Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Sorry for my general lack of "here-ness." School's been hell, trying to make sure everything's in order to graduate and whatnot. I'll try to continue posting as I have been.

Its plot audit time again! The naming and medals is co-curricular but the following instructions is strictly mandatory.

1. Visit the main Acadia page and make sure your character is listed down as a crew. Update it if it isn't. This includes you too, Edvard.

2. Update your character's biodata (history, cash, etc)

3. Make a player page if you haven't already.

4. Check and see if you appear in the player list.

Fian said:
http://nepletech.pbworks.com/Medals

Demonblooded is now working on Medals and Awards for the SMoDIN. These will eventually find their way to your chest so any imput will be appreciated.
Hey DB, for the command medal, I was thinking an image of that one group of flag-raising soldiers would be perfect... forgetting the name of the image. As for the defense medal, a shield behind the SMDIoN plaque/banner would be pretty sweet.

I feel that the Civil defense and the general defense descriptions should be switched. Dunno what it is, just seems like it makes more sense that way.

Note, there has been cases of PLAs taking out like 10 micro-missiles at a time but those mounted on the Shredders are much much larger rounds that wont go down so easily. Regular HPAR-PLA interception works as usual, but brownie points (and a lot less hurt) for those who can figure out other ways to mess with the missiles.

What's the DR for that mortar?

"Very Heavy" According to the FIRE article, I would assume this implies ADR5/SDR1? Go, plasmic tungsten fireballs.

What's the shredder's hull look like... SP5 Hull/SP5 Shields? Oh gods, this is going to be a loooong fight... at least until the Acadia and Emden arrive on-scene anyways. Let's see, that's ten shots per gunboat minimum... I've got 80 shots myself, anyone with a single PAL has 40...

We should be fine as far as taking them down is concerned, surviving is another matter entirely.

And Fian, rate of fire on the PAL states rate of fire at 120RPM (1 shot per five seconds), I assume this might degrade when mounted on the Aggressor, but that should still give us about one shot per case per round (assuming an abstraction of about 10 seconds per round). Which implies, as my number-loving brain is wont to do, that combat is taking place at a rate of 5 seconds per cycle.

120 RPMs is 1 shot every .5 seconds, not every five. working on a ten second round, you could put 20 shots out of that in one round at full fire rate.

Yeah, but if you want to get technical, The way I calculate DR for weapons is per round rather than per bullet. Unless it's missiles, which I stack. Fian may do something similar.

You may want to try some sort of special attack like getting your marksman in position to shoot into the missile bay while it's open for firing. If you could set up chain reaction inside the gunboat it would leave you with one less enemy to deal with. I imagine the other two gunboats would get wise to that trick really fast though (with the benefit of probably shooting a lot less missiles at you).

Well, it's the first time they were ever in battle which made me like "Hey, how did their tactical computers identify them?" I guess they must have got a tip-off from SAINT or something. :P

Wes said:
Well, it's the first time they were ever in battle which made me like "Hey, how did their tactical computers identify them?" I guess they must have got a tip-off from SAINT or something. :P

Well f me, I forgot about that.

Yeah, maybe they did get a tip off from SAINT, since we are in a military alliance of sorts. Either that from the IPG, Rok'Veru is where their headquarters are after all. OR! The Gunboats have appeared earlier in that battle, its just that the Acadia marines are seeing them for the first time.

I only had them identified for convenience, if its a critical error then it isn't so difficult to edit the post.

I'll just leave how much damage (if any) your own characters take from the missile strike up to you guys, just in case you want them to be injured in specific areas for character development.

Also note, you cant reach the Acadia in the next turn just yet, those Shredders will be back for more.

Extra note, if you decide to have your characters wounded to incapacitation, make sure another character or NPC is carrying you up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back