and it didn't help when Kayo rubbed in Silic's failure during their first mission on this planet.

The prospect in front of him was formidable, not only was he a completely novice flyer, his aptitude tests for flying were about as poor as they could be, and he was terrified of space. This couldn't end well.

"Here goes nothing." he muttered to himself and hit the gas.

The fighter roared forward, leaving three streaks of burnt rubber tracks on the hangar floor before ungainly leaving the deck and teetering out of the bay into open space, where it promptly dropped sideways out of sight from inside. Jerkily, the shaky fighter pulled up behind Yaeko's.

Anne was awfully quiet on the way to the hangars. She was thinking about her future and abotu this mission. Infantry combat? She was bad pilot, how good can she be in firefight? No good. She shivered in the though of plasma fire flying around and at the fact that she herself was supposed to shoot at someone.

Being in space and targeting them with cannons, firing and killing them before you can even seem them was completely different then shooting someone with rifle from ten meteres. Yes, she got basic combat training as every other member of the military.

Befor going to Hangar, she went to medbay and got some medical equipment. First aid kit, PMS and few hemo-synth containers. She put her flightsuit on and walked to her fighter, climbing in. She saw that armour, nice folded behind her seat. She also noticed the plasma rifle and froze once again. Rifle. She did nto even properly knew how to shoot that. She was trained with her NSP, not battle rifle.

Anne shivered again and put her medical equipment with the arour, before climbing in and sitting in her seat. She turned the engines on and did pre-flight check.

"Z-z-zero-zero-s-s-even-nine. L-launching." Anne stuttered from nervousness as she flew out of the Heitan. She was not frozen with fear, but she certainly did not feel good either.

Glancing back and forth between his instruments, Elisto was at the final part of his preflight checklist, he looked in back to notice the explosives in their secured container, then looked back at his diagnostic display and waved it away.

He closed the canopy and put his helmet on. Then moved himself into position and gave a light burn of his engines, then said. "Zero. One. Zero. Three. Launching," he then put the throttle to max and rocketed out into space.

When he was clear, he formed up behind Yaeko, but made a quick look for Rick.y

Akemi and Kayo launched cleanly when it was their turn and fell into position with practiced ease.

Below the squadron Aqueous hung like a blue and green orb. The terminator on the planet was well past the target zone, and the clouds mentioned in the meteorological report were plainly visible.

Cutter's Kawarime shot out of the Heitan, close behind the rest of the squadron. After doing a secondary systems check, he chimmed in on the squadron's comm channel.

"Zero-Zero-Four-Four, up and flying."

---------------------------------

Yaeko slowed her pace as she waited for the rest of the squadron to launch, "Come one slowpokes, we haven't got all day!"

Errowyn sighed as she finally got moving, easing her fighter out with maxuim care towards the launch point. Muttering softly, "where are you ya gremlins when I need yua the most!"

She was dreading the upcoming mission and was moving like a child being sent to the principle's office. Hoping something would cause her to legitmately get out of the planet bound portion of the mission.

Soon.. all too soon, she was in the launch position, pausing the long seconds, before giving the flight controller the thumps up and hitting the afterburners.

She scowled at the launch as it was very lousy and nearly crashed, but didn't on her way out as she over compensated on the controls. Even she was displeased at something so simple, point....Aim....hit the thrusters and away we go!

Soon she joined up with the rest of the squadron, falling into her slot within the formation. Looking around for her wingman.

Kenshin climbed up the gantry ladder and settled down into the pilot's seat of his Kawarime. The Yamataian fixed his attention upon the starfighter’s controls and console displays. With a few keystrokes he began his pre-flight preparations and the ship’s systems began to come fully online as the computer initialized and screens lit up, displaying a plethora of information about the ship and its present status.

“Report the results of the pre-flight diagnostic.” Kenshin asked the fighter’s computer. The computer responded verbally in a feminine voice, confirming the status of each of the crafts primary systems as it completed its diagnostic routine.

Before long Kenshin's pre-flight checklist had been completed and his fighter was then ready to depart. Using the Kawarime’s communications system, he addressed the Heitan’s flight operations control. "This is Jôtô Hei Murasaki Kenshin, zero-zero-niner-six. All systems green. Flight control, I'm heading out."

Under his direction, the fighter slowly wheeled itself forward and turned to aim towards the vacuum of space that lay beyond the atmospheric shielding of the Heitan’s vast docking bay. He dialed up the throttle and the nimble craft darted out into the void in pursuit of the rest of the squadron. In a matter of seconds, Kenshin joined those members of the 21st Squadron already in flight headed down to the surface of the jewel-like planet.

As Elisto waited for the rest of the squadron, he pulled up details on the mission from his memory. He memorized the route, examined the area where they were bombing and where the Tachibana's little camp was.

Anne fell in formation, she managed to gather herself a little, but the fear was still present. She looked at status of everyone else and checked their medical data. She wondered who else had their hears beating. She also looked where Cutter is so she could fall in behind him as his wingmate.

"Assault team is up," Yaeko called out, checking the launch logs that she pulled from the Heitan. "So is Support Team. Diamonds, begin descent and the remainder of Demolitions Team can rendezvous with us before we begin our bombing run." As Yaeko said this she increased to the standard descent speed and altered her trajectory so that the squadron would finalize their descent 20 clicks west of the bombing range.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…