• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] 7th SF Discussion

I know I'm not your main GM or anything, but as the assistant GM, I'd like a roll call over the next few days to see who is still active and checking back.

I've been attending the JP pads for a couple hours during the last two weeks around when we should have been meeting, though no-one's shown up that I've seen.

I'd be nice to know whether I should do it again this coming week or not, considering it generally requires me to wake up at 4 am. :D

I check here occasionally but have to admit motivation is low at the moment.

Schedules not working out and current pace is hurting me.

Well, I believe we should switch to SP for the moment. There's been one SP post that's a month old, and half a month of inaction before that. In the meantime, this is from Andrew:

I was called out of the country for work, unexpectedly. I have not been home. I understand fully that as GM of the 7th I have a responsibility, unfortunately it being busy season at my work I have little choice over my schedule. It can change dramatically in an instant. I am not abandoning SARP. I am just very very busy. All I can do is promise to get ontop of things when I am free...I can't help that I am in a demanding career and that real life has had to come first. there are nights I don't get back till 2-3am.

Tuesday morning I have a meeting with our VP of Operations at which time I will know what im doing and hopefully some idea of what will be happening then.

I can promise this much. I am not leaving SARP and I still believe in what we are doign there and the story. I just need a few more weeks to get myself regulated.

You might want to have the assistant GM kind of take the wheel and guide the plot until Andrew's availability stabilizes.

I had asked him about that, yes. I got the above in response.

I'm still pondering where I want to take things from here until he gets back, since I'm not 100% privy the plan. I know some general elements, but have to be careful not to close avenues he had hoped to take. I'm still getting a road map together for if this situation continues.

In the meantime, people need to SP some instead of waiting for a JP.

Alright, it's been 4 weeks, we need to start enacting some sort of contingency plan. This forum is not moving so the co-GM thing doesn't seem to be working out.

Players: Would you consider transferring your PCs to active plots? If Andrew returns, you could always request another transfer back.

Sad, but seems to be necessary. I've sent out a PM too, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I feel like I've failed Andrew, but they just aren't biting much...though it seems we've gotten a post today...

I've got my computer back now... though I lost my C Drive completely including about 90% of my original artwork files. 😢 Including the WIP Hayabusa 2 I was doing for you, Tosh. Damn it.

I'm still up for the Seventh Fleet RP -- just waiting for others to post or gm response to my characters actions.

I'll see about transferring Emiko to the Aeon for the time being. I'd really hate to see this RP die though, as it looked like it could be quite fun.

What I might wind up doing is seek new players and start up again with my own plans and such...but if I do that it won't be Andrew's plans we're following. I'd be taking over fully out of necessity.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think that we I should let Andrew's ideas be. The playerbase has pretty much spoken, unless there is sufficient player interest. I haven't come to a full decision, so you should not allow it to stop you from finding new plots if you wish.

Due to Andrew being gone almost two months now and also because the RP has stalled, this forum has been moved to the archives.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back