• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

oh my GOD dude. XD

I had like, three paragraphs of a draft saved up about asking wether they should sit back and blast them all at the same time with aether cannons and LASR fire, or wait for them to get closer and cut em down, but hell I guess this works too. now we can't use aether cannons though, so thats like, a good portion of our fire power out the window, after all we don't want to murder him with cannon fire. Well most of us any ways.

Also i still need an awnser about the mindy, do they have internal capacitors? Becuase I don't have any mounted on my loadout.

I'll probably post... tommorrow...

@Wyld all power armor have integrated(usually internal, but either way it comes with it without having to use accessories) power systems, most actually use generators or reactors, with capacitors only as back up or auxiliary power.

@Stenos Grimalk , just glad you're on board.

Right, all suits have capacitor systems to some degree @Wyld , with Yamataian ones having some of the best. The shields will work for a while and will even recharge a few times. As for the post that you were saving up, it can still be salvaged. After all, given that this guy is going loud, you can either ask whether or not to power up the aether tap and aether weapons in your suit, or just do it outright. Even if you don't fully power up the suit in this corridor fight, you still have the LASR, grenade launcher and explosives amongst other things.

Last edited:
@Compounds117 That's... Great to hear, buddy. Also, please tell me about this biological projectile, it sounds like an interesting and amusing story!

Well you see, my character Mark threw this really annoying character that stutters at militants after they busted down our door but he was also fat and didn't get far enough to hit them. :D

Deal, Mark doesn't need another needle in the backside.

EDIT: And if he happens to die, someone cut off his head and put it in a jar. I don't like these suits not having that feature.

Last edited:
@Wyld - Aether is basically exotic matter from another dimension. On contact, it behaves similar to antimatter and disintegrates whatever it comes into contact with, but doesn't release anywhere near as much energy, as testified by the fact there's aether based blade weapons around. It's known to be highly penetrative in nature, remaining more cohesive than other directed energy weapons on its own, even if it doesn't have a containment system. If the station had atmosphere, or if you were on a planet, they'd still work; the range would just be shorter and the penetration less.

I'm aware of that now, but a comment form compound a while ago about just shooting them with aether cannons was met with "By all means, let's fire something that will destroy everything us. That should show them whose boss am I right?"

Kind of an OOC knowledge fail on my pat I guess, I got the wrong impression from that response that aether cannons were basically explosive.

Well, I'm not going to let you guys kill yourselves that easily. Look at @Stenos Grimalk 's greatsword for an example. In my opinion, it's actually a good weapon, but it has to be used in the right context, otherwise it'll fall flat. It's best used at close quarters, and preferably with surprise, much like the Plasma Sword from the Halo series. That, or when the enemy is the sort to duel. And like the earlier games, suit functions don't cloak the weapon itself if it's powered - the amount of heat and various disturbances are too much.

Due to that, Neko who are trying to be stealthy prefer the use of transparent Zesuaium blades.

I said that because I imagined Mark going to use some of his "amazing" hand to hand combat skills and unknowingly getting in the way of an aether shot and being murderized.

I actually saw that post, and thought that that could have been a fairly reasonable response in an adreniline fueld rage. That's hilarious actually, and I could have totally seen something like that happening.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back