• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Meh, will put up a new post for the Chief's Team within 12 hours if the Powerplant Team doesn't move.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! WAR CRIMINAL 40G!

lol kidding. Just auto brand till you reach the LZ.

Way to not notice that Combat Mode is On, C-Man. But I'll overlook it this time for expediency. Also, HPAR rounds are not high explosive, they are essentially shaped charges.

Power Plant Team: Combat Mode OFF.

Yeah, I'm absolutely terrible at naming things. (See: The old E (ELEMENTAL) Series Power Armors)

Fatboy sounds cute.

"MAKER ITS A CROOKED DEMON, GET IN THE FATBOY!"

Oh and I think a good name for the E3C ship would be the 'Aqua-vit' Rescue ship, mainly because of its fire-fighting and lifesaving roles.

Took a look at what Aqua-vit means and the first 5 or 6 google results are all alcohol.

As this fits entirely with the Nepleslian Theme, Aqua-vit is going to be the new nickname.

yay my idea got used .

tho I didn't know it was an alcohol, I really just melded together 'Aqua Vitae' the waters of life.

N3B should be called a "Lamprey".

The Na-C3D should be called a "Verizon" because it keeps people in contact over long distances despite everyone else not wanting it to. Either that or "Navajo", for obvious reasons.

The C3A should be nicknamed "Big Friggin' Bullet" because... Well, that's pretty much what the thing looks like. A big friggin' rocket-propelled bullet. Like someone shoots it out of an absolutely massive RPB to get it going.

Cipher said:
The Na-C3D should be called a "Verizon"
Absolutely not. In the past I've had lawyers contact me over trademarks; I don't want to repeat the experience.

After reading that thread where basically no marine took a hit and Ripper power armors were treated as target practice, I went to review the Ripper page and found it was missing DR values. That has been corrected.

Here's what players need to know:

It has 15 SP. That's the same amount as a Hostile PA. That means it normally takes three hits from the most powerful type of armor weapon (ADR 5) to take one down. There is also a tougher shielded space version GMs can use for boss dudes.

I apologise as I was absent during that time to direct the players, I was away on a job. Kamf took over for a while. That said, he is not to blame, I only entrusted him to keep the plotship going at all cost, even to the point of letting the players do their thing.

Though, I have explained ICly in the next thread that those Rippers are merely a psychological ruse. The following battle which had just recently concluded is a lot more difficult.

How long ago was I grumbling about this? Probably the beginning of the second mission... meh, should have mentioned it more than just in passing.

Why not put them on Starwiki where everyone can contribute?

I'm not a fan of putting things on the Wiki until they're somewhat complete. That's just my little workshop of doom for projects still in the rough. It'll probably find it's way there before the end of the week though. It's my current project. Oh and artsing, I suck at it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…