• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

I was just saying, if Deacon's plan had a chance of working, Noboru has a chance of ruining it by giving Bell the impression that the cease-fire was a distraction to get her and the remaining Uniques to lower their weapons, even a little.

He just kinda disappeared. It's happened before with a few other players.

On a related note, does anyone know what happened to Kokuten? I can't recall him posting recently.

He did at one point had a week worth of AFK (it was in off topic) but heck if I know, I thought it saw him on IRC myself.

I have to say that I laughed pretty hard when I read this.

Noo, I was with you guys. I just didn't post too often because there was never anything more to say than "Noboru suppressed the Uniques with fire from his VW".

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, does the CSS Suit look anything like this, by chance?

It's too bad the CSS armor art isn't up anymore.

But from what I remember, that's a pretty close picture. Except we have huge backpacks.

Great big backpacks bolted to the backplate of our armor no less. By the way, can anyone remember if the helmets have a transparent visor or a a more solid faceplate. I think that the helmet is mostly solid, but I can't remember for sure.

@Cipher: Neat pic, by the way. Is that from that Tiberium game that got the axe? There's a sort of C&C vibe to it.

Pah, checking image files. I'm FAR too busy and important to do that!

Ye-eah, it never occurred to me to check...

Moon: What is Cranker using to see Tweak? And Tweak squeezed Yu's arm, intending to reduce the bones to crumbs...though if that didn't work, as it apparently didn't (is the guy robotic? Wouldn't Tweak notice that since she was using thermals in conjunction with her normal vision?), she would dislocate the arm...

Oh. WONDERFUL.

I just re-read the NH-7 manual, looking for the effective EM bands of the Active Stealth and happened on this little tidbit:

[url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nh-7_technical_manual#wickedarms_industries_nh-7y5_type_s:3enpif1g]NH-7 Technical Manual: Appendix B said:
(Impossible to stealth in combat)

Looks like the moment Tweak hit or got hit she should have lost that stealth...so...could we maybe say that since she's NOT a 7y, but an experimental NH-7z type that she's got a little leeway on that? Or acknowledge that as a plot hole?

I feel stupid, and the only reason I did that was because I thought she'd be invisible the whole time...

Stink.

Suggestions on how to fix?

I'd say run with it. After all, she is an experimental (read:upgraded) variation on the stock model. It stands to reason that her subsystems would be superior to a stock NH-7 in at least a few ways.

Though from a game balance perspective, there should probably be some way to keep Tweak from being invisible 24/7 if she wanted to. Maybe enhanced energy drain or something?

Or you could just read it as being imposable to enter stealth in combat.

And I admit that I've been kinda curious about just how Laj didn't managed to have his forearm shattered earlier. After all;

(Emphasis mine)

I didn't say anything earlier, I'm trying to be better about putting words in other people's mouths, but it kinda bugged me. Up til that point, we'd never had any indications that Laj is something other the baseline human, and we haven't had any more since. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but I'm still a little curious.

On an unrelated note; do you guys think getting smacked in the face with a rifle butt would be a moderate or a severe concussion? I'm thinking Cyril's getting himself some post traumatic amnesia.

*Tries to read manual
*Fails to read manual

It depends on how far she can cloak herself, since all the ladies are wearing armor that could in theory see heat, should have seen her anyway.

Then again the "Matrix" speed going on it could have been too quick for anyone to activate it.

Kevyn said:
On an unrelated note; do you guys think getting smacked in the face with a rifle butt would be a moderate or a severe concussion? I'm thinking Cyril's getting himself some post traumatic amnesia.

A moderate concussion, at worst. Considering she would've probably hit Cyril with the flat of the stock, she wouldn't have a lot of windup. Only way it could be worse is if she's really a cyborg :X

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…