• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Keziah would've probably been his neighbor for the first week of that, and she would've visited at least once or twice after she was released. More since Claire's still mad at her

Though I won't be able to do a JP, but at least you can have that for ammunition.

Cyril was Noboru's first real "friend" on Squad 35, so he was in to visit two or three times, probably smuggling illegal substances into the med-bay for his little Irish friend.

I'll oneshot.

Just so you know...don't specifically say "irish" in the roleplay, as there most likely isn't an Ireland~

As for you, Kevyn, post some times you'll be available and we'll see if we can make some magic happen.

The timeskip ruined a perfectly good shot for Jen to clobber someone, but alas I will have to save that maybe.

@Cipher: He'd actually be Arab-Scottish in the real world. Here, he's just a brown skinned spacer with a weird accent.

@Moonie: I'm available any time on Friday and Sunday, and for the next week at least I might be able to find some time after work around seven PM, EST. In the mean time I'll just have Cyril still be resentful for reasons that I won't go into yet.

You know, it's funny. For the most part, the various planets all seem like they have single cultures. You know, Nepleslia is space!America, Yamatai is space!Japan. I can't help but wonder if there's some sort of Planet Scotland out there where people like Cyril's mother comes from. An entire planet of lochs and soggy moorland, dotted with millions of moldering castles and billions of nervous sheep.

Just be glad there is no space!Canada, we have so many different cultures here... Wait, that might actually be diverse...

Other planets in the Nepleslian empire could *eventually* begin developing their own cultures. I know for a fact that I made Delsauria with a certain desert/Arabic culture in mind, and it was easy since it's been a part of the Nepleslian Empire for a while and was essentially a blank slate.

We have plenty of colonizable planets and systems right now, but most of them (especially in the Colonial Expanse) are pretty fresh. It takes time to develop a culture I'd wager, especially if you're already bringing in the stock Nepleslian culture to begin with.

That said, I don't see why certain areas of Nepleslia Core couldn't be culturally separate. Los Apagos is the SARP equivalent of a New York/Los Angelas type city, and we even have a China Town (Or Yammie Town, if you really want to get specific) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have different customs or speech dialects on certain areas of the globe.

When Wes said "hey, this would be a cool idea!" and decided to have the Mishhu storm Nepleslia (because apparently Yamatai is the only force capable of defeating the Mishhu).

If my 'defeat' you mean 'throw ships into the meat grinder until the Mushu leave of their own accord' then yes. Yes they can.

And I'll bet that it happened only in that news post too. I swear, Wes hasn't gotten used to the idea that the non-Yamatai factions aren't NPCs anymore. Fucking annoying. The Battle of the Colonial Expance could have been some kick ass RP for the more combat oriented plots. I mean, that's a pretty signifigant chunk of space to lose over the course of, what, an afternoon?

Wait. We're not in the colonial expance, are we?

Harrison could've ripped a Mishhu's tentacle off and force-fed it back to the beast.

Instead, we have to turn tail and run back to the core planets and puss out until either (A) the Mishhu go away or (B) Once again, the day is saved thanks to the Cat-Girls.

It should be noted that the NMX have invaded our *southern* expanse, and NOT the Colonial Expanse, as the updated star map shows.

It should also be noted that what has happened is perfectly fine with me, and has been discussed already between GMs. It was not Wes' sole and irreversible decision.

Triple notation is required to inform you all that we may or may not involve ourselves in the NMX threat. Obviously, a research station doesn't have much of a purpose in the frontlines.

On-site Mishhu dissection. My only comment.

ANYwho, let's get back to our vacation and stop worrying about the tentacled menace creeping up on us from our galactic behind.

Cipher said:
When Wes said "hey, this would be a cool idea!" and decided to have the Mishhu storm Nepleslia (because apparently Yamatai is the only force capable of defeating the Mishhu).
I updated the map and made the news post based on Revolver's responses received when he asked Nepleslia what the status of Nepleslia's systems were. Because Nepleslia considered those systems excess baggage, the response was they'd already been conquered. Please listen to Moonman before you start spreading misinformation.

And Kevyn, while I agree with you that some RP would have been nice, you'd better watch your mouth or you're out of here.

Okay, I admit that I probably should have worded that a little better. Bad judgement due to posting while irritated and in a hurry. I appologize.

But I do still think that you have a very Yamatai-centric approach to the setting. I've been gone due to work for a while, so the debacle with the Freespacer genocide is still fresh in my memory when I think about the setting. So you can see why I jumpped to the conclusion I did when I saw the news delivered almost in passing on a Yamatai news station. Bit of a flashback there.

Anyway, now that I have heard more of the story from both you and Moonie, I retract all but the regret for the loss of roleplay.

Apology accepted.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…