Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but squad Gamma is boarding the Emden in their PA suits, then dismouting and rushing for the bridge? My question is, would a pilot still be able to wear body armor, such as a stripped down version of the Styrling Muur Armor while piloting the suits, or would their be insufficent room?

cyborgakadjmoose said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but squad Gamma is boarding the Emden in their PA suits, then dismouting and rushing for the bridge? My question is, would a pilot still be able to wear body armor, such as a stripped down version of the Styrling Muur Armor while piloting the suits, or would their be insufficent room?
I'm no expert, but I do believe it depends on which suit you use. Some are rather form-fitting while others are more of a cocoon.

I see no reason to dismount a PA once you've boarded. they are made to still be able to fit in corridors, besides the fact that you will probably have forcibly made your way inside, meaning there probably won't be too much atmosphere...

kai said:
I see no reason to dismount a PA once you've boarded. they are made to still be able to fit in corridors, besides the fact that you will probably have forcibly made your way inside, meaning there probably won't be too much atmosphere...
Except for:
Fian said:
"The hallways beyond the Locker Room is intentionally designed to NOT permit Power Armors through. Gamma team is to dismount from their suits and take the bridge.
And it defeats the purpose of having the non-PA squad Gamma in the first place. As for their being almost no atmosphere, I'm certain the ship's blast doors would react to minimize the damage.

Ah. I hadn't read that yet. but I highly doubt you can wear any PA with much body armor on, in any case.

kai said:
Ah. I hadn't read that yet. but I highly doubt you can wear any PA with much body armor on, in any case.
Yeah, I just wondered if marines wearing power armor had a minimally protective suit underneath or anything, as opposed to just BDUs.

You can keep additional gear the backpack or rucksack or whatever that the armour comes with.

You could wear a NIGHT1 in the other Nep PAs, you just have to inflate the pilot's cavity to accommodate an ID-SOL.

Behold.

bonusspritehenrylarge.png

Henry Morris, Hero of the Democratic Imperium and Crooked Demonslayer!
(and of the unreliable image host - for me at least)

Awesome, Luca. He makes Wolverine look prepubescent.

And, based on what Fian said, you can wear just about any infantry armor in a PA. Unless you're already an ID-SOL, in which case it may be an issue. You're fine, though, Phaedra. If the Emden was big enough for a sniper rifle, I wonder how you'd get THAT onto your PA. Prolly have to chuck a weapon to put it on your rear mount.

Too much negative space on the right side, though I'm sure you're doing that because of all the text that will appear there.

Otherwise, looks good.

Dragonnova said:
Nice, althought at first glance it looked like Gyles(?) was grabbing Amelia's chest. Looks pretty nice though.

Who said he wasn't?

I originally had Gyles next to Ducane, and his fingers were caressing his chin...

+++Oh, and I had to adjust the color of Amelia's shirt. It was WAY too light green.

Then his hand needs to be missing, cause Amelia would cut it off for that.

And that's fine. Though I still think Fian's glove should've been facing a guy looking the other way.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back