• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

I was assuming Phaedra was advancing quite a bit behind everyone else to provide some covering fire. I hope my post make more sense now. Not to steal action from anyone, I just figured Phaedra would support the squad as best as she could.

Not at all. Seems pretty in-character to me.

Note: Will always be describing one room ahead for the Power Plant team to make posting easier until further notice.

Making a post, geez, you guys move fast when you want to.

C-Man, I assume Avel is piloting a Hostile with BOLT racks and an HPAR?

For reference, green text is comm-chatter, red is from the Aggressor's external speakers. To recap: Avel's offer of shield drones has been rejected; and Anselm's own drones are protecting Ezra Brand from potential incoming fire.

Looooooooooooooooong post, and I'm not even done writing the Powerplant team's update too. Now imagine if we were dealing with more than two Rippers.

Also, were are all these shield drones coming from? There cannot be more shield drones than there are drone docks in the team.

Combat Status:
1. Ripper A, Destroyed
2. Ripper B, 50% Shields
3. Keladrian 20% Shields
4. Ripper L, 100% Shields
The dead ripper in Crater Delta is not included.

Also, the following message is brought to you by the Nepleslian Ministry of Power Armor.

Attachments

• Deeflection.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 56
There are 11, count them, eleven, shield drones deployed by Viktor Kingston: 3 drones to Avel Sitkeas; 4 to Anselm Wyatt which now protecting Ezra Brand; and the last 4 were allocated to William H. Harrison.

Also: security guards... I was expecting to have mishhu infil-tra-tors... gah, continuing to remain cautious.

Haha Cyber you new avatar made me laug with laughter. I imagined Anselm in his aggresor popping his helem away and girl from you avatar underneath saying in manly voice "I am andlesm the tentacle-killer." and then making manly roar.

Alex stood up to be able to fire mini-missiles and fire a volley of 10 darts to harm rippers shields. She then took arim with her rifle and started firing accurate bursts.

Who are you shooting at here?

Avel, that shotgun isn't going to fit in your PA's hand. That's why there are larger, more powerful weapons built to do bigger, better things. And some of them are built right into the armor.

That is, assuming that I fully understand the dimensions of the Power Armors. Please correct me if I'm wrong, folks.

Hey Acadia Crew!

So, I have some questions for all of you:

I'm writing a screen play for the final project in my Film Studies class, and Wes has given me the okay to set the script in the Star Army Universe!

That being said, I still need some characters. I'm going to use Keladrian, but I would like the entire crew to be involved. Essentially, I would like the Acadia, rather than one person, to be the 'main character.'

Of course, I don't want to use any of your characters without your consent. So if any of you object to me using them, just post it here, pm me, or e-mail me at ndirubio@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. I'll probably post it once I'm done. It has to be 6,000 words minimum.

P.S.S This is only a screen-play. It won't be made into a movie. However, if you allow me to use your character, you will be given full-credit for him/her in the script.

Feel free to borrow Alexandra. But don't do anything too brutal to her (Nah I am just kidding have it you way, it just woudl nice if she survived) and I woudl like to knwo if there will be possibility of reading when you are done.

Permission granted with several conditions if your script makes it into production (I don't care if it's for a school project, I will be prepared regardless).

First: I retain IP rights to the character of Anselm Wyatt, including working as an gopher and character consultant on the set (no charge of course, the privelage of being involved is enough to make me squee; again, I WILL BE PREPARED)

Second: a free ticket to said movie (doesn't have to be first screening, but it'd be nice to not have to pay for 3D) and/or a copy of said movie when it is released to DVD/Bluray/whatever the next new and awesome media format is. I if only one of the two parts of this condition will be fulfilled, a copy of the movie takes priority.

That being said: I apologize for being prepared if your movie (in what I assume is a one-in-a-nonillion chance of happening), but dammit, if it indeed does make it to the big time (a SARP movie would be so totally awesome), I will reap something of my (probably insignificant) contributions.

Also: responding in oblique to ShotJon's post, getting a copy of the project itself once finished would be totally cool; and feel free to kill and/or cyberize Anselm to your heart's content, just let him go out with a somewhat witty last line (Nevar forget the wit!).

Blackbird Lore said:
Avel, that shotgun isn't going to fit in your PA's hand.

No precedent of a Nepleslian Power Armor using weapons designed for non-PA users. I suppose a PA's finger wont fit into the trigger guard, but it is not something that can't be fixed.

Yamataian PAs use the non-PA NSP the same way our PAs use the PA-based LSP though.

Conversely, there are instances of Nepleslian non-PAs using PA weaponry, namely the Anti-PA T1 AM Panzerfaust. The GMs have also postulated that the LSP, HPAR and other smaller PA weapons can be used by ID-Sols or heavily cyberdized Nepleslians, however it would be very unwieldy and semi-automatic only to be remotely controllable.

Blackbird Lore said:
That's why there are larger, more powerful weapons built to do bigger, better things.

This is true. Specifically designed weapons that take advantage of the enhanced strength, electronics support and a power supply provided by a suit outclass the more independent but less powerful non-PA weaponry.

Because of this, all PA weaponry (including the superweak Pulse Laser Array anti-missile system) are capable of fucking up a Nepleslian on foot, but only the high end non-PA weapons are remotely capable of harming a PA.

Blackbird Lore said:
And some of them are built right into the armor.

Nepleslian PA design doctrine states that all weaponry on a PA must be capable of being fired all at once. A marine however only has two fingers to pull triggers with so often than not the other weapons equipped by the PA are either mind-operated (launching of ARROWs for instance) or fully autonomous (PLAs). Again, non-PA weaponry does not have this advantage.

Blackbird Lore said:
That is, assuming that I fully understand the dimensions of the Power Armors. Please correct me if I'm wrong, folks.

There are hardly 'standards' in which tech design go by in this setting, the Ripper for instance only weights 200 KG while a Nep suit is easily 3,000 KG. I would prefer to go by the the author's intention. If it was Wes's intention that the Ripper be a fearsome adversary then I shall interpret it to be such against a Nep suit, regardless of the different weight class.

As such, everything is up to interpretation. Make your own conclusions.

Keladrian Santhis said:
Hey Acadia Crew!
That being said, I still need some characters. I'm going to use Keladrian, but I would like the entire crew to be involved. Essentially, I would like the Acadia, rather than one person, to be the 'main character.'

It is an honor, actually.

I would also give you leave as to deviate from the source material for the sake of telling a good story. The SARP puts a higher priority on Real Life, as such, achieving the highest grade possible takes precedence over accuracy. It is my sincerest wish that you do well in your final.

Good luck with the finals.

BTW: You can mess about with Henry as the engineer/smart guy archetype, you have my permission.

Keladrian Santhis said:
Hey Acadia Crew!
So, I have some questions for all of you:
I'm writing a screen play for the final project in my Film Studies class, and Wes has given me the okay to set the script in the Star Army Universe!
Freaking Awesome!

P.S.S This is only a screen-play. It won't be made into a movie. However, if you allow me to use your character, you will be given full-credit for him/her in the script.
Might I humbly suggest myself to make this screenplay into a movie; considering I have a degree in Video Communications. Now if only I had millions at my disposal, we could make that movie a reality...

And I'd have to agree with Cy83r K0rp53 completely.

But anyways, you have my permission to use Phaedra. She's defintiely the quiet calculating type with some guilt issues to get over.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…