Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

It might not work 100% of the time, but it DOES have the best bang for your buck of the galaxy. That still means something, right? :D

I think I have the perfect slogan for Freespacer doctors,

Come visit Dr.Dream; %20 of the time, her medicine works every time!

Oh, you're all mean. She DID save Fian's live back on the Bannings when the guy got hit by a SMG burst. It's true she had to use disgusting, questionable-looking and probably toxic slugs to fill the bullet holes, but... hey! he didn't die! :D

*smirks*

Btw, Della, I want to take a moment and say what an absolutely amazing job you're doing with Dream. You're hitting facets of Freespacer mentality that I haven't even considered, especially with the rank thing.

o_o Really, it's no big deal... it's just a matter of "They're clearly not ready for complete freedom. But they're a democracy, and they're heading in the right way."
Dream, being a 'Spacer (and a type three and a druidess) has an intense dislike for any kind of authority. But it's still an authority emanating from a democratic nation. Wrong, but not evil.

I would say the Neppies don't have the 'freedom' that 'Spacer have because we don't get to pulpify/kill off the unproductive people. :P

Well, that's more of a necessity they have because of their living on starships without support from planets, I don't see how it can be related to their society.

Well off the wiki page for 'Spacers:

As they near the the age of twenty, or middle age, their rate of aging increases exponentially. This is considered a humane way of killing off soon-to-be unproductive workers, a necessary evil in a society perpetually starved for water supplies. However, the Freespacers reuse genetic samples to reincarnate the majority of their populace once they die. The only exceptions are those that have proven to be the least productive or undesirable, making Freespacers work harder and providing further justification for preprogrammed death.

I took this as being able to remove undesirables as a choice. Cause Nepleslian's would be called 'barbaric' if they did that. And I do understand that it is to preserve the scarce resources.

But I was just saying that since they automatically remove those that would harm the whole society it seems like that is one reason their freedom 'works'.

Um, they don't grind dissenters or people who disagree with stuff or protesters. When they can't reincarnate everyone, they chose the ones that, if reincarnated, would bring the greatest advantage possible to the Free State.

Nepleslia has the death penalty and it's not considered "barbaric" :D

Well, I didn't mean people like that. I meant people that would act selfishly/deprive other of resources for his own needs/hoard scarce resources while not providing any benefit to the ship he/she is aboard.

But oh well, guess I just don't understand 'Spacers too well at all. :P

I'm sure that there are cases of people getting thrown into the grinders, but from what Jes tells me, it's not common occurrence.

I'm sure that if someone would start being a jackass and NEVER STOPPED the Free State would vote him into the recycler, however. :D

Now that I think about it, it's a lot like Big Brother (the TV show) in space. Only that if you get voted off, you get thrown into a meatgrinder.

Now THAT's a show I'd watch. :D

Della said:
Now that I think about it, it's a lot like Big Brother (the TV show) in space. Only that if you get voted off, you get thrown into a meatgrinder.

Now THAT's a show I'd watch. :D

WHOO! Same here!

Only if the prize they're competing for is being thrown into the meatgrinder last. I hate to see even one of those societal rejects coming out ahead.

Kevyn said:
Only if the prize they're competing for is being thrown into the meatgrinder last. I hate to see even one of those societal rejects coming out ahead.

Yes it could be the prize. To 'get out' of the place. Like that 'Gone With The Blastwave.'

Judging from your reactions, it seems like the American edition of Big Brother sucked about as much as the Italian edition did. :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back