Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] 4th SF Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fleet Tactical" is what Fleet-Tac means...

It's a display that shows the tactical disposition of the fleet, and more than likely shows the future movements, the known munitions flying around, objects, and also allows the Taisho to give out orders.

Now -- I didn't look up the Wiki on it (is there one?) but I do believe that answers your question.

If what I said was a total can of B, then give the correct answer for Kyoki, please.

That's correct, it's another way to input commands, and relay communication and telemetry in a different format to and from the fleet, and from the fleet bridge.

It is in the wiki, under the Chiharu class.

I figured it stood for fleet tactical.... that is rather obvious. I just didn't know what the station did. But now I do!

Oh yeah, Sharp.

I was going to have Sil explain why he just kicked Arkase in the shins but it came out as two paragraphs of boring explanations, so I gave it the snip. Boiling it down he was going to say that the misalignment causes one side of the joint to wear and that by the time the AIES detects the fault it's usually too late and needs replacing, how Silic detected it was probably a matter of intuition.

Don't worry about it -- and we need to stop "working ahead" and assuming actions, heh -- It's making me a bit confused. I'm probably doing the same thing to you...

I'll wait for reactions, now.

Oh, I just figured Arkase was so itching to get into the action that he wouldn't have minded seeing the annoying engineers back. ;) I can just edit it if you want and you can disarm him in the armor bay, but isn't it Arkase's time off to go crack some heads together?

Not really -- he was just gearing up, and he wouldn't think it appropriate to disarm a fellow soldier unless he had to. He'll wait until they're outside of the Bridge and THEN disarm him, so everything is fine.

Righto, on with the show

BTW quick ninja edit there, just giving some more detail. Still working off hangover so...

Great job! I must apologise that we are not more quickly underway. At the moment, I am on the last few days of the two week warning of 'they're selling your condo, get out now' in the busiest housing season in a college town. I hope you'll all bear with me until Friday night or so when I should have everything cleaned, moved, etc.

<3

Ah, now that the gangs all back together, lets get back to what the Star Army does best. ;)

Hello everyone! Just an update: I have finished moving in more or less, and it's a very nice place. It's a small house outside of the city I go to school in.

I spent a day in the hospital earlier this week, and I'm trying to settle in my husky to the house. I have a picture if anyone wants to see! She's adorable and very mellow (though doesn't seem to get she won't fit through the dog door at 80 pounds) so once she's better with her surroundings it should be nice!

Anyway, that's what has been going on. On to posting!

Eh? You were in the Hospital?

That sounds bad, but if you're posting from your new home, things are better I hope?

Husky... Oh lord. Good luck with that.

Edit: I hope you don't mean Jimmy or I?

I can double post if that'll help break the ice, although it probably means Silic trying shuffle into a corner for a good sulk, and accidentally breaking something.

I doubt he would do that -- the Taisho is going to talk to him.

Just wait for Lilly to post, and it's fine.

Update: Yes, good lord. The problem was the poor thing was sick, too. I had to give her back.

School has started, and things are stabalising. I am still figuring out if I'm going to schedule a surgery or not after all the extra tests I had to go through, I'll let you all know if that becomes a problem vis a vi the plot.

Surgery for you or Surgery for the dog?

It sounds like surgery for the dog, which is terrible. That's a hit below the belt.

If it's for you, then to consider surgery must mean it's pretty bad. I hope you aren't hurting horribly.

Anyway, I hope having FREYA reply to Arkase (I assume he had the access) wasn't wrong -- if it is, I'll edit it out.

Just a quick query, Spirit City is Lori-class Star Fortress right? Just to make absoloutly, postively sure I'm not walking over a cliff. :?

P.S. Lilly, if you're going into surgery please be careful, a fair number of people I know have been or are going under the knife recently, and I can't help but worry. Anyway, you just take as long as you need for whatever, while I try and catch up on something. ;)

No, surgery for me and things haven't been great in the last week, in fact my surgery is now Friday. I've never had it before, but it's supposed to be minor, which of course, none of the pain felt like. Supposedly I'll be able to go back to school on Tuesday, as long as I 'don't lift any heavy book bags' or something.

The good news? Well I should be bed ridden and not worrying about it so much by then. I can watch the forums!

It's an Iori-class, so close. Also everyone make sure to keep a tab on your character bios for me, make sure they're updated. I am sorry for the slow down, I've never had to have surgery before.

The dog as it turns out was sick, and among other things had something wrong with her hips so I had to give her back. If you don't all have my YIM you should! It's Shadryel. If I don't appear online poke me, sometimes I forget to take it of invis.

Hugs,

Me

You just take it easy Lill's, wish'in ya all the best. ;)

Oh, and if you want to chat on IRC, I'm on most days at varying hours (or all hours if I'm on uppers :) ), if you don't feel like downloading a chat program you can be lazy like me and go here. Channel is #StarArmy

Hope you don't mind my little description about Silic unleashing afew gremlins in the system, figured it'd add a bit of atmosphere, I wouldn't be surprised with FREYA gave him a good "talking to" sometime. In fact, he'd probably tweak with the KAMI if it weren't for an armoured door and an almost endless supply of KAMI controlled sprites between him and the computer core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back