Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Phew it has been an exciting day but I'm going to sleep now.

Titus if you're reading this, you've got some catchup to do.

I'm gonna give this a day or two so the others can read up. Also, I'm waiting on other Nep GM to advance the Senate plot.

So yeah. Hold yer horses.

To make it clear, you'll be able to use your infantry weapons while in Power Armor, only except your aiming and panning would be bloody slow.

The suits arent completely unpowered, radio communications, basic life support, HUD and a single camera to the outside is still active.

Things that are not active are shields, monoeyes, subspace/laser communications, weapons, stealth, pilot health sensors, MEC, among others.

If we are launching in space would it really affect the movements too much? Also, what shape will the thrusters be in?

"Don't worry about me I'm fine.... it's just that this situation's really heavy and it doesn't helped that we're going in practically handicapped."

Pun ahoy!

Titus Brutus said:
If we are launching in space would it really affect the movements too much? Also, what shape will the thrusters be in?

Oh I knew I forgot something. No thrusters, no PA weaponry (including self powered PA weaponry like the HPAR or LSP, you cant support the recoil and weight of those weapons with the unpowered suit, though you can carry them around just in case you survive the thirty minutes).

So if we don't use cover or proper infantry tactic they are essentially really thick and heavy coffins.

This is about right, though remember that a Durandium coffin is good for almost all non-PA small arms!

So who's winning the "Most Heavily Armed" award?

Well, I think I win for most specialized, but not heavily armored. I'm almost completely anti-personnel, with some AP capacity, but I only have my pistol for anything in between.

I think Anselm is at least in the running for 'Most Heavily Armed' with 13 grenades (Plasma/Scalar/Smoke/Move Restrict), HHG with three cylinders worth of red shells, shotgun, smg, and to round it all out he'll be using an HPAR on single shot mode. I've also determined that he's the least likely to get blown up from a chance cook off of ammunition since the most explosive things he carries are smoke/restrict grenades and gunpowder. Worst-case scenario is a scalar pulse fries his nervous system and detonates the eighteen RED rounds (~9 sticks of dynamite?) on his belt.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back