• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] 4th SF Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get better fast, Lilly! Wish the best for you.

*Grumbles* I never get on YIM anymore, I probably should though.

And your stuff is perfect, Jimmy.

Hope you don't mind that I stole your 'Hold on' line, Lilly. It just fit with what I decided to write.

Not at all! I'm working on putting up the big tactical overlay, as the next post will be us flashing into the battle. Good luck, everyone!

I had the uncomfortable image of a scotsman holding his kilt when you said that Lilly, let's be careful of the word 'flashing' in the future. What has been imagined cannot be unimagined! :)

Just come out of exams for night school, lots of work because my scriptfu is weak, but it carried me through the exam with a passing mark.

Sorta been hanging out on IRC, wait'in for posts and working on a few other side projects for now, so come back to us Lilly, ve miss joo! TwT

Lilly, are you alive?

Hope all is well! Same at you, Jimmy.

It's been a few weeks since the 16th of September, and nothing has been posted, I'm worried about whether this plot will be continued or not.

Is there a way you can continue without her?

Well, all that's really happening right now is the battle, so even if we close this I think it's important enough to warrant a resolution: Who wins/loses? South Gate is pretty important, and unless we have our characters forget about it entirely, it'll affect our histories as well.

But to do that, we'd need a GM.

If you, or some other GM/Experienced Roleplayer could step in for that (either temporarily or permanently) job it'd be great and we'd be able to end this battle, continue on, or possibly have Lilly appear again on the site while all this is occurring.

I know I'd be willing to temporarily take over the plot, but I know I'm probably not going to be able to make the cut. I have the time, though, and it's a slow plot.

The problem with both of those options above is that we don't know where she'd take the plot, really. I know there will be a battle: That's clear. But past that... really nothing other than the obvious.

That's my two cents, anyway... What are yours, Jimmy?

Before enacting whatever ruling you come to Wes, can we wait 2-3 days to let Lilly have a chance at getting back?

Pretty much the same here Sharp, she didn't really leave us much to go on, and unfortunately neither of us seems experienced enough to pull off this gig. Although, if we throw in our chips and work it out between us, we may just be able to finish this battle at least, but it might read less like a roleplay and more like a novel.

Any other takers/pointers/death threats?

Before enacting whatever ruling you come to Wes, can we wait 2-3 days to let Lilly have a chance at getting back?
Yeah, but you guys have been waiting a long time already.

This isn't the first time Lilly has disappeared. Even back in May, Fred observed:

Fred said:
Tue May 12, 2009 3:56 pm

The Fourth Fleet plot has been stagnant for a long while now - despite Lilly's fairly recent post in the planning thread and the audit posted, the last IC post in the Fourth Fleet dates 2008 (more than 5 months). If there was any tie ins with the 2nd IRC... well... things have been so sluggish that it makes the Celia look fast.

From this post in the NMX Planning Thread in the GM forum:
viewtopic.php?p=54179#p54179

I know I'd be willing to temporarily take over the plot, but I know I'm probably not going to be able to make the cut. I have the time, though, and it's a slow plot.
I'm cool with you being the GM on a temporary or even permanent basis. If you want to do that, juet let me know so I can add you to the GMs usergroup. Once you're in the usergroup you can post in the GM forum and figure out plans for the plot. I would also be willing to temporarily be a GM or Co-GM.

I looked for Lilly's plot plans in the GM forum...they haven't been updated since May 11, 2009. Worse, they don't actually specify what's supposed to happen with this battle or if winning or losing.

I guess it's up to us. Let me know what you want to do.

Wes,
If you would like, I could see about taking a hand on the 4th SF plot until such time as Lilly returns.

I'd be down for that too. I did find find some additional plans to work with. I reposted Lilly's comments on the OOC plan for the battle here in the GM forum. I'd like the remaining 4th Fleet players to comment before we choose the new GM(s).

Also, Lilly, if you are still around this is your last chance to make yourself known. If you're going to disappear for weeks and weeks this plot isn't going to work. I need you to either 1) post regularly...as in every couple days, or 2) Let someone else run the fleet and scale down some of your plans/responsibilities (maybe concentrate on the Shimizu clan or ship designing or something that doesn't require player interaction).

|My Vote|
If Nashoba is willing to take up the plot for a while, then I have no objections: I'm involved in the Aeon plot currently and I think he does wonderfully.

Wes said:
I'm cool with you being the GM on a temporary or even permanent basis. If you want to do that, juet let me know so I can add you to the GMs usergroup. Once you're in the usergroup you can post in the GM forum and figure out plans for the plot. I would also be willing to temporarily be a GM or Co-GM.

You floored me with that! Thanks, Wes. :mrgreen:

Fortunately, I think for all of us, Nashoba has volunteered, and we won't have to experiment with the newbie.

*blink blink*

Don't know what to say about these grim events... but I'm saying I am still alive though.

Whoops! I totally spaced on Kyoki -- you hadn't posted in a long while, I thought you were gone. Sorry.

Hmm, no qualms here, Nash seems a fine candidate for the job.

Also Sharp, if you went on IRC you'd find she's quite active (and popular, apparently 0.o ).

Alright, Brian (Nashoba) is now the 4th Fleet GM until further notice.

I am also willing to assist you, Brian (like if you need someone to post some NMX actions).

Okay folks, give me a day or two to read through the posts, and the planning and then I'll dive in.

And Wes, I would definitely appreciate you posting for the NMX from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back