• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Just you wait. This'll be a full bore hurricane before too long. And then someone'll get murdered. It happens all the time in the books.

Far be it for me to convince you all, but this IS your vacation episode. Cross my heart! ;)

As such, things will be a little different. I've laid out some basic areas in the wikipage for the resort I linked to in the very first post of the episode, however, the map itself isn't static. If there's a general need for a certain store, bar or area, I can add one or two in quietly...BUT, only to facilitate the roleplay.

Your characters are free to do what they want; it's not necessary to follow any of my NPCs; some of them, in fact, might just follow YOU. I will do my best to facilitate all of the interactions with the Resort and Resort Staff myself...but the rest is up to ya'll.

Hopefully we'll see some great development!

MoonMan said:
Far be it for me to convince you all, but this IS your vacation episode. Cross my heart! ;)
*smirks* Y'know, winking isn't the best way to reassure us, lol.

That said, this looks like it'll be fun : )

If you Google 'steampunk accessories' or 'steampunk goggles' I'll bet you'll get a few hits. Or go to a steampunk-themed webcomic like Girl Genius (I'm pretty sure they sell their own gear there, too) and you might find some links or appropriate ads. I haven't checked any of those suggestions out myself, that's just where I'd start looking if I wanted to find some.

I didn't realize I was going for steampunk, those are just Noboru's run-of-the-mill welding goggles. But now that you mention it, and after I've googled a few things, you're kinda right. They do look kinda steampunkish.

well yeah, they are more like traditional welding goggles. But if you paint those rims to look like brass and slap on some extra lenses you can swing in and out... As is, they still wouldn't look out of place in Girl Genius or something.

Also, "Fatherly"? Come on, Cyril ain't that much older. He's obviously angling for the rebound. ;)

Yeah, adding different lenses for Noboru to switch out (kind of like magnifiers, etc. ADD A MONOCLE!) would be badass.

... I know what Noboru's blowing his hard-earned paycheck on.

Don't forget the white lab coat! We need more Yammie mad scientists. Err... Mad engineers?

And I know what Cyril's spending his money on: gaudy, gaudy tropical shirts. The kind to put Magnum PI to shame.

Hawaiian shirts are big export of Hanako's World. :)

It'd be funny to RP out a plot ship that was trying to ship Hawaiian shirts from there past the NMX and into the Nepleslian expanse.

That's the pilot guy from Firefly/Serenity.

... And after watching a few trailers on YouTube and sweeping my eyes over Wikipedia, yes. He's also Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball.

If I remember correctly, he's also one of Heath Ledger's co-stars from A Knight's Tale and the voice of Sonny the Robot from I, Robot (among numerous others).

He is Alan Tudyk, and he is awesome.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back