• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.1] At War - Rescue At Veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 8.1] Universe at War - Rescue At Veritas

Kumiko joined Junko, Sune and Ramiro on the floor, coming up slightly after Junko had. Her eyes widened at the blood on the floor, and when she saw Darnell's body a small gasp hit her. She'd been on a SR&S ship, saved people before, but she'd never been in a situation with THIS much blood. "What... happened?" Then she glanced up and saw Sune bleeding as well. "Sir, are you okay?"

"Fish. I knew SOMETHING would go awry like this......Here, I'm here, Jalen-Heisho.......Fish, this is why I brought my medical kit......Ummm, Yarani-Hei......Blood......I'll be there in a moment with some disinfectant........Hrmm....." grumbled Konoka in a steady drone, her face a mask of stony calm. Pulling out her kit, she grabbed out any supplies she thought might be even remotely useful. "Umm....Jalen-Heisho....You used to be a medic......How severe do you think that is? You know yourself....Where's the injury? Ah....Y'think replacement blood'll cover that.....Mmm, maybe not.....How are you feeling?"

Some people said time was money. Their jobs might prove that true. But to a medic like Konoka, time was blood. Her friend's blood, which she needed to staunch the flow of. Ah...right. While trying to configure a diagnosis, she did her best to stop the bleeding. She'd been worried something like this would happen. And she'd been right. She remembered once having a conversation with Sune about the difference between worry and concern. She realized she was, in fact, concerned for Sune right now.

She'd worried about someone getting hurt as much because she cared as that she was simply a worrywart. She was concerned because Sune was her friend, and her caring was not a general warm blanket of worrisome thoughts, but was directed at someone specific. She'd been worried when she was THINKING about this happening. Now it WAS happening, and she was calm, and sure, she'd do her job as a good medic would do for any patient, but yes, she was concerned. The bleeding should be slowing by now, if her work was working. Now for the diagnosis. She muttered to herself, "What to I need.....Need a diagnosis....My kit....What do I need...."

Well, for one, you need to hurry the fish up, Miyazawa! she told herself. Time wasn't money. It was LIFE.

Sune smiled at Konoka, Some things do not change, but at least I know she means well and is capable. he thought.

Point to the entry and exit wound he said. "The wound seems to have missed any vital organs. It just passed through the muscles and tissue. Patch me up with your usual good skill and I will be more than capable of performing the mission."

Grabbing some equipment and putting back what she wouldn't need, Konoka muttered something unintelligible, stared at the wound for a half-second, cleared her throat, and tried to do a wee, necessary bit of on-site healing. As she started her work, she muttered, "Somethings just had to go wrong. Something ALWAYS goes wrong."

Grumbling, sighing but calm, she tried to help Sune. Helping was, after all, life.

Ramiro, reacting later than he usually does, was pulled to the ground suddenly. He looked over and saw Sune clutching him. Ramiro had time to whip out his sidearm, but the assailant was gone before he could fire. He worked his way up and thanked Sune. "You saved my life my friend. I'll be sure to return the favor some time." When he noticed Sune was injured he stepped back to let the medics do their work. He then scooted over to Kumiko and said, "Kumiko, are you okay, you're not hurt are you?"

"No, I'm fine. I... I arrived slightly later than the rest of you, so I wasn't in the line of fire yet." She shook herself slightly. Get a grip, this is part of war, damn it. She smiled weakly over at Ramiro. "Thanks for being worried though, it's nice to know someone cares."

Ramiro smiled back at Kumiko and said, "You already knew I cared." He then turned and walked over towards the Hanako. At one point Ramiro glanced back over his shoulder at Kumiko and smiled. He then turned towards the Taisa. "Ma'am, shall we continue with the mission as planned or do you have something else in mind."

Kumiko smiled, in a much better mood now. I wasn't sure if he'd remember, what with me being on the opposite shift for so long. I'm glad he did. Forcing herself back into the moment, she got up, and walked over to Sune. "Sir, what are your orders for the moment? Should I wait, or are we going to continue on with the mission?"

"We have to proceed as planned," Hanako said, pulling her chrome gold pistol out through the arm-hole of her Elysian tunic. "Where is Harris?" she growled, rushing out the door into the hangar. As she moved, she mentally took control of the Eucharis point defense guns on the ship's underside. If an enemy appeared again, he would get much more than an NSP blast.

The hangar seemed mostly empty, save for a few abandoned cargo palettes, a trio of rusting barrels, cardboard boxes, a golf cart, and a small forklift. A large doorway led into the hall that would lead them to the customs checkpoint, as indicated by a sign with an arrow. Hanako took a tactical glance down the hallway, looking for the fleeing assailant. Nothing. She checked the other way down the hall. Still nothing.

"Clear for now," she mentally texted all the teams.

Sune made a few experimental twists of his torso. "Thank you Miyazawa-Hei. Your ministrations have produced acceptable results."

Sune briskly walked back to the fabrication area and changed into a different robe and returned to the cargo area.

Continued in [Mission 8.2C] Charlie Team / Blueprints

Mikael was in his own world for a long time while he pondered his options in the armory about what he could conceal, but then remembered he needed to meet up with the rest of the team. He grabbed a Type 28 Submachine Gun, a few extra magazines for it, and ran down the corridors of the ship towards the cargo bay. "Better to ask for forgiveness then for permission in this case" he thought to himself as he was running into the bay

Mikael jumped unto the ground clenching his teeth as his body impacted on the floor when he heard the gunfire impact the ship. He low crawled towards some cover towards the others and pointed his the Submachine Gun outwards, never setting it on stun.

He entered his own little world again thinking about all he was taught as an infantryman low crawling towards the ramp until the Taisa growled his name. "I'm right here ma'am." He said still lying on the ground, not bothering to get up. "What the heck happened..." was what he was going to ask as he didn't have a clear picture of what was going on until he saw Darnell. Mikael didn't really care much about Darnell, but that was because he just didn't know him. He could feel a rage beginning to grow deep inside him as he kept looking at him.

Continued in [Mission 8.2A] Alpha Team / Secure the Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back