• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fourteen: Uekiya pt. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Kaiyo II
Power Armor Bay

Sacre joined in the stretching reluctantly. It was somewhat awkward as while many of the exercises were similar for the upper half of their bodies, the lower half was a different matter. How were you supposed to touch your toes, when you didn't have any. Sacre didn't even want to consider how she might do the splits.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

The Arbletross's asymmetrical eyes swept across her console smoothly. She shifted around in her seat and winced slightly, before looking at the controls. Everything seemed to be in order, at least... For now. Somehow her control groups were left untouched, she just realized - that made her job easier, at least.

Power Armor Bay

"Hmm... Damned if you do, damned if you don't, sorta?" Arete's solid faceplate hid her emotions more than perfectly. She thought for a moment, "Well, sometimes, you gotta make that decision when it hurts.It's the only way to learn about situations like this..."

YSS Kaiyo II
Power Armor Bay

In all of his years as infantry, not once did he ever had to do the ballet that is stretching exercises outside of warming up for physical training. So he just stood there, looking to each person and then finally a long stare to the source of this madness. There were a great many things he was and had done in the SAoY that he considered stupid, but this was too far in his mind.

So instead of copying, he just made slight movements around to inspect his power armor. He also debated on if Kyoi just ignored him or not.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo-ii
Power Armour Bay

Wyatt shook his head slightly at the sight unfolding before him, it was an odd feeling - to see the mighty Star Army of Yamatai have it's troops gyrating around like some ecdysiast in the seedy part of town was a strange sight indeed, at least Alastair's proposal concerning the collars had been shut down - the guy always seemed to be carrying some on his person to the point of it almost being unsettling.

Almost

He was baffled by the execution but he could at least think he understood the intention, firing at yourself - even if they came from another dimension - was a very stressful thing to a lot of people so why not try to boost morale prior to undertaking such an event.

The grip on his 50mm gauss bazooka loosened a little as Wyatt almost considered joining, but no, it tightened again and the marksman stood his ground. There was no need to make a fool out of himself when he could barely remember how to Waltz, punching was more his kind of thing anyway - so he let out a small sigh and continued resting against that patch of wall he was so fond of.

Power Armor Bay

There was no need to stretch. Nekovalkyria did not have such trivial organic issues. It was wiser to save energy for proper combat, although Kyoi did do some movements as a final servo check.

"We must contend with the systems the IYS Kaiyo has, however," Kyoi replied to her commander. "It can be assumed the target vessel has at least equal if not better armors than us. Greatest threat: Opposing Kyoi Kiseki. If this u-if I'm now a SAINT, then it is possible the other Kyoi has become some other specialized classification that also requires a strong piloting skill."

"Worst case scenario identified: Opposing Kyoi Kiseki is piloting a Kirie-class THOUGHT armor. Even so, the opposing entity could perhaps still have specialized into a destructive or disruptive sub-classification, such as demolitions or hacking." Kyoi continued, her voice warping between lacking emotion and a much more energetic voice. Inconsistency? Shut up.

She cleared her throat. "Anyways," she finished off, "She's a dangerous one and I think we'll need something heavy either way."

Power Armor Bay

After a few minutes of doing his workout Alastair noticed that most of the crew was not following orders. "Ah come on, you all know how to kill someone from 1000 meters away but doing a few stretches is asking too much." His hands were in the air in disbelief. "When you get a cramp from not stretching don't come crying to me." He said pacing back and forth.

"I tried Eden, this party is your show now. I got things to prep before we launch." He said to Eden as he walked by her towards the box of collars.

YSS Kaiyō II
Power Armor Bay

Eden looked around, "Those not prepped for mission launch, please find your equipment and secure it. We'll form up next to the power armor bay doors. Usually they are open and the force-field contains the bay, but we don't want to take any chances as we jump universes and the doors are closed.

She went on, "If you have a forward-assault-minded loadout, find a position in the front. Mid-range, find a place in the middle. Long-range armament-wearing soldiers, find a place in the back. The Shoi will bring up the rear while I will be amongst those in the front. Let's get going!"

YSS Kaiyo-ii
Power Armour Bay

The order was a breath of fresh air to the marksman, he got a better grip on his weapon and began marching over to the doors where they would be forming up. With his current loadout Wyatt decided he would take the left flank at least until he burned through the mags he had strapped to the forearm shield, then he'd most likely make use of the anti-armour revolvers he was toting and the scalar mg on his shoulder.

That was the plan at least, he was well expecting it to fall through the moment things kicked off but at least he went in with an idea.

"Ready, Shosa" he called out, waiting for others to kick their asses into gear.

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

As the song concluded, he caught something about "catching a cramp." He chuckled to himself. 'Can't cramp if your muscles are synthetic.' He thought smugly.

At Eden's command he moved and stood directly in front of the doors. William had the most close quarters loadout of the crew, so he placed himself at the tip of the spear. He checked his ammo count, loading a red tipped high explosive shell.

He then attached his dual edged lance to his right wrist and nodded to himself. "Ready to go."

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

With barely anything to add, the Minkan only nodded in response. Walter already figured as much, and he felt he had already made a clear decision anyway; now he just has to wait and see what happens next. For all he knew, he might find Edwin... And fate forbid that Walter Hyde meet her again!

Walter glanced over at the formation being made, and smiled softly under his helmet. "I'll take the midsection. Feel free to join me in mid, but ... I finger you wouldn't like your hand forced because of me."

One of his floating gauntlets patted her on the shoulder, and then waved at her, purely to emphasize the puns. Having fun with anybody struck Walter is fairly alien, and yet being in this dimension already changed him just enough to try it out.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

"Roger that." Said Gravity as she gently brought the ship to a halt, checking their sensors for any traffic in front of them in anticipation of the jump. Using her SPINE connection, she checked all around the ships for anything or anyone that could get in the way. Once that was done, she connected to engineering over the comms. She considered calling Kiki personally, but she wanted to include the new guy on his first outing. Goda something? As the pilot, she would be talking to him a lot.

"Hey sweetie, this is Gravity, the pilot. How's the TTD looking? We ready to boost?"

YSS Kaiyo
Engineering

A call came over the comms from the pilot on the bridge asking about the status of the drive. Sweetie? He thought, a little taken aback at the use of the word. Not exactly standard military verbage, but this isnt a standard military ship is it? He still wasnt comfortable with being informal with the other crew.

He pulled up the drive status display. It showed all ready to go. He hit the button to respond to the call. “This is Santô Hei Goda Odo. TTD drive shows all systems green. Power levels show optimal. The drive is ready to be activated.”

He looked around up at the drive. The thought of what it was going to do, made him excited, and also a bit afraid at its power. “I hope its safe to be this close to it when it goes off.” He mumbled to no one in particular. He went back to monitoring the status of the drive.

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

Sacre took her place in the middle of the formation. She preferred the middle as it gave her the best chance of reaching everyone in danger in time. As she waited, she composed a brief message to Gravity. The pilot was likely busy, so she set it to be delivered when she wasn't. 'I'd like to hitch a ride with my girlfriend to get back home. Can you arrange that for me?' Sacre set the message to be sent.

YSS Kaiyo-II
Power Armor Bay

When the call to form up came, Coconut made her way from the armory. If anyone were able to see her face beneath the mindy's helmet, they would notice her looking somewhat less than pleased. She had, thankfully, found a buttpack, and had managed to stuff 6 magazines for the LATR into it, and had an additional two magazines strapped to the chest of her armor with Molecure tape, and one final one taped to the bottom of the magazine that was currently loaded in the rifle. "This only gives me 100 rounds of solid ammunition, plus the energy blast this weapon can produce, though that is less than effective according to the weapon's statistics. It'll have to do," the Neko thought to herself, putting herself around the middle of the group. This way, she was able to keep away from the front but could still react rapidly if necessary.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

Taiyou Hoshi's deep blue eyes looked to Gravity and, for what was not the first time, asked her to engage the TTD.

"Take us in to the IYS Kaiyō's universe, helm. Nice and easy." Hoshi added, "We don't have regular recon or a fort in this universe like we have elsewhere. We have no clue what's waiting for us."

Bridge

Mochi twitched in his plush seat, leaning forwards subconsciously as if he'd be able to spot the other universe before they'd even jumped. Unable to suppress his intellectual curiosity, the Elysian had his emerald eyes glued to the XO station screen, having split off the science functionality from Asuka's sensor station given she didn't have clearance to the science equipment.

Mostly, the Juni's role would be advisory for whatever scenario they were to be thrown into and he was glad to be with Arbs. He could hardly contain himself from gazing at the preliminary TDD's readouts. "Hello again, wonderland." Sein grinned, loud enough for the other bridge crew to notice his quip, the TTD engaging.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

"I think I'm growing used to this feeling," Boss said to the bridge through her olive-skinned and deep blue-haired sprite as it showed itself on several of the viewscreens. She spoke again, "It's... pleasurable."

Hoshi gave a little breath out as she saw the MEGAMI's face, which appeared rarely and not once under her command.

Asuka looked over with a look of dissatisfaction at the scientist, having been locked out of science equipment she normally had access to.

"Boss, is there any way you can override Iemochi-juni's parental controls?" Asuka asked, perturbed.

"Affirmative," she said, nodding on the viewscreen. "There is no reason for Deio-heisho to not have access to the equipment she has been handling since the launch of my first iteration. It would be—" Boss gave pause, looking dumb-founded on screen. "Another ship has exited the transuniversal stream alongside us, starboard-side."

"Vessel identification?" Hoshi asked, standing.

"Plumeria! No SAoY identification. It does not match the known registry of IYS ships nor our own."

Asuka called out, "WARMS is showing a major quantum event in this area in three minutes. Main weapon shock array... of a Plumeria!"

"We're being hailed," Boss said, crossing her arms behind her back while she inhaled deeply, making her B-cup chest push ever outward in her uniform.

Hoshi commanded, "Bring them on screen."

"Hai, Captain," Boss said. Soon, Hoshi was looking on as the prow's main viewscreen showed a woman's portrait as she looked on at the captain and her bridge crew, smiling softly.

She was bestowed with bright pink skin that made Hoshi's own hue look pale. She had sharply pointed, furless ears of the same color. Her orange hair matched that of Asuka's and Hoshi, for a moment, wondered if the sensors operator had birthed a child some time ago surreptitiously.

"This is Chusa Taiyou Hoshi, Captain of a Star Army of Yamatai vessel," she said. "Please state your purpose and identification."

"The same as yours," came a smooth reply from the woman. "I am here to stop your enemy."

"To whom am I speaking?" Hoshi asked, not convinced of anything. "And who is your enemy?"

"I am Pumpkin," said the Nekovalkyrja.

The lights of the bridge lowered significantly and console panels brightened while Boss spoke out throughout engineering, the power armor bay, the science dome, and wherever that mysterious collar-bearing Neko had run off to, saying the change of readiness condition as Hoshi had telepathically ordered her to do so.

"Maximum readiness condition. Combat imminent..." said the MEGAMI to all hands over comms and telepathy, where appropriate.

The orange-haired woman continued, "And my enemy is difficult to quantify in words. If you would allow me to explain myself, I can. Right now I know that you are working to stop an Empire whose cause is Neko supremacy. I am correct, yes?"

"Are you working with them? Are you working against the Yamataian Star Empire, Pumpkin?" Hoshi went on, "Against Himiko? Yui?"

Pumpkin asked, "Why would I? I'm here to help you."

"I don't want to work with you," Hoshi said.

"You'll work with me," Pumpkin replied quickly. "You need my help."

"With what?" Hoshi asked Pumpkin.

"Protecting Yui. Protecting yourselves." Pumpkin said, "and stopping Eve."

"We can do so on our own," Hoshi said.

Pumpkin began, "Would a—"

"Cut the transmission," Hoshi ordered and the screen went blank, then was replaced by a Type 38 Hinomaru. "Jam their comms with Type 31 EWS unless they're talking to us. Barlow-heisho, check with engineering and see if we are reconfigured to utilize aether generators at this time! Chlorate-hei and Iemochi-heisho, please arm the ship. Juni, gather all possible data on this Mishhuvurthyar woman. Thesilis-heisho, apprise the away team that our mission is—" Hoshi was cut off as her heart sank and her deep ocean eyes saw her console's readout.

Asuka spoke, "One more Plumeria just powered down CFS stealth 1 AU out from us," Asuka gasped.

"Identification?" Hoshi asked.

"IYS Uvularia, NG-X28-1230," Boss said over comms.

"Deploy the armor team, apprise the XO!" Hoshi ordered, then looked to her bridge, waiting for answers.

Power Armor Bay

The doors opened on the power armor bay and only one matte-black Plumeria could be seen for a moment before the other shone in the depths of space as it approached. Its shining blue-grey was much like that of a Yamataian main hull.

Boss flooded the XO with information and Teien Eden called out an instant later.

"We have company at the table! That ship," she marked the matte-black one on HUDs of the Mindy in the PA bay, "thinks we're together in this! Attack them and their crew only if and when ordered to by myself or the captain! Otherwise, avoid at all costs! That ship," she marked the blue-grey hulled Plumeria, "is an IYS ship, this universe's Uvularia. We're going to go for their bridge. Forward and on their top deck; it should be easy. Beeline for that and nothing else, we'll get to them before they have time to even think about getting in their PA. Go!"

With that, Eden sprung from the Kaiyō II. As she pushed off of the ramp of the power armor bay, she felt the physical disconnect from her ship that she always hated. They had to protect the Empire, though, and sometimes that meant leaving what you loved behind to do so.

She flew to the IYS Uvularia.

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

William listened to Eden intently as she gave the away team the run down and the doors slid open.

As soon as the XO had took off, the Nepleslian and his obsidian power armor lept from the Kaiyo. Once far enough away, his massive thrusters fired rocketing him away from the ship and towards the enemy.

"Let's do this..." he said to Eden as he pulled slightly ahead of her in the formation. Now that he was safely in open space, the lance in his right hand began to glow hot.

YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge

Anastasia straightened in her seat as the call for TTD Warp came in from command- just across the room. The cobalt-winged Elysian leaned over her console, bringing various monitoring systems online to the ready. She looked over the main feeds from the engineering room, watching the enlisted technicians go about their work. In a way, she missed the bay. She looked up at Hoshi, and then Gravity with her emerald eyes. "We're all online and green. Ready for launch."

She fell comfortably back into her seat, making sure her wings were properly folded away from behind her. The last endeavor here still lingered in her bones, in the form of healed fractures. The ride was surprisingly smooth, the kinetic effects of the transuniversal warp being dampened quite nicely. all was going better than anticipated, so far. Anastasia exhaled, sliding back into position above her console. "I'm seeing no damage to the drive, we should be good to-"

Her voice trailed off as news of more ships exiting the rift swept over the bridge. The veteran cocked her her head as she listened to the bout of transmissions bouncing between the two... and apparently more vessels. She planter her butt right back in her seat as the call maximum readiness came into effect. She swept her hand across the colorful display in front of her, implementing basic security measures in the distant Engineering bay. Not admittedly, there was a little part of her that enjoying pushing the button that made the lights turn red and the blast shutters close- though it felt nicer with an analogue button instead of these digital tiles. "Shutters are down, Chusa."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back