• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.1] At War - Rescue At Veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 8.1] Universe at War - Rescue At Veritas

Pausing to set her weapon to 'stun', Konoka set up some form of disguise and also altered her hair ribbon into a more traditionally Elysian-looking way (she'd called some research) that wouldn't interfere with her work. She then grabbed a medical kit, knowing that, especially with her current streak of luck, something could and probably would grow wrong. Oh, I hope no-one gets hurt! she thought to herself. But then, yeah, they probably would. Which didn't put Konoka in a happy-skippy mood at all, whereas practically everything put Konoka in a happy-skippy mood.

Racing off to check on progress, Konoka muttered, "Something is SO going to go wrong."

That was the pattern, and it was making it seriously hard for Konoka to be fantastically optimistic. Trying to combat that, she smiled, whispering to herself, "But at least I'm here to help!"

Sune went back to the fabrication area and started producing the necessary garment items. He donned his disquise clothing and waited for Kumiko to come down to complete the items needed to make the wings moveable. Fortunately, my skin color is fairly common among Caelisolans, along with my eye color. Brown hair is rare but not unheard of so other than the wings my disguise is pretty complete. He checked his NSP ensuring that the clip was fully charged and that he had a fully charged spare. He placed both into a small toolbox along with an ICP. We will need something to download the plans to. An ICP seems the easiest resource to have just incase.

Kumiko finished up her meal, and headed back down to the Fabrication bay. She paused for a second, going over what she had worked out one last time before she would turn the schematics over. Satisfied that she had done the best she could in the time limit, she stepped over to Sune. "Sir? I have some schematics for the updated wings. Basically, just a wireless receiver with control of a pulley system is all it is. All we have to do is plug them in to the computer, and add them on to the wings we already have made. They can be operated by each individual, or, as needed, a squad commander could issue generic commands to a whole set at once." She handed him the datapad, with both the original schematics, and her new schematic system side -by side. "This shows how to attach the controller, and how to rig the pulley system up.We can let the computer handle that if you would prefer though."

Junko trotted quickly off to Engineering, half to make sure nothing had happened during the briefing and half to reassure herself that her absence during the away mission wouldn't result in some horrible catastrophe. Of course, the automated systems were working perfectly; there was nothing out of line and the thorough repair job meant that the odds of anything critical failing while she was gone were vanishingly small. With no real excuse to linger in the Mainspace any longer, she made her way out into the passageway, checking her NSP and sending a telepathic message. ”Jalen-Heisho, it is my understanding that you are the Charlie team leader, or at least the ranking team member. Is there anything you require my assistance with? I assume that Endoh-Hei has your engineering project well in hand.”

Sune started when he received Junko's telepathic message. He paused for a moment before responding. Takeda-Heisho, Endoh-Hei is attending to that matter. Beyond coming down to the fabrication area for your wardrobe and wings, there is one area of concern that you are suited to handle. pausing he thought briefly about the missing objectives, he then sent For our team the starship design data is the most important. I have acquired an ICP to use as an additional storage device. However we need to have a means to protect whatever storage medium the Elysian systems use. So perhaps you could come up with a container to shield the media from accidental erasure or corruption.

Picking up his communicator he quickly typed a message for Ramiro.
"Valencia-Heisho it is time to get your wings and robes. Once you and Takeda-Heisho get down here we can speak about our assignment."

Ramiro stood waiting for orders when his comm beeped at him. He quickly checked the message and then excused himself from the group before heading down to the fabrication area. When he entered he gave a quick bow to Sune, as he was Ramiro's superior, and then a quick smile in Kumiko's direction. Ramiro turned back to Sune and then said, "I'm ready for the disguise whenever you are."

Finding his answers adequately answered he sat back down into his seat and just crossed his arms as the rest of the questions were answered. Something about this whole mission was just eating at Mikael. For one he was trained to be a front line soldier not only by the Yamataians, but by his grandfather all those years when he was a child before he died.

"Sneaking around in disguises is for people with no lives. SAINT...........what a joke." he thought to himself as the rest of the brief was completed. As it was finished, he pulled out the demolitions handbook he found titled "Dummies Guide to Demolitions: How to not cause pre-mature explosions." and he made his way to the fabrication area to don his "disguise". Along the way he took a moment to stop and quiz himself on what he skimmed from the few chapters he could read and looking down to see if he was right. He frown as he was wrong a few times. The feeling from before started to rear up again.

He quickly, but carefully donned what was needed to "fool" the Elysians into thinking he was one of them. Once he was done, he tucked the handbook into some hidden pocket, looked at his weapon, and frowned once more. "I seriously need to find something with more firepower I can conceal....." he mumbled to himself.

Hanako stopped by the medical lab, picked out a set of cute little pinkish Plebeian wings, and strapped them onto a bra, carefully putting them through the holes in the back of an Elysian robe. The effect worked well--she looked like a typical lower-class angel. Of course, under her robes, she wore her Star Army uniform and pistol belt.

Once finished, Hanako rode the big cargo elevator down to the dimly-lit cargo bay and passed all the stacked containers and parked vehicles until she reached the rear door panel. There, she waited by the controls for the rest of her team.

Misaki had since discarded all but her pistol belt, and her Type 28 for the mission. The only item of clothing that survived was her bra, so she could use the wings. She had to access several different parameters to alter her appearance to appear that she was some sort of Caelisolan, and might have business wandering around on the station with two Plebeians.

Of course, playing as the Patricians still would have been her preference, but there was little time to formulate a disguise to make her one or two feet taller. Improvise. It's almost the gunship motto. She thought with a laugh, giving her now sandy blond, white streaked hair a little run through with her fingers. The wings she had chosen seemed white, but if one looked long enough it was obvious enough they were grey, right down to where they were red-tipped.

It was going to be better if she was as bare as possible. When she was done, she remembered to get her backup done, then examined one of the robes, before she thought better of just going with holograms, and slid it on. How do I know someone won't grab me and be a little shooty-style alarmed if they find out they can't actually grab my clothes? Well, I'll just project on the uniform if I have to lose the robes. Good enough. Still light, and ready for quick movement. Hmn, I'd better grab an ident and rank, if my presence isn't enough. After a bit of fussing around, the XO secured herself and appeared to shift her eye color from that deep purple to a more common, sparkling green. She wanted to look just normal enough to not be bothered until they could reach their VIPs.

Bravo 1 said:
Bravo 2-Tasuku
Bravo 3-Miyazawa

--Report to the rear ramp as soon as you are ready.

Moving five paces to Hanako's left, the XO came to a stop and smiled over, "How do I look? I thought I would go with a more stated color, so they'd not think much of us, at least not until I show up at the door of the city's most influential people." She smiled a hint, then nodded a few times. In truth, she almost preferred to look more commonplace, but if she seemed to be a Caelisolan, there was a far less chance anyone would question what she was doing in such a time of crisis.

"I hope they're in a good mood, but I don't think evacuating your home would leave anyone in good spirits. This is going to be a sticky one, I think. At least there's no jungle, right?" Kurusu found herself smiling over for just a moment.

Having taken some pale, rosy-tinted wings and donning her robes over her uniform, Konoka made her wey to the rear ramp, skipping slightly, but with less enthusiasm. She was lost in thought. She hoped everyone would be alright. This whole SAINT thing seemed like it was risky, like it could get someone hurt. That seemed to happen a lot now these days. Sighing, Konoka continued on her way. Shaking off the bad thoughts, she thought optimistically, It can't be so bad! I won't let it be! I'll make sure everyone-the crew, the Elysians, everyone-is just okey-dokey!

Smiling to herself, she thought of her favorite phrase: What fate wills will come. After all, she thought, fate does take what we refuse to let happen into account. At least, that was what Konoka believed.

Smiling, she arrived at the rear ramp. She was ready.

After retrieving a small pouch from the side of his power armor and lashing it to his belt Tasuku picked up his disguise. He had large black tipped Caelisolan wings complementing, his black hair, angular face, and blue eyes. All together he made a convincing show of being Elysian and with his muscular build a rather intimidating member of the Elysian's pseudo 'middle class'.

Tasuku kept his uniform on under the Elysian robes but rolled up the sleeves and pant legs a bit to be sure they wouldn't been seen.
He nodded to Konoka with a slight smile as he walked up, but by the time he'd reached the ramp he'd become stone faced. He quietly stood next to Konoka at attention, giving his best Elysian impression.

Sune showed Ramiro the assortment of robes and wings that he could select from. While Ramiro was doing so, Sune shifted any of his star army uniform that was exposed. He attached a Science Scanner to his belt and made sure both it and his side arm were covered in the robe but accessible. With the Science scanner I should be able to detect anyone coming towards us while we are getting the ship specifications. He thought. He moved from side to side and flexed to get a better feel for how the wings would affect his balance.

Once satisfied that none of his Star Army equipment would be exposed, he took stock of what he had put in the toolkit. He placed the hypospray, and liquid bandage from a type 31 Medical kit. And added a PMS-1. At least if anyone was injured along the way, he would have the tools to provide first aid. How likely is it that we will make it through this without injuries.

"Valencia-Heisho, when we get to our objective I want you to keep an eye on the designers. Make sure none of them do anything that could alert others of our presence. I want Takeda-Heisho to monitor the data transfer and make a second backup for emergencies. I am heading to the rear ramp. Join me when you are done."

As he left the fabrication area, he sent a quick message to Junko via his communicator.
Jalen-Heisho said:
Takeda-Heisho, Charlie team will be forming up at the rear ramp. Join up once you are ready. Advise if you are going to be delayed.

Ramiro nodded to Sune and then went over to where the robes were. He looked through until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out a black robe which he then put on and then did the same with a red pair of wings. He walked over to the mirror and, after examining himself, continued on toward the bay. Once he was down by the rear door he walked up behind Sune, double checked his gear was where it should be, and then said "Ready when you are Jalen-Heisho."

Hanako pressed the unlock button and then held her thumb on the button to lower the rear ramp, filling the cargo bay with the loud sound of the door motors running, and then gunfire. Outside of the door, there was an Elysian with an energy machine gun pointing directly at the opening.

Hit in the head, Darnell's body dropped like a stone, his skull in pieces all over the cargo bay and Misaki. Blood was suddenly all over the place as the rookie's neck sprayed everywhere like a hose. Hanako took cover against the wall.

The shooting stopped as soon as it began, as their attacker ran off before the surprise wore off.

The Taisa grabbed the nearby telephone. "Nika, this is the captain. Please do a low-powered scan for LADAR scanners, volumetric cancelers, or anything else that would let someone scan our ship when it landed." She slammed the phone back on the hook.

"Who else is hit?"

A single drop of blood landed on Konoka's forehead. She tried to stare at it, looking kind of cross-eyed. "Eh-uh-euhhhh......." was all she managed to say. What she thought was: Crap like this happens right in front of me way too often. Now, Konoka loved life. And helping others. So why did people so often wind up beyond her help...and...dare she think it? Yep. Dead. She avoided it when she could, but there was no way he was OK. Hadn't she just been hoping everyone would be OK? Hadn't she just thought no, she wouldn't let anything happen?

In truth, she hadn't even had time to act. And then she thought: Could she even fix this? She was proud of the fact she knew just about every medical discpline, from chiropractics to nutrition to dentistry. But among her skills, neurosurgery wasn't one of them. She wasn't even sure a nerosurgeon or even a backup could fix this. The way she saw it, the powers that be were just tryying to make her mad, or make her cry. Was fate trying to tell her that it wasn't worth continuing to be so immaturely optimistic? Well to heck with that.

She couldn't help him. But she could help someone else. She could help pice together what just happened. She could continue with the mission, help her crew, and the Elysians, if that was still an option. She realized now things wouldn't always go as we hoped. True optimism, she now understood, was believing you could keep going anyways.

So, technically, Konoka could still be optimistic. She wouldn't scream or cry, or give up. She could be if not happy, hopeful that this might work out. Wiping the blood off her forehead with the back of her hand, she said quietly, "Umm.....Taisa, I think that changes things a bit. How should we proceed from here? 'Cause we'd better do some proceeding....or something....And we should do something about him, right?" As always, Konoka was never hysterical. She couldn't affford to be. Remaining calm, she waited for some perhqaps slightly revised orders.

At the sound of weapon fire Sune reacted out of instinct, he whirled and grabbed Ramiro pulling them both down to the floor and out of the line of fire. So much for surprise. he thought.

Once on the floor he scrambled for more cover with his weapon drawn. He looked over at Darnell's body. Do not need to be a medic to tell that was a kill shot. At least it was quick. While waiting for a target to present itself, he looked around at the others in the bay to see if anyone else was injured.

Nika had been quietly listening to the briefing as she went about getting some food for herself. From the roster, it seemed she was one of those 'fortunate' ones not assigned to go 'outfield'.

With the breifing finally over and everyone rushing off to start the operation, Nika too, returned to her post at the bridge, monitoring the ship's system as well as the surroundings around the port area. It was was then the signal went abnormally irregular and within moments Hanako's voice echoed through the bridge,

"Nika, this is the captain. Please do a low-powered scan for LADAR scanners, volumetric cancelers, or anything else that would let someone scan our ship when it landed."

The neko jumped into action, retracing the irregular signal with a low power scan, with Charisma quickly processing the information.

"Taisa, it seemed that someone was using a LADAR scanner just before you made your call. Has something happened down at the cargo bay?"

Nika was slighly worried. If someone not from their side found out that they were here. Its going to be hard getting out.

Junko clutched the case to her chest. She had lost herself in the rush to find the little container and reinforce it, as Jalen had asked, before grabbing and donning her disguise. Now, curled up on the floor with her eyes forced shut, she rather wished she could crawl into the case and disappear. Instead, she forced herself to look up at the carnage that had been her shipmate. She felt a moment of panic as her emotions built up to the bursting point but then there was nothing, and she turned coldly away. Slowly working her way aft, keeping behind cover, she came to a halt near Jalen and Valencia, setting the case down as she adjusted her disguise. “Apologies for the delay, Jalen-Heisho. This case has been modified as you requested.”

Tasuku had jumped forward and dropped to one knee spreading the faux wings wide, some of the feathers on the wings ruffled as they absorbed stray bullets that had flown toward Bravo team, he looked down the chrome barrel of his Type 28 NSP ready to return fire but the shooter had run off before he could get him in the NSPs sight.

Dead, Tasuku thought glancing quickly at the broken remains of the fallen scientist.

He stood up quickly and used his wings as cover as he backed up "There!" Tasuku said firmly, directing Konoka toward cover at the side of the bay, and away from where she could be an easy target. A small trail of blood trickled along the outside arm down from his shoulder as he looking out toward the source of the gun fire, his NSP ready to fire back at anything as he looked out carefully trying to pickup sight of any targets, he didn't seem to notice the blood.

Sune turned to Junko feeling a stitch in his side, Must have jammed my side into something when I knocked Ramiro and I down. he thought.

With no further weapon fire, he cautiously rose from his crouched position. Using his free hand to push up, he encountered a wetness. "It would appear that your delay was fortuitous. Seems we had a rather violent welcome. Are you okay?" Once standing he looked at his hand which was covered in blood. Moving his robe to look at the pain he noticed that he was wounded. A moment of examination revealed a second wound in a line with the first. "I appear to have been wounded, it seems to be a flesh wound. I believe nothing vital was struck." He turned to Konoka, "Miyazawa-Hei, when you have a moment I require your assistance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back