Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: NSS Alliance [[NSS Alliance]] In the Wake of the Storm

Kokuten arched a brow at Mireille as she went for his forearm. He broke out into a smile.

"Well, of course, I'm looking forward to that Delsaurian Dusk. But! I believe you came in here for something, right?" He said, suddenly remember that she had been here for a little while, and needed something from him.

Mireille rubbed her upper midsection, wincing in pain. "I cracked a few ribs when one of the Crooked Demons blasted me into a wall. My back feels rather sore, as well." She said, her tone with a slightly pained inflection.

"Painkillers... would be fine."

"Broken ribs? I don't think drinking will be the only thing we'll be doing after the briefing, Cadet Belmonte." Kokuten assured Mireille, a touch of seriousness in his tone. Nevertheless, he moved to one of the drawers and pulled out a vial of painkiller. He inserted the vial in the injection gun, and then went back to Mireille.

"This'll sting for a few moments, but it should kill the pain in your chest and back for a while." Kokuten said as he gripped her arm, and injected the painkiller into her.

Rico chuckled a bit as he watched Autumn practically bounce around him. When she mentioned him looking depressed, the sergeant pealed away his concerned expression and cracked a wise smirk. He didn't let the mention of Ian bring him down from the smile, either...he figured she got an earful about him from Ian as it was.

"Think I'd rather have that drink, yannow?"

"Nnn..." Mireille gave a slightly bitter grin as the injection was made, and looked back at the medic. Her expression was one of slightly pained gratitude, though she did her best to conceal it. Professionalism first, after all. "I'm guessing that strenuous activities are out of the question."

I wonder what he means by 'not the only thing'...

"Oooohh... you'reright. Chocolateliquer wouldbereally tasty," Autumn replied as she continued her bouncing motion. She was trying to make a more concentrated effort to slow her speech down, it seemed.

"Blowjobshots arereallygreat. They'rerealllytasty. BUTIguess I'd bettersitdown." She quickly leaned in and gave her squad leader a quick kiss on the lips before bouncing towards the rows of chairs where Ian was sitting at the front. She waved happily to Gran and Kagura before sliding onto the chair behind Ian and gently poking him in the back of her head with a finger.

"Youshouldletme winsometimmmmessss!" She half whined at the large ID-SOL as she sat fidgeting on her chair.

"Nothing that would increase pressure on your chest and/or back area. Yes, you shouldn't do anything too physically exerting. Sure, drinking will be fine, but anything like working out, lifting heavy things, or sex, is out of the question." Kokuten explained, his seriousness not drifting on the mention of intercourse.

Mireille sighed quietly and checked her datapad. "I think it would be appropriate for us to leave for debriefing soon, Sergeant Chiaki. Once Adrian is ready... as I scarcely think would look very good if he had charges of streaking on his record.." She said, rather blankly.

Kagura waited for Gran to finish and started to flex her arm and fingers, feeling the circuitry working again. It would take a few moments to get the kinks out of her joints and to make sure that the connection was doing it the right way. "Much better." She said and blinked and nodded to Gran. "I'd appreciate that, thanks for quick repair." She said and waved back to the now high-buzzed Autumn and patted gran on the shoulder.

"Zzzzz..zz..huh..wha?" A terminally drained Deon finally stirred back to life as he heard that announcement. Announcement...AI..racking fracking boltbrain waking me...wait a sec.

"OWW!"

A clang rang out from inside the transport as he stood up a little too quickly, the AIR's feet nearly going out from under him, and hands over his ears inside the cockpit. "Ow..ow..did not need another one of those."

That armor ended up barely out of the shuttle before he tumbled from the cockpit. A little embaressed laugh causing raised eyebrows from the nearby tech's. "Eh..heh..umm..sorry gotta go, I'll park it better next time!"

After a quick sprint by way of the mess hall he skidded into the multipurpose room. Only slightly flustered and still chewing on a quick bite before finding a bit of free space beside Rico. "Sorry for the disappearing act sir, guess an actual fight zoned me more then I thought it would." After his neck got a pop he added. "I think a bunk would be just a smidge more comfortable then an armor suit."

Sergeant Sanroma watched the armorer squirm and squiggle off, cocking an eyebrow at her exceptionally unique 'good-bye'. Rico sighed inwardly as he readjusted himself against the wall...only to have another comrade take up position right next to him. Rico didn't turn to look at Deon as he spoke, instead choosing to nod with a grin as he acknowledged Deon's words.

"'s awright, baby. We all got our shit to do, yeah? Park it here for a spell, you're rollin' with Sergeant Sanroma today," Rico smirked as he stared up at the front of the room, towards the stage and podium as he awaited for the briefing to begin.

Deon let out a small laugh as he relaxed there against the wall. "Heh well I think a meeting is gonna be a little less exciting then before. Though... still up for that drink if we get a chance?"

Adrian was mostly dressed, his pants and boots having made their ways onto his body rather quickly, and he was quickly following with his shirt. One it was on, he ran his hand through his now much shorter hair. I need some dye for this.

He looked across the bay for a moment, and saw his own corpse laying on top of a large, bloody pile. The medic stared for a moment at it, frowning. Then he noticed the discolored pupil in the right socket. "Oh... Hey, Kokuten, you know your way around cybernetics, right?"

Adrian made his way over to the pile, grabbing a scalpel off the table. He pulled his former body out of the pile slightly further, and looked to his fellow Medical Officer. "I kinda want this back. It links right into the optic nerves in the back of my socket, right?"

With that, Adrian plunged the scalpel into the bottom of his former eye socket, pushing the blade under and towards the rear of it.

---------------------------------------

"Now why would I do something like that?" grinned Ian. The massive cadet turned in his seat to look the armorer behind him in the eyes. "Would I get something in return, or just a crushing sense of failure from knowing that I am inferior?" He finished his sentence with an over-exaggerated frown.

Autumn stared back into Ian's steady gaze and half pouted. "Maaaaayyyybbbe.Crushingsenseoffailure?! Nooooitdbesomething morefunnnthanthat. ButIcantsaywhat. Thatdruinthesurprise ifiteverdoeshappen. Oohhyouthink Ishouldget myarmtrickedout? Itdbejustsooo damncoolwithlikeflamesandsharp stabbythings?" She asked, her expression brightening again as she focused her attention on Ian's face. Her left boot was tapping impatiently against the floor of the deck as she placed her hands in her lap and tried to make them stay still.

Ian quickly moved himself over his folding chair and settled in next Autumn. He looped his arm around her and pulled her close. "You really need to settle down. What was in that pie?" he grinned. He sat back in his seat, thinking. "As for your arm, yeah, fill it with shit. How about... a gun that shoots spiders?" he offered, although his voice and face made no distinction as to whether he was being sarcastic or not.

The smaller Geshrin woman squirmed against Ian. "ButIdontwanna sitstillllll," she whined softly before she came to the realization that she wasn't going to be able to break free of the half ID-SOL's grasp. She made an unhappy, pouty face at Ian before leaning against him.

"Spider...gun?" She asked curiously, it was an odd notion that she seemed to consider. "Whattype ofspiders? Likebrainspiders orlarge squishyones? That'dbe kindagross ifthey weresquishy. IfIdidnt useitthey'd dieunless Itook'em outandfed'em."

Cheza pressed her elbows against the wall, pushing herself in an upright position before taking the last hit off her cigarette and dispossed of the butt. Remembering that there was probably someplace she needed to be ... or at least get going to she started down the hallway. Having already showered and eaten she roamed around for a bit before thinking that she might need to start heading towards the multipurpose room. With a heavy sigh she placed her hands in her pockets, thumbs hooked out, and started to head towards the room.

"But... You already have a well-enough eye, you don't need the cybernetic anymore." Kokuten said, in a small-bit of disgust as Adrian mutilated his old body.

Adrian stabbed deeper, working towards the optic nerve. "Hey, I didn't need it when I got it, either. It was just cool." He swished the scalpel around, severing the mechanical nerve. He removed the metal implement, and pulled the metallic object from the now-ruined socket. The medic then reached his fingers in, and with a bit of jiggering, pulled the red eye out.

"You see, it was a gift from my parents, from when I graduated. I can't let it go to waste, can I?" Adrian held the bloody cybernetic out towards Kokuten. "Alright, now, you want to cut it out, or should I?" He tapped below his right eye with the scalpel. "It'll just take a few minutes. Thing clips right into the optic nerve."

=======================================

"Maybe things like the Brain Spiders, only they could bite?" suggested Ian to the small armorer held against him. "I mean, Kagura has that pistol shoved up in her arm, I don't see why you couldn't shoot spiders. You wouldn't even have to feed them." He lifted his hand, pausing for a slightly-less-than appropriate, but quite quick, squeeze on Autumn's chest, and rested his hand on her head.

"Yes, of course, I see nothing wrong with you gouging out a perfectly good eye by yourself." Kokuten said sarcastically, giving Adrian a rather annoyed look.

"If you want, go ahead."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back