• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

I do appreciate loadouts being posted, guys.

Kai, your Daisy can use one missile pack per leg for a total of 20 useable at any time. Carrying extra missile packs is nice, but I'd say you can probably tape two more around your buttpack area. Once one pack is depleted, another armor-mechanic savvy character will be able to help you remove the empty pack from the hardpoint and replace it with a new one (since replacing individual missiles in the field with lack of tool or time isn't exactly cake).

Kokuten, that barrier module is going to make you about as tough as Nyton's Super Phalanx 'Telemachus'. Bear in mind, however, that with the Daisy's battery pack, recharging it will be a slow affair - when it becomes depleted you'll still have the Daisy's normal barrier for backup (which also recharges faster because it's made for that power output). Expect to only be able to recharge the barrier module between fights.

I see gauss cannons. Those pack a lot of firepower. I hope those whom choose to take these along will use them wisely, so to avoid the 'cannonball fired on a fly' syndrome.

Nyton, I've two issues to tackle concerning you. The first is how Nyton seems to be echoing over stuff Yukari orders. I'm not sure if echoing is standard military practice, or if Nyton is trying to assert his alpha male authority over Yukari given the situation - but it kind of reads as awkward and redundant to me. Perhaps it's fine; I'm just sharing the concern.

The second is how you kind of autoed/godmoded Miyoko into going down, supporting Kotori and grabbing on his gun. If I was Miyoko, I don't see why I wouldn't have gone along and I understand it expedites things as well... but be careful with that, okay?

Oh okay sorry if it's reading awkward. Eh, it kinda happens, you get a lot of repetition in the military so it seemed okay to me. Upper rank gives order and the lowers specify the details on doing it sort of thing. But when read it does get clumsy.

Sorry, Kel, for pushing things. Didn't mean to over reach there.

Fred said:
I see gauss cannons. Those pack a lot of firepower. I hope those whom choose to take these along will use them wisely, so to avoid the 'cannonball fired on a fly' syndrome.

I mainly took the AP 50mm to handle any big, slimy, dangerous thing. At least, bigger than normal. Though, the term 'Frangible' really gets to me. If it's supposed to do damage on levels two below the AT round, why is it designed like a safety round?

Also, AT for the 'just-in-case' situations. Asher's functioning more like a Tank now, than a Grenadier. A tank that spews fire and plasma.

• * Back Module: Ke-M2-W2905-BPX Gauss Cannon Backpack Extension
    * L Forearm: Ke-M2-W2910 Forearm Pulse Cannon (Effectively unlimited ammo)
    * R Forearm: Ke-M2-D3000 Forearm Ellipsoid Shield
    • o R Forearm Ammo: LASR Incendiary ammor (Spare clips taped to the underside)
    * L Shoulder: Ke-M2-W2906 Shoulder-Fired Missile Pod (20 Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield)
    * R Shoulder: Ke-M2-W2905 Shoulder-Fired 50mm Gauss Cannon
    • o R Shoulder Ammo: (78) Depleted Uranium/Nickel Alloy Rod 20 mm - (ADR: 4)
    * L Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
    • o L Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing - (ADR: 2)
    * R Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
    • o R Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing - (ADR: 2)
    * Handheld: Ke-M4-W2901 Light Armor Service Rifle
    • o Handheld Ammo: (200) Hollowpoint, (200) Armor Piercing - ADR 3
      o Handheld Accessory: Ke-M4-W2901 LASR-SLAG - (4) Incendiary, (2) Shrapnel - 1 Shrapnel in each magazine
    * Buttpack: Filled with (20) spare MSAP missiles
    * Secondary handheld: Ke-M2-W2909 Accelerated Plasma Rifle (with Ke-M2-W2909-RGL 50mm Rapid Grenade Launcher)
    • o Handheld Ammo: Effectively unlimited main, 12 Incendiary Grenades for RGL

I'm assuming that Nyton, or one of the other officers, will be taking the Leader pack

Yup. Kotori used one psionic grenade on her to power telekinesis that triggered off all the other psionic grenades in the ship so she could briefly dominate even Eve's mind.

Kyou's back mount is an interesting choice, going for more ammunition with a weapon very close in potency to the Gauss bazooka. Do note that shoulder-mounted weaponry usually force the user to be less mobile and brace in order to fire their powerful payload.

The left forearm Ke-M3-W2707 Forearm Aether Projection Weapon might not be such a great pick, considering how anything that's aether won't work at all where you are.

Finally, like I told Kai, two MSAP missile packs can be strapped over where the buttpack ought to be - that's 40 mini-missiles worth. Just be careful not to fall on your butt. =P

Re: [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Still got one capacitor left!

* Back Module: Ke-M6 "Stealth and Sensor" Electronic Warfare Package
* L Forearm: Ke-M6-D2901 Handheld Elliptoid Shield
* R Forearm: Ke-M6-W2901 Pulse Energy Weapon

• o L Forearm Ammo: Empty

* L Shoulder: Ke-M2-G3000 Shoulder Capacitor
* R Shoulder: Compact Integrated Electronics Suite for M6 Daisy (Leader)

* L Thigh compartment: 4 handheld grenades (2x incendiary, 1x concussion, 1x EMP)
* R Thigh compartment: Empty

* L Leg: Empty
* R Leg: Empty

* Handheld: None

• o Handheld Ammo: SiZi Model 30 plasma cartridges (10 shots left)

* Secondary handheld: Empty

* Buttpack: Empty

The replacement is fine, Aendri. You can edit it in.

Nothing for the left shoulder rack, Doshii?

Oh, note how Nyton seemed to want something special for him. He got it. However, it would be wise to not equate special with 'contextually better'. Nothing stops him from using an Ke-M6-1A. It might be wiser, actually. In which case someone else could choose to use either the pirated Telemachus or the experimental Arethusa instead.

I don't consider it 'better' per se just 'unique.' Anyways, an extra firearm is not a bad idea anyways. It helped out back in the Gate. Better overprepared than under. Guess I need to work on my load out post too.

BTW, you've given me some hard choices to make here. Wish I wasn't so busy elsewhere atm. >_>

Alternatively, one of you could go and carry a Type 27 Meni custom Aether Saber-Rifle.

Even though it won't be able to generate an aether blade, it's still one very mean zesuaium sword single-blade with a battery-powered defensive field when it splits into twin prongs.

Just the sort of weapon you can carry around that would make Cloud Strife go green with envy. =P

Rin's loadout:
  • Back Module: Ke-M2-P2904 Barrier Shield Module
    L Forearm: Ke-M6-D2901 Handheld Elliptoid Shield
    • L Forearm Ammo: Technician Toolkit
    R Forearm: Ke-M6-W2901 Pulse Energy Weapon
    L Shoulder: Ke-M2-G3000 Shoulder Capacitor
    R Shoulder: Ke-M2-G3000 Shoulder Capacitor (Used)
    L Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
    • L Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing.
    R Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
    • R Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing.
    Handheld: Ke-M4-W2901 Light Armor Service Rifle
    • Handheld Ammo: (100+Used) Standard , (200) Armor-Piercing(Loaded)
      Handheld Accessory: Ke-M4-W2901 LASR-SLAG
      • Accessory Ammo: (1) Incendiary (Loaded), (3) Shrapnel
    Buttpack: Spare (200) LASR Armor-Piercing rounds
    Secondary handheld: Ke-M2-W2909 Accelerated Plasma Rifle
    • Handheld Ammo: Effectively unlimited

Hope this works!

*Hops back on the bandwagon he started, now with more ammo!*

Code:
    * Back Module: Ke-M2-P2904 Barrier Shield Module - (SP: 10) Threshold 4 (Mecha)
    * L Forearm: Yama-Dura Shield - (SP: 8)
    * R Forearm: Plasma Torch/Gun
          o R Forearm Ammo: (Unlimited) Plasma Generator [SDR: 1(Torch), MDR: 3(Gun)]
    * L Shoulder: Weapon Mount: Accalerated Plasma Rifle+ RGL
          o L Shoulder Ammo: effectively unlimited (12 rounds for RGL)
    * R Shoulder: Ke-M2-W2905 Shoulder-Fired 50mm Gauss Cannon
          o R Shoulder Ammo: (18) Depleted Uranium/Nickel Alloy Rod 20 mm - (ADR: 4)
    * L Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
          o L Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing - (ADR: 2)
    * R Leg: Ke-M2-W2907 Countermeasure Augmentation Pods
          o L Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing - (ADR: 2)
    * Handheld: LASR + SLAG
          o Handheld Ammo: (200/6)+ 2x 200 for LASR
    * Buttpack: 2 extra Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods (20 extra missiles)

• Back Module: Ke-M2-P2904 Barrier Shield Module - (SP: 10) Threshold 4 (Mecha)
  • L Forearm: Yama-Dura Shield - (SP: 8)
  • R Forearm: Plasma Torch/Gun
    • R Forearm Ammo: (Unlimited) Plasma Generator [SDR: 1(Torch), MDR: 3(Gun)]
  • L Shoulder: Weapon Mount: Ke-M2-W2904 Flamethrower
    • L Shoulder Ammo: (60 sec) Plasma Canister - (DR: Smokin' Hot)
  • R Shoulder: Ke-M2-W2905 Shoulder-Fired 50mm Gauss Cannon
    • R Shoulder Ammo: (18) Depleted Uranium/Nickel Alloy Rod 20 mm - (ADR: 4)
  • L Leg: Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
    • L Leg Ammo: (10) Ke-M2-W2908-MSAP Multi-purpose Shield and Armor Piercing - (ADR: 2)
  • R Leg: Ke-M2-W2907 Countermeasure Augmentation Pods
  • Handheld: Ke-M6-W3000 50mm Gauss Bazooka
    • Handheld Ammo: (18) Frangible 50mm - (ADR: 2)
  • Buttpack: (2) (60 sec) Plasma Canisters
  • Core Specific: Energy Cloak Projector (SP:4)

Never used that buttpack! Probably should. How many fiery death canisters can I shove into one of those rear-mounted satchels?

Edit: Ok! So I decided to go with a layout that would be suited to shore up any imbalances in our group. Working with Aendri and Koku (thanks you two), we've crafted a good ol' defensive-minded, anti-missile/scouting layout. Hope this works.

Code:
Dorsal: Ke-M2-E3000 Leader Support Pack 
ShoulderL:Ke-M2-G3000 Shoulder Capacitor 
ShoulderR:Ke-M2-P3001 Energy Cloak Shield Projector 
ThighR:Ke-M2-W3002 Leg NSB Launchers  
ThighL:Ke-M2-W2903 Upper Leg NSD Launchers
ForearmL:Ke-M2-D3000 Forearm Ellipsoid Shield (with Tech Kit), ForearmR:Ke-M2-W2902 Forearm Weapons
LASR (w SLAG)

Buttpack full of spare grenades, LASR clips

Lots of drones for scouting and missile defense (and sniping support!). Also, a backup Leadership pack in case we need to split up or Yukari dies. :(

And, of course, the trusty LASR and shield, two things Tom has never gone without. XD

Okay, so...

Rin - very solid loadout.

Kai - again - strap 2 missile packs over the buttpack location tops, 4 is too much bulk for that location (you're sticking something like two 2-liters milk cartons behind your hipbone).

Kokuten - for the flamethrower canister, I'd top at 2 of those as well over the buttpack location.

Tom - this is a M10 and not a M6 Daisy? A lot of your picks are default Daisy components, y'know?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back