• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.2A] Alpha Team / Secure the Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bah!! I don't have time for this crap!!" Mikael screamed when he noticed the two Elysians from the corner of his eyes. Not knowing if these two were infected or not he couldn't shoot them. He took a second to calm a bit and hoped protocol didn't kill him.

He raised both of his arms up, the SMG still in his right hand while he scanned what he could for cover. "I am Santô Hei Harris of the Star Army of Yamatai. I am here to gather up that laundry cart over there." Mikael said nodding towards the laundry cart in sight. Mikael eye'd the pistol pointed at him. "How about we settle this calmly, you verify my credentials and we be on our merry way?"

A small crowd of suspicious Elysians gathered around Mikael while he waited, scanning him for Mishhu parasites and going through checks of his background and employment status. After a couple minutes, it seemed they were satisfied with the information, but they still wanted to know what was going on.

After removing their dirty uniforms, they begrudgingly let him have the cart.

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Mikael said as he holstered his SMG in order to grab and push the laundry cart. "I am not really up to speed on what is completely going on. But one of you two can come along with me to speak to someone that does...if you want to anyways." Mikael said as he started to push the cart into a half-sprint back towards Hanako.

He had to resist saying "Honey I'm home!" when he saw the Taisa within sight. "I had a bit of a delay, but here is the cart as ordered." Mikael said while slowing down.

Hanako led the way into the armory where she typed in a code on a panel and a sealed box on the wall slid out. The Taisa then produced an old-fashioned key the SAINT agent at customs had slipped her and opened the box, revealing the three teleporter units.

"Bring me that cart," Hanako said. "We will place the units in the cart and then cover them with the robe I wore up here. We may have to take the elevators back, so we will need to be extra cautious."

Just then, the intercom began to speak loudly throughout the station.
Station Intercom said:
Warning! Warning! Attention all personnel: A Mishhuvurthyar fleet has entered the system and is approaching the shipyard. All military personnel are to immediately report to their ships or stations. Repeat: All military personnel are to immediately report to their stations. Prepare for battle!
Hanako gave Mikael a concerned look. "We have to hurry."

She flipped open her communicator. "Nika, this is Hanako. Keep the ship ready for launch and combat."

Nika's 'enquiry' was answered by Charlie Team as Jelen-Heisho sent an encrypted message over their secure line.

"Junko is pretty good in what she's doing." Nika grinned with a chuckle as she continued to monitor their secure line, at the same time looking out for any other suspicious messages from the station.

It was then the station's alarm was raised, followed by their announcement of the approaching Mishhuvurthyar fleet. Following that was Hanako's voice through their channel.

"Already begun on that Taisa!" Nika dived back into the ship's interface, "The Eucharis will be ready for evasive flight once everyone is back onboard. Charisma, prepare the Shields and power distribution to the Engines." Her mind was filled with data as Charisma started her operations. She too prepare the Main Cannon, hoping not to use it only at the last moment...

Mikael frowned when the alert of the Mishhuvurthyar fleet came over the speakers. "Persistent little buggers..." Mikael said as he rushed over to where Hanako was. Once he arrived, me moved to start loading the teleporter units into the cart. But he hesitated at the last moment.

"Ahhhh....I think I'll just cover you." Mikael backed away from the box and drew this SMG once again, he begun to look around to see if there was something else he could acquire if crap went down.

Mikael found a plethora of Elysian weapons, including, Xiphos Infantry Blades, Phaelaes War Spears, Shatera, Aioron Grenade Launchers, Atromos Particle Beam Rifles, Dresde Under-Slung Grenade Launchers, Ingtris Flamethrowers, Pestris Pistols, a Pelphrys Particle Pulse Autocannon, Sersis Variable Pistols, and Sperion Mini-Grenades.

Hanako spotted Mikael eying the weaponry. "Well, since we are here..." she said. "It is an emergency. Take what you need."

The Taisa slung an Ingtris Flamethrower over her shoulder and took an Atromos Rifle with an attached Dresde grenade launcher.

Elysian troops began to flood into the room, readying themselves for battle.

Mikael nodded to the Taisa and had to suppress a squeal of delight as he looked over the selection. He moved over to grab a Particle Beam Rifle, but his eyes looked over more when he noticed the Pelphrys Particle Pulse Autocannon. He had to suppress another burst of emotion.

"Well desperate situations call for heavy weaponry." Mikael said as he slung the strap over his shoulder and ordered it to go weightless. But that was all he knew other then how to fire it and the very obvious safety controls.

"Hope this thing has a manual." Mikael said with a nervous chuckle. "Ready when you are ma'am."

Hanako nodded and began pushing the cart out of the armory. When she reached the hallway, she looked for an elevator they could use to get them on the same deck as the Eucharis. There was one nearby. She stopped to remove her phony wings and to retrieve her bloodied Elysian robe, throwing both in the cart to conceal the teleporter units. Then, Hanako got on the cargo elevator platform.

"Deck 50," Hanako ordered Mikael, pointing out the elevator controls with her finger.

Mikael noticed the screws on the metal panel around the controls were shiny, as if someone had recently taken a power drill to them.

Mikael walked along with Hanako, totting around his new toy for the day. Mikael nodded when she mentioned Deck 50 when the arrived at the elevator. He stopped himself just in time from pushing the button.

"This panel has either just underwent some recent maintenance or someone has tampered with it." He eye'd the cart for the sec and shivered for a moment when he thought of the trip up. "Those very likely weigh less then me combined. Can we not think of a way to strap them on you and you take them down? Rather risk my lowly life with this contraption alone then with you here.....ma'am." Mikael said while kneeling to take a closer look at the panel.

"I do not think we should that button." Hanako pulled out her multi-tool, ready to offer it to Mikael. "Do you have demolitions and EOD training?" she asked him. "We should have brought backpacks...that would make much easier to transport these. I wonder if they have the station on lock-down yet."

It was difficult to tell more about what was going on behind the panel without opening it, but when Mikael knelt down, he felt something on his knee...a small bit of plastic stripped from the outside of an electrical wire.

"Actually......no. They did not cover that in Basic Training." Mikael said nervously as he took her multi-tool. "But I have a demolitions manual on me." he said becoming even more nervous. Maybe it was his increasing sense of paranoia created by the situation, but he felt something under his knee.

Picking it up he took a closer look at it. "Well looks like someone was stripping wires. Now to figure why.." he said, showing her the plastic bit. It was his poor attempt of trying to seem confident. "If you look confident, people will believe what you say" as he grandfather always told him. But this situation just seemed just a little overwhelming for a simple "human" like him to comprehend.

"Frill my life" Mikael said still holding the plastic bit and pulling out the manual from his uniform.

Hanako put her multi-tool away. "We should find another route," she said. "See what you can come up with." In the mean time, Hanako attempted to interface with the elevator remotely.

Mikael breathed a very light sigh when he realized he wouldn't have risk both their lives by reading his "Dummies Guide to Demolitions - How not to get yourself blown up". Mikael got back up very slowly, still paranoid being around that panel and slowly walked away.

"If something happens to me and their mistakenly put me in a Nekovalkyrja body...at least I'll be able to learn faster." Mikael said with a very light laugh, looking out of the elevator before looking for a possible alternative route.

"I have an idea," Hanako said. "Go into the Elysian barracks and take a few pillow cases. We can use them to carry the package, if you carry one and I carry two. Backpacks would of course be even better, or a duffel bag. Anything to make the load easier."

Meanwhile, an explosion somewhere in the station made the floor rattle for a second. The lights flickered for a moment, too.

Mikael nodded and ran into a near sprint as me made his way back to the barracks. Mikael looked for any bags along the way. Not seeing anything, he slowed down even more so he could make a more through search of the area. "I wonder where the clothing supply closet for these barracks are." Mikael said out loud, thinking to himself. He looked down briefly at the autocannon he was still totting around and sighed. "Do not need another event to happen like last time......"

Hanako waited impatiently, feeling way too vulnerable, all alone in a strange place where it was nearly impossible to tell friend from foe, standing next to a cart of valuable technology. She began to consider just destroying the teleportation units. She briefly mulled over putting them in the elevator.

Takeru hunked down behind a piece of fallen debris as two enemy soldiers continued to fire on his position. "First a Mishhuvurthyar fleet, now a few intruders, what’s next?," he growled to himself and peered over his cover and at the two enemy soldiers in the distance.

They were hiding around the corners of the intersection, Takeru didn't have a clear shot but they could fire on him all day since his only other piece of cover was several feet behind him and that would take him straight to an armory that he had no access to thus it was a dead end.

As he took periodic glances over his cover he noticed that the two intruders were located directly under the fire suppression system. "Huh," he thought as he moved back behind his cover and held the pistol close to his chest. "I wonder if I can somehow set those off, there's nothing here that is flammable... thus the sensors won't pick up any fires, unless I can trick the system into thinking there 'is' a fire - except if I do that I might get sighted by the commander in charge of this station," he said just as two bolts flew over his cover and into the back wall - leaving black scorch marks where they hit.

He took another glance before searching his surroundings. He saw a panel just a few feet from where he was with two handles on it, he thought for a moment before crawling over to it and pulling it off. He saw various wires coursing their way through the interior, "let's see, this is a power cable," he said and stared at one of the fatter cables in the terminal.

Searching the terminal did him no good, he couldn't find any sort of a pad to access the system nor could he find a way to start a fire downrange. "Guess I'm out of options here," he said as he closed up the terminal.

Just heard the firing stop and pressed his back against the debris, he listened as the sounds of boots had started to get closer. A smile creased his otherwise serious face as he waited for them to get closer, then sprang up from his cover and pumped two shots into the nearest intruder; the body fell limp onto the ground, a pool of blood spreading out from the two holes - one through the helmet and another through the heart.

The other intruder fired but the shot hit the debris; Takeru fired a single shot into the soldiers firing hand, which caused him to drop his weapon. He was about to fire again when he realized his pistol was out of power, cursing lightly at his failure to pay attention he holstered his sidearm and leapt over the debris and toward the soldier - who was already unsheathing his knife.

Thoughts went through his mind as he watched the soldier; the soldier lunged forward. Takeru side stepped and pulled his knife out, quickly stabbing the soldier between the armpits before yanking it out and plunging it through the neck. The body hit the floor with a thud, Takeru smiled at his handy work and quickly pulled the knife out and wiped it off with a cloth he had in his pocket before placing it back in its sheath. He then took out his pistol and changed out the power unit, then looked down the corridor. "I hope I can run into someone who isn't going to shot me," he muttered to himself and took off in a quick sprint.

As he ran, he wondered where everyone was. No one was around, not even another Star Army officer, and the sounds of firefighting had dulled since his own fight. As he came close to a corner, he heard something and turned around and aimed his pistol down the corridor – but saw nothing. “Odd,” he muttered to himself and continued down the corridor. He ran for a few minutes before checking a nearby emergency map. “The elevator.. where is the- ah! There it is!” he smiled and tapped the location on the map.

He only ran for another two minutes before coming around a corner and nearly running into Hanako near the elevator, his pistol to his side he stared at the Star Army captain.

Hanako was a little relieved to see another Star Army uniform amidst the chaos, but she still kept up her guard...anyone could be infected.

"Do not use that elevator," the teal-haired captain warned him. "I believe it is booby-trapped. What is your name, soldier?"

Takeru stared before his brain clicked. "S-Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu," he responded and holstered his pistol. He could tell by her tone that she had to be an officer, just by the way she had asked for his name was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back