• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

The way I see it, our lovely Head Admin sits behind a big desk, but our Villains sits behind bigger desks...

That's a bit unfair. I care a lot about my NPCs...probably more than I should, as I'm constantly giving them their own faces and stories. Several NPCs you all know today were created and given their own backgrounds on a whimsy, or maybe just an attempt to give the Cirrus more of a personal touch, rather than never knowing anything about the people you work with. What your characters feel about what happened is, as always, your own decision, and I enjoy reading the different viewpoints and responses no matter what they are.

The decision to have some of them die was made in order to motivate, and the decision to have the villains escape was made in order to whet the appetite more for the inevitable return and showdown. Of course, nobody ever actually LIKES cliffhangers when they first show their ugly heads; you'll just have to tough it out until the sequel is released. Then you don't mind it as much.

I can see where you're going with that Moonie, but the resolution was just kinda shoved down our throats. I mean, there's plenty of circumstantial evidence to at least hold Vinross and Cranker until there's some sort of investigation. You have to admit that just taking a quick glance and seeing that the dock crew that were butchered have the same wound patterns as the pirates would be a fairly obvious segue if you wanted it. I know that you want them to be reoccurring villains, but there are better ways of doing it. If you want to have them bust out the the brig later, that's fine. But you could at least give us the illusion that there's justice in the world.

Right now, whatever her reasoning is, Montreal just comes off as not careing about her crew. Which, arguably, she really doesn't. Given her actions so far, not just in this plot but in all the others so far that she's appeared, the security staff (at least) come off as a few thousand pigs to test out her crappy equipment and absorb any bullets that happen to be headed in the general direction of her precious precious scientists. The manual labourers seem to come off as just renewable resources. She didn't even spare them a glance.

So far, she hasn't shown any real interest in trying to detain Vinross and Cranker, even if they were acting in a very suspicious manner aboard a government space station. You would think that they would have at least been detained long enough to get their incident report on the situation. But no! They get to walk off free and clear because apparently Montreal cares more about future business then her crew.

I don't know if that's how she's actually thinking. But that's how it'll come off to Cyril at least. He was one of the ones there. Think about how she's going to look once it starts to make its way around the station via the insidious transmissions of Rumor Central.

While I agree with a lot of the diatribe being thrown, I have to give my two cents on Cassifin's action as of late.

Apparently she want's to believe her security team, she wants answers. But she also wants to keep her business contacts. Cassifin's suffering from a conflict of interest, and sadily, the stupid interest won.

Tough it out Moonie? Sequel? Claire's two steps away from leaving if not assaulting her superior. I hadn't meant to give her such a temper, but I can't really deny that it's what she really would honestly do. Whatever Cassefin's reason is, surely she realizes that by earning the wrath of her security team will pretty much leave her and her resources without protection when they decide that they don't feel like fighting for someone who does this sort of thing to them.

And really, moonie. Like you said, no one likes cliffhangers, least of all us. There were far better ways to have them reoccurring than to cement the idea that Cassefin is scum who isn't worth protecting and piss the security team off to the point of flat out mutiny.

Wow, things are getting heated here, both in the thread and here in OOC. I admit that I agree that Moonie could have handled this better. But that having been said, whatever happens next, I think that this definitely merits a cool down episode before we get back to the ongoing denial of meaningful resolutions.

Hell, I'd even run it if Moonie doesn't want to let up on the shit that he drops on Squad 35.

I just hope that she didn't throw a spanner in those works back in the docking bay. I don't think anyone wants a cranky Claire. At least Keziah seems to be taking it in stride.

Yeaahhh, Claire's still going to be a little bitter towards Keziah regardless. She really didn't appreciate the 'gun in the mouth' stunt she pulled on her.

Keziah put the thing towards herself, Cipher. She actually likes Keziah and doesn't like the fact she made her do that.

I'm tempted to have Stovaa shoot out one of Marissa's kneecaps or something, but I won't be here to RP for a day or two, so I'm apprehensive to do anything.

Well I haven't been posting of late since I had all my roleplay energies on the plot I was going to GM, so I haven't been around here for a while and apparently I missed a bombshell.

Yikes, though I wonder if they were not seen while they went to steal whatever they had stolen, and where did the pirates go? Did they vanish after the cannon fired? They couldn't have just teleported in at that very instant unless they had Mindy like tech. If the pirates suddenly disapeared when the power came back on then that would make the newcomers instantly guilty in most people's eyes, unless the whole thing was a staged coup.

Where are the pirate bodies? I'm sure pirates don't have "vaporization on death" technology as well.

It's just too convenient.

Apparently though, this entire episode was ruined because a group of engineer workers got vaporized, when instead of being taken hostage.

Cassies "I have my reasons" better be good reasons.

Well, that might have not been vaporized, but the pirates where hit by some pretty nasty weaponry, and the Uniques might have shoved the bodies into a corner... In any case, they're not of major focus, and our Head Admin, with all her *snicker* glorious knowledge, has all the willpower of a severely beaten dog.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…