Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: OIF Atuan [OIF Atuan] Episode 6: Once More With Feeling

Re: Episode 6: Once More With Feeling

Viki did not like what she heard at all. First she did not have her 10mili with her. She did not think very inteligent to take gun with her when she tries to get drunk. She still had her fists but to use them shen needs to get close. She got quite furious hearind transmission from Ged. Her lips went into narrow line of anger. Without a word she took SEP Mark was handing to Kelly.

"I'll borrow this," she said and opened window. THey were going fast, but she was strong and angry. She could handle it. She carefully leaned out of window, her arm, shoulder and head sticking out. Wind goign against her was powerful but bareable. She was started aimin at car infront. She was good shot, but this was one of the hardest hits possibble. She was almost ready to fire when they got to district nine. "Verdamnt!" she shotued. "This place is full of people! I can't possibly fire here and stun rounds won't do anything to that car. Ged, can you get under them a little? Or maybe closer?" She said.

Luca said:
"Y'know wot Taela? A taxi might be too much to ask if this is wot normal life is like for us! If that were a regular car, I could shoot fer the tyres, but... I seriously doubt me bullets cud get through this 'ere Durandium. Ged, any suggestions fer those who follow the path 'o th' most lead?"

Shoot? Why on earth does he want to shoot? It's not like we're in a combat zone. . . Taela thought to herself, finally snapping the safety restraint back into place. "Lucien, why are you shoo-"

CadetNewb said:
" -one of their bitches right here with me, all nice and asleep. Just keep OriSec gummed up so they don't know what's happening and unable to respond. Damnit! If I didn't have to have both my hands on the wheel right now I'd take the girl and - the hell? Screw you Ori-Dogs!"

"Wait, what? Why is there a radio drama on this time of day? And why is it set in-"

And then reality finally dawned on the Neko. Suddenkly in a rather loud voice, she demanded, "BY KETSURUI, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?"

Kitty has claws.

As Victoria leaned out to get a shot, the decorated car in front of them quickly dove down from the skylanes and onto street level. Its horn started to honk, sending random people screaming as they ran out of the way. Not everyone was fast though; the Ita-car still had to pull a hard turn to swerve around an old lady. "Closer? Easily done Victoria." Ged replied.The cars came within a few meters of their prey, as all the civilian traffic and tight housing forced it to slow down. But at the same time, it made a missed shot unaffordable!

"But do you really want to risk it here?" the AI asked her slyly.

Kelly was fuming furious by now. The driver of that car was going to do...some thing to Yoshiko, and not only that, dove right into where the pedestrians were densest. "What the hell? Its like the guy knows exactly what to do or something!" he exclaimed. As he was about to say something else, Taela's cry erupted over the speakers. "It looks like Yoshiko's been kidnapped Taela! And we're right on their tail!"

The car they chased then swerved again and rose slightly, now flying straight across rooftops, backyards and pools.

"I gotta idea!." said Mark, slamming down hit foot and taking control of the vehicle again. He pulled the vehicle close overhead, nearly straight above the painted sportster. Without looking down, he dropped altitude suddenly, quickly jerking back up again before anything could happen. He was playing Chicken.

He rolled down the window and looked a little abashedly at Kelly and Viki. "Uh, sorry for the Nepleslian, kids, but this cat called us 'dogs', I gotta get 'em back, baby."

With his disclamer published, Mark set out to do what he'd had on the back of his mind the whole time:He brought the car down close, stuck his head out the window, and while swerving dangerously close he gave the car a firm-talking-to.

"Now you listen here muthafucka! You best get the hell out that ride before I tear you to fuckin' peices, ya' hear! I ain't afraid o' yo shitty little paint job, I'ma drive all over yo shit, so you best look out, bitch, cuz I don't fuckin' play!"

He screamed it all out at the top of his lungs, his face curled into a contorted face of rage. The Kohanian tribal tattoos on his head and face, combined with his piercing made it look like he was some sort of beast on the hunt as he brought his face ever closer to the windshield of the other car. He swerved along with it, dipping briefly into the pools they passed over for added effect. Whenever the other car was going straight enough for him to get his hand off the wheel, he made sure to deliver a single upright finger of his choosing for them.

"You best be ready to die for your cause, bitch, cuz you gotta run outta gas sometime, son! An' I'll be there, muthafucka!"

Viki's was starting to like Mark's style. Although she did not understood some words she sure she gathered what they were supposed to relay. She then turned to Kelly. "Ged's right I kannicht shoot. I kannicht even shoot at central thruster and even if I could that could kill Yoshiko and who knows how many bystanders. kannicht Ged like get meine Blitzkrieg hier or maybe one Oban? I bet that would get their attention. I mean wir sind Orisec, wir kann bring mecha here kannicht wir? I mean without heavy guns of course." She asked her immediate officer. This was his show after all.

Horatio was just another person living on Dawn. In his case, he was a construction worker, a veteran of the entirety of the massive station's construction from beginning to end to repair and maintenance. He'd dealt with the aftermath of some Mishhu parasites infiltrating security, combing through the rubble for survivors and salvage, then erecting new buildings in the place of those lost. He'd even personally oversaw the repairs to a local hotel and onsen that had received damage too. And this old man and his merry men did it without the help of the new civilian model frames.

But now? They were being made in limited numbers, and their employers were kind enough to lend them a few. He stood off to the side, in awe of the massive machines, re-purposed from destroying to creating. He didn't like them. In fact, he was scared; the old man recognized something built for war, being a veteran himself, and even without weapons systems or real armor, he could have simply known without being told. No. He would have just felt it. "I don't like them. They're too...imposing for my taste."

"Look on the bright side gramps, at least they'll make the heavy lifting easier. Besides, its not like its pink or anything." one of his subordinates replied, recalling a glimpse of a battered pink and pink flame painted custom military model he saw come in to the station to dock.

"Haha! Very funny. Like anyone in their right mind would have one of these in pink." the old man laughed, slapping his leg at the mental image. "Anyways, I still don't like this." Horatio replied, voice serious again as he stared at the impassive metal face. "Its like, it's like it just wants to start walkin on its own, maybe grab me up in its hands and pop my head off or some - " The forman's words were cut short as the frame's visor lit up; it came to life and marched forward towards him. Horatio stumbled back, falling in terror as it neared, the wrist of his hand breaking as he tried to stop the drop. "Hurrrg!" The old man's good hand suddenly clutched at his heart as he landed flat on his back, the helmet absorbing the blow to the back of his head. A horrible pain lanced through his chest. As he lay there, his coworkers panicking and calling for an ambulance, Horatio looked up into the synthetic sky of Dawn as the war machine in sheep's clothing blasted off into the horizon.

'I almost miss those days.' he thought through teary eyes and gritted teeth. Pain briefly spiked. 'Almost.'

The Ita-Car suddenly rose a few feet and attempted to slam into their car as Mark stuck his head out the window; that didn't happen, as Ged, the AI, was on the ball. Their car swerved off sharply to prevent the impact, saving the Mecha Pilot from being killed. "Shit man!" Kelly yelled in shock. "That bastard just tried to pop your head right off!" the dark skinned Nepleslian went on. The decorated car pulled ahead because of the evasive maneuver, but Lucien's car was still in hot pursuit as it barreled forward to pick up the slack, now leading the chase.

Their quarry quickly accelerated and came in low at street level, gunning its propulsion as it headed right for a school. At the worst possible moment, the bells in the distance rang, and students streamed out to get picked up by parents; the airspace was crowded, and this one wasn't even going to stop. "This is insane! He's going to get someone killed!" Kelly roared in range. As the Ita-car neared the crossing, something flickered in at the edge of the man's vision. A great yellow and black blur was coming right at them!

"Victoria, your other taxi has arrived." Ged commented, the construction frame accelerating towards them.

Viki was anxious to deliver some asskicking and arriving mecha was perfect for that. "Wunderbar, Ich danke dich Ged!" She shouted. She gave it a though for a second that Kelly should be the one climbing in. He is more experienced mecha pilot, but this was civilian type which should be much easier to pilot then her Blitzkrieg.

She put safety on Mars energy pistol back on and put it back into his lap. She won't needed it anymore. She then pushed the button to open the doors. Wave of air was very strong but her abwehran physique helped her withstand it. "Herr Ged could you have that Oban catch me so I can get into cockpit bitte?" She said as she prepared to move from taxi to 'taxi'.

Taela was feeling pretty useless, at the moment. Who wouldn't, being too tipsy to pilot anything or shoot properly? The neko found herself gripping the edge of her seat in the back of taxi rather hard, either from rage or anxiety. And of course it had to be YOSHIKO of all people being kidnapped. Of course it would be her.

"Damn."

"Ooh-hoo-hoo-yeah!" A deep, throaty laugh echoed from Mark's throat as he saw the approaching construction Mecha. The former reporter stuck an upraised middle-finger out the window for just a moment before breaking off from the chase and lining up with the new participant in this high-stakes game of Freeze-tag. He deactivated the lock on the rear passenger door and spoke to Viki. "Alright, Smoke, I'll stay close to your ride, baby. Whenever the cockpit opens up, just feel free to jump... Oh, and don't fall out on your ass. They's kids down there, baby."

Lucien was busy trying to spearhead the pursuit against the rogue car, and it was getting easier as the alcohol was slowly draining from his system and getting replaced with weapons grade adrenaline.

He was letting forth a stream of profanities as he went after the car, and he had an idea - force it upwards and away from the school by slamming down on its trunk. So he attempted to do that as Victoria's taxi was arriving.
"Oi, we ain't OriSec ya cowardly bastard!" He roared as he slammed the cars nose into the trunk and pushed downwards, attempting to point the other hovercar upwards and out of the danger zone of the school.

If the other car didn't comply, he had another idea in mind to get him up and away - but he'd have to wait and see for the other driver's reaction...

Since Kelly was attempting to play the role of 'sane man' at the moment, it only made sense that he freaked out. "WHAAAT?!" The team leader started in disbelief. "We're bringing a frame into this chase? This is insane!" Still, he was the passenger here. And if he wasn't careful, he'd turn into a backseat driver. Kelly definitely didn't want to become that, and promptly fell silent again, gritting his teeth and grasping the cushions of the seat as the hovercar hurtled onwards. However, when Taela spoke ever so briefly, he cracked a grin. "I think that's a little too mild for this, don't you think?"

"Easily." Ged replied to Victoria. The frame neared the taxi and brought its hands up to the door, one palm up so she could stand, and the other, acting as a windshield. It cupped closely to her, as though shielding a flickering, wavering flame. "Hop on whenever you feel like it. We're not in a hurry you know." the AI sarcastically remarked. "And think of the children!" he added on to Mark's remark, goading the Abwehran into not messing this up.

The car jumped forward as Lucien floored it, the bumper ramming home. However, since it tried to swerve out of the way, the Ita-Car ended up pulling up and to the right, turning down the next street. Lucien had successfully kept the fiend from running straight into a school zone, but now he found himself hurtling forward at full speed, a crosswalk guard and several children all rapidly growing bigger as he neared!

As Mark's car rounded the corner and took the lead again, he could see that somehow, Sami's face was miraculously unharmed, though, one of the rear lights was smashed, and the bumper was dented. She kept on smiling at them.

"Danke Ged! And I have beautiful ass, those kids should feel happy should it fall on them!" Viki said, chuckled and hopped in the Obans head, she crouched down and held tightly to one of the fingers. She then waited for Ged to move arms to open cockpit and climbed in. It was not easy and she need to use her Abwehran strength well to hold onto the finger and not be swept aways while doing this all.

She closed the cockpit behind and caught the Mirror system. "Okay Ged, pilot ein bisschen long bitte. I need Mirror to to get used to me." She said and did what she needed. Systems around her hopped online and she was skimming fastly through systems. It was quite different to her Asura, more simple and it lacked some programming. But it should be enough.

It sadly could not fly, but it could hover and unlike the cars was much easier to maneuver. "Ha I will call you Steinbrecher!" She called out and found what she was looking for. Afterburner. It had enough energy to double her maximum speed for good two minutes. She activated it and rocketed towards Ita-car looking forward to make few dents on Sami's face as she tried to grab by the trunk. She also hoped that it was not customized too much, because she would hate to get face full of anything. If they can smuggle car like this to catch Yoshi, they could also get any gun on it.

Taela gripped her chair harder as she heard Kelly speak. The quip wasn't exactly pleasing the Neko, and the lingering effects of the alcohol weren't helping much either.

"Shut up, Kelly. Now's not the time for stupid quips!" She finally snarled at what she thought might've been the intercom. It was a little hard to tell, given the fact that she had never actually BEEN in one of these taxis before. Switching targets, she asked, "Ged! Where is OriSec in all this? Certainly there should be more than ZERO guards on duty, right? And can't you predict where that car is heading using some advanced. . . computer. . . thing?"

The slim Abwehran easily slid into the cockpit of of the civilian frame, the streamlined and simplified controls coming to her with ease. It would be easy work to catch up with the car with the powerful propulsion of the Oban, and even though it would be like catching an egg, she'd eventually get it right. At her command, the Oban blasted forward, hand extended out towards the runaway car. It was not meant to be.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY MECHA?!" an old man's voice suddenly assailed Victoria's ears, throwing off her grasp at the moment of truth! A volumetric screen of an angry old man with an oxygen mask popped up right in front of her face. "THAT MECH IS PROPERTY OF MY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH IT!?" the old geezer yelled, the screen suddenly closing in on Victoria as he shouted in anger.

"Gramps! Take it easy, you just had a heart attack!" A younger voice in the background tried to reason.

"TAKE IT EASY? THIS LADY HERE GAVE ME THAT HEART ATTACK!" He went on, a finger pointing at the Abwehran woman accusingly.

Meanwhile.

"Hey! Watch the friendly fire Taela!" Kelly replied in surprise over the comms. Shouldn't she have tossed that stuff in the other direction? "What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" The Nepleslian went on, shocked. Though Kelly now found himself in a sudden bind and at the mercy of all the fury a small and slightly inebriated Neko could muster, at least he wasn't Ged. Poor Ged.

"I had wished to keep this on the down low, considering how it would affect morale, but it appears the situation is not improving." It spoke calmly, a hint of disappointment in its voice. He explained to them, "You see, it appears the network is under extensive attack, and I cannot even contact many of the other AI's at once. The areas we're able to access in the network are slowly being cordoned off by firewalls as well, limiting our movement." He paused briefly before exclaiming in mild surprise. "Oh dear."

As the scenery shifted from suburbia and into a realm of glassy metal skyscrapers, the AI fell silent.

"Well, that's about had it." Mark muttered, punching the nearest speaker with his free hand. "What do we do now, shit storm like this?"

Mark sighed, but kept his foot firm on the accelerator. He watched Viki's new ride like a hawk, careful to stay out of her way in the chase. After her first failed attempt, and their subsequent ejection into the urban area, Mark turned to Kelly, looking for support. "What's your two-bits on this? Can you think of where this cat might be going?"

There we go, there we go. Viki though as she was trying to grab the Ita-car. Then suddenly volumetric head of some old guy appeared in front of her face. It quite startled her and she failed her grabbing attempt. "VERDAMNT!" She shouted and listened to the old man. "You stupid old fart! I am part of ori-sec and I am trying to catch few kidnappers. I will returng you your stupid mecha afterwards!" VIki said to old man as she tried to looke forward around stupid volumetric image. She could see skyscapers coming into view. "Oh damn. Kelly we are going to have a lot of traffic on out hands soon!" She commed to her team leader and accelerated again trying to ignore shouting of old man and tried to catch Ita-car again. "Ein greifer gun would be nice to have now." She whispered as she was closing to her target.

The man looked over the volumetric sheet that he 'held' in his hand, mostly in disbelief at what he was seeing. Still, he managed to keep his composure. "I can see your resume is...quite impressive. But the figures you're suggesting for your salary are - "

"In other words, you'll only grant that if something extraordinary happens, yes?" A brassy and alluring voice asked the Origin employee. The small Neko sitting in the chair looked at him expectantly, a thin smile on her face. He swallowed once, nervously as she watched her lean forward a little.

"Y-yes. More or less Miss Fumihiko." the man replied. She then brought a fingertip to her lip in thought before speaking up again, questioningly.

"Would a car with cartoon characters painted onto it being pursued fit the bill?" Yuno asked her interviewer suddenly.

"I...that is oddly specific, but I suppose so." the Origin job interviewer spoke slowly. To him, she was obviously one hell of a piece of work. Tempting him this way and that, and offering up an unbeatable resume. Combined with a nearly unreasonable demand. She was practically the stereotype of a superhuman Nekovalkyrja.

"And a mecha." she suddenly blurted out. And the next thing he knew, a nice sports car with popular anime characters painted onto its body flew by, perused by several cars and a mecha. Just as she predicted. He let out an explosive sigh, and loosened his tie before slapping down a hand onto the table.

"Well, that's it. You're hired, with your terms." At that, Yuno Fumihiko smiled cutely.

"Hehe~"

"God damn, I'm thinking!" Kelly replied to Mark. He dug through his brain to figure out just where this person was trying to head to. But it didn't make any sense whatsoever! "I can't get a bead at all! This is the central hub with propulsion, reactors and a whole bunch of office buildings." He paused for a moment before shaking his head back and forward. "I really doubt he's trying to blow the whole joint, I mean, as important as Yoshiko is to us, I don't think she's instrumental in mass destruction of the station."

"ORI-SEC? TO HELL WITH THAT!" The old man continued to holler at Victoria. "I WATCHED THOSE DETECTIVE SHOWS BEFORE, AND I KNOW YOU'VE GOTTA SHOW A WARRANT OR SOMETHING BEFORE- " the image suddenly shook as several people came in to wrestle away the comm unit from the old foreman, who fought back, decisively pummeling people with his fists.

The view tumbled, but not before a syringe lanced out, the muffled sound of someone falling heard off screen. Footsteps could be heard nearing the device that was broadcasting on the other side. Heavy, heaving breath could be heard "Now where was I?" The old man started up again, picking up the comm unit and looking Victoria square in the eyes once more. "THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS THESE DAYS?!"

The tight quarters of the decoratively yet functionally built office structures forced the Oban to be careful and not make any sudden moves, but it was only a matter of time before spires and buildings gave way to large open spaces, courtesy of an astoundingly large park. The Ita-Car suddenly accelerated and made a beeline straight for the ground. A single ant, rapidly growing larger, looked up.

Arah.

Taela contemplated all the possibilities. Here she was, a Nekovalkryja with no weap- strike that, she had her SEP - stuck in the back seat of a hovercab going at god knows what speed. An idea occurred to her, incredibly risky, but there was a chance it would work.

"Lucien. . ." She began, attempting to make a sweet smile come to her face amidst her inner turmoil, "Do you think you could fly alongside that car? I'm going to try and climb onto it."

"Aw, hell naw!" Mark shot, gunning the accelerator again, "I am not letting him hurt that person down there!"

Without Ged to save them this time, Mark was confident that he could get underneath the car and knock it away free of any interference from the pesky safety-minded AI. So, without thinking, he put himself and Kelly into danger by gunning it for the painted car, aiming right at its bottom-center-mass. He was determined to throw them off course, even if it meant a severe case of whiplash.

"Scheize!" Viki shouted. Thought control maybe amazing thing, but sometimes it gets the better of you. Viki wondered who might the person down there be. So MIrror system could not do anything else then to zoom on her. Viki could see Arah. "SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!" Viki shouted at old men and turned communications off. She then fired afterburner on full throttle.

VIki shouted as she was closing to Ita-car trying to reach him and catch it. Diverting it from tis cours or maybe stop alltogether. She still had to be careful because Yoshi was inside, but it was Arah down there. "GED! Tell Arah to not ask any question and run! If she has comm on her I mean. DO IT!" She shouted as she was closing on the Ita-car.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back