• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.4] Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sune kept from laughing but allowed himself a smirk at Hanako's deflating Ramiro's ego a little. I wonder if we will be getting another XO while we are here? I wonder if the sensor analysis that I sent to the Elysians fleet was useful, perhaps that was why the NMX broke off so suddenly. I should probably speak with the Taisa later about my performance on the bridge.

Relaxing he took another sip of his wine. "We do seem to have a knack for coming up with creative solutions for the challenges we encounter. So it is a good thing we have such a diverse group aboard." he said to Oski.

"Diversity goes a long way; if you don't have diversity then there is nothing that makes that crew unique," said Takeyu before he took a sip from his glass. He looked at what was left of his wine and placed the glass on the table.

With a sigh he looked toward the wall before a thought came to him; he then turned his attention to the Taisa. "By the way ma'am, if I may ask, I understand the Eucharis has nine crew cabins, which can have two crewmen each. Will I be bunking with someone or have my own cabin for the time being?"

Nika decided to leave the room to take a quick breather outside, quietly paid the steward for the drinks, leaving Ramiro and Sune discuss about past and present events.

Outside, she lost herself in thoughts, watching the starry sky above her, not knowing that the Taisa and several others had entered the building.

Once she reentered the room, she was surprised to see that it had become rather packed, and also heard her name been spoken out.

"Hmm... flattery won't go anywhere, especially when I almost got you killed Valencia-Heisho..." She grinned, playfully batted his shoulder as she resettled back into her seat, then looked at Hanako, "Taisa... are you angry at me at blowing up both of our shuttles because were being... comprimised?"

Hanako typed up a message for Mikael but ended up sending it to the rest of the crew: "Please join us in the Ikoi's lounge." She followed it up with a message to Konoka: "How are Blueberry and Pineapple?"

"I am displeased that we hit our own soldiers," Hanako told Nika.

To Takeyu, she explained, "Since we do not have a first officer, tt is up to the crew as a whole to decide who is bunking with who. That would be a good thing to talk about during this downtime. Perhaps we could also play some games and get to know each other better."

"A game? Hmm, this'll be fun," said Takeyu as he asked an attendant to refil his glass. Once done he took a sip and smiled. "I guess tonight will be an interesting night indeed."

Sune after finishing his glass of wine, flagged one of the attendants and requested a non-alcoholic cider. Games? No debriefing? Definitely a different after mission situation than the last two missions. he thought. When the attendant returned with his cider, he thanked the attendant and took his glass.

"Taisa I presume that your policy that Cabin 1 be reserved for the First Officer is still in effect? For whenever an Executive Officer is assigned." He paused First we have two Executive Officers and the interpersonal conflict they had, now we have no XO. Curious to say the least. he thought.

"Taisa, can you enlighten us as to what kind of games are you considering?" he inquired.

"I am displeased that we hit our own soldiers," Hanako told Nika.

"Hai... It was a miscalculation my part on not adding the explosive factor of the missles that was fired..." She looked down, her grip tightened on her skirt, "I was too caught up trying to complete the mission..."

Still the reply from Hanako was not the answer she wanted to hear. So does that mean that destroying the shuttles was the right thing? To her it was to prevent the enemy on getting what they wanted. Nika sighed, but quickly shrugged it off on hearing a game was to be played.

"Now its not time to be moody!"

"I was thinking some sort of dare game or maybe word association or something of that nature," Hanako explained. "I am also open to suggestions. Since we have a lot of new crew, we should probably steer away from anything too wild." The golden-eyed Taisa grinned mischievously, sipping her wine once more. "Also, if anyone wants to do any online shopping, we could get items to us before we leave dock if we order them today."

He thought about a game and pondered for a few. "Dare game, huh?" he said and noticed the Taisa's expression. He sighed inwardly and knew that whatever she had planned, it would be interesting indeed.

Ramiro rolled his eyes. Oh great, a game. He looked at his half full glass of wine and downed the entire thing. "And don't worry Himeya-Hei, death will stare us in the face many times in the future, the trick is not letting it bother you." He then turned to the Taisa "Now Taisa, you wouldn't want to give our new recruits a false sense of how this crew really is would you?" He grinned as he looked around at the recruits, trying to read their facial expressions.

Sune was familiar with dare games from his days prior to training aboard the Bouken. Raia would drag him into the games which always seemed designed to embarrass the participants in a good natured manner. While waiting to see if anyone had a better suggestion he pondered the Taisa's suggestion about shopping.

Junko hesitantly followed her communicator’s directions as it lead her toward the Taisa’s location, and that of much of the rest of the crew. The mission to Veritas had left her more than a little shaken, though after her first breakdown she had kept her disquiet more or less to herself. Still, her brief time away from her shipmates had allowed her to sort things out in her own mind; she felt prepared, if not comfortable, to face them again. Slipping through the hatch into the wardroom, Junko glanced about timidly for a moment before moving quickly over to sit next to the rest of the crew. She watched the new crewmembers out of the corner of her eye as she sat; for the moment, though, she decided that waiting to be spoken to before speaking – a policy which had stood her in good stead often before – was best implemented while the others carried on their conversation.

"Well, if no one has any objections, perhaps a game of truth or dare? As general rules, nothing dangerous...and nothing too sexual...it's not late enough for that yet!" Hanako grinned. "Sune, do you want to create a list of who is present that we can use for keeping track of whose turn it is?"

The Taisa poured herself another glass.

Sune who had pulled out is ICP to work on ordering some personal items, lookup and replied. "Certainly Taisa." He surveyed the room and started entering the names of those present. "Takeda-Heisho, good to see you made it." he said with a grin. A quick scan of the room, and a few deft keystrokes and he had all the present members listed. "All members present in the room are listed ma'am."

Busy figuring out the control systems on the escape pods in the cargo bay, Mikael didn't notice his communicator new message tone while he repeatively pulled the emergency release levers to unlock the hatches so how ever was in them would be able to open them when ever

Finishing up with the last one, he made a few last minute checks to make sure he hadn't messed up anything. That is when he noticed the repeated tones coming from his communicator. He looked at it more closely to read the message. "Please join us in the Ikoi's lounge." is what he say from Hanako.

He left the bay to go into his cabin to once again change from the AMES to his work uniform once more. Looking in the mirror to make sure nothing was wrong with it, he made his way towards the lounge.

He look the long route to the lounge so he could organize his thoughts and wave at random people. Finally reaching the doors to the location, he paused for a moment before he entered the place and began to scan around looking for the rest of the crew.

Junko’s eyes went wide as she heard the Taisa’s comment. She started to flush, but willed herself to put it out of mind. Thankfully, Sune’s comment came just in time to distract her. “It is good to be here,” she replied, a small smile crossing her face as she lowered her gaze slightly. She looked up curiously as Sune announced having completed the list. At least, she though, I’ll get to learn the newcomers’ names.

"So, who shall start this game of ours?" asked Takeyu curiously. He looked at his half-empty glass and pondered a few idea's, though he was a bit to embarrassed to say that it had been awhile since he'd last played such a game.

Ramiro grinned at the Taisa's comments. This is going to be fun. New people, welcome to the Eucharis. He looked around, trying to get a grasp of peoples' expressions before butting into the conversation. "I think our fearless leader should begin." He turned to Hanako before adding. "Don't you agree Taisa?"

"Truth or dare, Sune?" the Taisa mischievously grinned.

Oski pinned his head against his palm with a wry grin upon his face. Call it childish, but he'd always had a fondness for these types of games. You got to see all kind of interesting things about the people involved, more so than just their truths, but right down to their preference of revealing themselves or being embarrassed. Everyone had the need to be recognized, to break out of the shell of separation that is our individual perspective, but each chose a unique way of doing so. He took the last sip of his wine a little greedily, watching with anticipation for the game to unfold. Hell, if the game went well enough he might treat himself to an other glass or two before the night was through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…