Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Re: [OOC] Acadia Dicusssion

Teddo said:
kai said:
See: Nepleslians

I said humans, not Americans.

You kids and your three pound fatass burgers.....

Nepleslia is basically Super America, after all.

And the ultra-artery-clogging action of the famous Neppies Three-Pound StimBurger loses it's fattening infamy when you can buy everything from vending-machine cosmetic surgery and hookers in the same gas station.

I love Nepleslia.

Hey guys, just got my character approved and I found a good spot for an introduction of my character Phaedra. As the obviously new green-as-grass recruit; she really has no idea that everyone is on leave, nor the huge amount of crap the IPG put them through.

So yeah...feel free to give her a hard time if your character so chooses. ;)

I was mulling some thoughts over in my head and wanted to run them past you guys. As a footslogging sniper using the Styrling Longbolt, combat effectiveness would be somewhat limited to non-power armored "softies." I was wondering how long the shields on power armor would be able to stand up in a normal engagement, and also if it would be possible to target weak points in a power armor (e.g. targeting lenses, joints, shield generators, etc.). But the main problem for sniping power armor weak points would be the shields, as then you couldn't take the pilot by surprise.

I suggest that a Nepleslian weapon similar to the https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=mb-901s be developed, specifically for anti-armor situations.

The character Echo uses a sniper rifle on foot, but as he is also an ID-SOL; So I figure he should be able to use a massive 12.7mm (.50 cal) rifle without breaking an arm or getting knocked on his ass.

As both Echo and Phaedra don't really use power armor, what if they were both a sort of recon sniper team for the armor guys? (once Phaedra gets enough experience, that is...)

Thoughts?

:shock: Freaking sweet! No Recoil!
The only problem I could see would actually be acquiring one of those...
Unless we happen upon some Freespacers that are selling one.
I wasn't sure if Nepleslians could use Freespacer stuff.
And it's far from standard military issue.
Luckily Phaedra could probably maintain it with no problem, save for replacement parts.

Good thing she has cybernetic implants; otherwise she probably couldn't use it.

My footslogger can actually do something against power armor once she gets one!

...You totally just copied Amelia's flaws. I swear. (Not that it matters I suppose. I barely have the motivation to post on the Acadia anymore.

Dragonnova said:
...You totally just copied Amelia's flaws. I swear. (Not that it matters I suppose. I barely have the motivation to post on the Acadia anymore.
Um...wow...that wasn't intentional in the slightest. I did read most of the bios for the characters on the Acadia, but that was after I had already created Phaedra's bio. Unless these were flaws that weren't in Amelia's character bio and were fleshed out in character; sorry...I tried to be unique.

Amelia and Phaedra seem pretty different to me. Amelia isn't a clone, whereas Phaedra doesn't have a split personality. Their skills (aside from standard marine skills) are rather different.

Maybe I'm completely missing them, but could you point the flaws out to me?

Smaller nuances are negligable, cause they're going to overlap with someone... Noticable ones was her ineptitude at social settings and not having much of a life outside of her service to the military... but maybe I'm misreading something.

It's alright. Like I said... I can't find much of a reason to post anymore. To be honest, I had sort of made Amelia to be more of an infantry or an on-ship combatant. The plot seems to be more Power armor masturbation than anything else. (No offense to the GM's by the way. I know you tried to make it different with the B-side for the last mission and it was largely our fault for not keeping it going.)

Dragonnova said:
Smaller nuances are negligable, cause they're going to overlap with someone... Noticable ones was her ineptitude at social settings and not having much of a life outside of her service to the military... but maybe I'm misreading something.

It's alright. Like I said... I can't find much of a reason to post anymore. To be honest, I had sort of made Amelia to be more of an infantry or an on-ship combatant. The plot seems to be more Power armor masturbation than anything else. (No offense to the GM's by the way. I know you tried to make it different with the B-side for the last mission and it was largely our fault for not keeping it going.)
Okay...now I see where you're coming from. As Phaedra is an inexperienced clone, she is starting as socially inept and with almost no life outside of the military; but she is in no way going to stay that way. If she was only alive for five years and the military was all she knew, it made sense to me. But Phaedra will learn and grow, and become a very different person. Thanks for bringing this to my attention; I'd hate to inadvertently copy someone's character.

*Shrug* Character development is fine. Don't pay any attention to me. I just felt like being onery there.

Although since their psyche is currently the same, maybe the two could have some interaction perhaps?

I'm game. Depends when our characters meet up, but yeah, that would make sense. Did everyone on the B side of the last mission all just stop posting or was there not really any direction to the plot? Or just something else?

Although I can't really say where the plot is going as of yet, I certainly hope it is going toward using power armor and infantry in conjunction (which would make sense, so everyone can fight effectively as a marine unit). And we do have three newer characters, Echo, Lilly, and Phaedra who do not use power armor.

Although currently I think the shuttle needs to take off already...
Unless we're assuming Phaedra was the last one on board and it took off after she got a seat?
I was sort of assuming it took off...at the very least it is preparing to take off.

Only thing that's kind of giving me pause is the fact that there really was no end to the B side. If it kept going, I likely would have given Amelia more injuries, but it didn't... so I don't know what state to leave her in. I suppose it's up to me, but I'm a bit lazy at the moment. :P

I don't know exactly everything about the plot from the last mission, but everyone could have just been "rescued" by the IPG, shipped to Nepleslia, and they are all on medical leave until the rest of the crew joins up with them?
Sort of a cop-out, but it's better than having the plot endlessly in limbo...

It would be funny if one by one the rest of the crew find their way to Trey's place.
"What the hell are all these people doing here!?!"

well, His family does own a farm, so if they go to roger wilco and see a sign advertising real veggies and go 'WTF? real food?" and search it out.

During the previous mission, I copped out by saying someone accidentally poisoned Trey's soup, and he was in the med bay the whole mission.

Dragonnova said:
The plot seems to be more Power armor masturbation than anything else.
cyborgakadjmoose said:
And we do have three newer characters, Echo, Lilly, and Phaedra who do not use power armor.

.....Lilly happens to be a PAsterbator.

Dragonnova said:
Lilly already has issues. We were expecting that much. :P

*facepalm* Go and post, or something. You're directing too much of your weirditude towards OOC.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back