• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.4] Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mmm?" the Taii hummed, raising a thin, green eyebrow at Ramiro's confident, forward tone. Internally, Shizu patiently reminded herself that the only officers the crew had ever delt with were Misaki and Hanako. 'Informal' was the polite way to put it. She'd just have to get used to it, again.

Visibly, she forced herself to relax, slumping a bit in the chair, still trying to get comfortable.

"I hope not dressed like that," she offered in reply, unable to help smiling again.

Ramiro grinned at Hamada's response before saying, "Whatever scares them enough to make them run away." He looked around the room, realizing that there had been a lack of fun in a little while. "Who's turn is it? We need to get this game moving again, especially now that we have a new victim."

Sune took a moment to review the situation, "Harris-Hei has been supplied a dare by Kita-Hei, but we are waiting for a victim. I would say that if he does not decide shortly that we move to the next person."

Kumiko resumed her seat, seating herself more carefully this time, to avoid inconveniencing Sune this time. "I agree, we should keep it moving along, that way everyone gets their fair share. Especially since Hamada-Taii is participating now." She smiled at Shizu.

Mikael mulled it over for a bit and shrugged his shoulders. "No victim this time Sune-heisho . I'll just have to make my next turn all the better then." he said. Truth and dare games in the past never went well for him back on his homeworld. And he wasn't about to make his life more miserable on the small ship either.

He shuddered for the moment and headed for the entrance. "If you will all excuse me for a few moments." he said as he slid out.

Shizu rolled her eyes, returning Kumiko's smile. Then her attention settled on the retreating form of Mikeal. For a couple of seconds, she considered what his leaving had to mean. Shizu had never actually been part of a truth or dare game - not even drunk - and if she had to sit through it...

"Have they managed to get you with anything, yet, Harris-hei?"

Sune wanted to ask how things went aboard the YSS Vesper which Shizu had been given command of for its trials just prior to the Veritas mission. However, feeling that it would ruin the jovial atmosphere he refrained. He also could not help but wonder why a officer of a rank sufficient to have her own command would be content with a lower assignment.

Upon hearing Shizu's question Sune glanced at his ICP and look at Shizu, "Hamada-Taii, as the newest member of the group to join the game, perhaps you will provide Harris-Hei with either a truth or dare?"

"Well," Shizu mused, resting her head to the side on her hand, and her elbow on the arm of the chair. This was suddenly a little bit interesting. A dozen options raced through her mind - more than she had believed herself capable of coming up with. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all?

She took another look at Hanako's spray-on tan. The vague dread returned. Shizu didn't have the social nerves for this sort of game, and knew it.

"That's a tough one." The Taii closed her eyes, smiling faintly. "Which would you prefer, Harris-hei? A truth, or a dare?"

Sune took a sip of his water while updating his tracking document. Should be interesting to see what kind of things Hamada-Taii comes up with. I suspect she will come up with something unusual. he thought.

Takeyu glanced at his empty glass and sighed. He looked over his shoulder and at the attendent, who he motioned over to refill his glass.

With a satisfied smile he took a sip and awaited to see what Harris-hei would do. Should be interesting, he thought with a smile.

Sune checked his mail while the group waited for Harris's decision. He saw that his order had been filled and would arrive in the near future.

"While we wait for Harris-Hei's decision, I have an announcement. Since the New Year is upon us, I have purchased each member of the crew some items. The packages are the same, so the men folk may wish to make a gift to either one of the ladies or to a friend of theirs of the StarDust perfume.

Each package contains 1 - Stardust Silver, 1 pr of Uno Sunglasses, and a mid-range Tempri-Sama blanket. The will be delivered shortly. So enjoy."

Sune then did his best to relax with Endoh in his lap, and took a sip of his water.

Takeyu glanced at Sune for a moment and then up at the ceiling in thought. I still need to order those replacements, been tired and worn out since the mission. Perhaps I'll put the replacement order in after we are done here, he looked down at the glass and took yet another sip and then set it down.

"I wonder what our next mission is," he said in a low enough tone that most probably wouldn't hear him.

"Wow, thanks Sune," Ramiro replied at his announcement, "I've always wanted a pair of Unos and was just too lazy to buy one." Then he though about the other thing Sune had suggested. "I even know just the person to re-gift that perfume to, although it might not seem as nice of a gesture since she'll have some of her own." Ramiro grinned as he gave Kumiko a quick wink and then returned his attention to the rest of the room.

"Thank you Sune, though if I may ask, are those of us new to the crew also included?" he asked innocently and in a neutral tone. He didn't want to risk sounding ungreatful in the event the grifts were meant for those already apart of the crew before Oski and him came along.

Kumiko made a face at Ramiro and took a drink of her water. Turning her head, she smiled at Sune. "Thank you for the gifts, it's very thoughtful of you."

"Thank you, Sune," Hanako smiled. She resolved to sort out what to do with the gifts later.

She turned to Harris-hei. "Mikael, you cannot just sit there while the rest of us fall asleep from waiting on you. Go to bed," she ordered him.

"Why don't you pick someone else, Shizu?"

Sune smiled, "I purchased a set for everyone including the new crew members so that no one would be left out. That would not be friendly now would it."

Takeyu smiled sheepishly. "That.. is true," he said in response to Sune. He took another sip from his glass and waited to see what would happen next.

Shizu shifted her pale gray eyes from the retreating form of Mikhal to Hanako. Then she sighed faintly and took her head off her hand, being careful to check that her long hair had not caught on anything.

"Alright, then. Who is left?"

She hadn't even glanced at Sune - his initial surprise at her arrival meant that he had, in fact, left someone out. Short notice was short notice. It didn't bother the Taii.

Mikael thought he expressed his desire to skip his turn, but he resisted the urge to shrug his shoulders and simply made a deep bow. "Aye ma'am." Mikael said as he stood back up and quickly made his way to his cabin, taking the longest way up and down the starbase as possible. He didn't want to get there anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back