• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Hmmmm, communism. Is there something I can do with the power armors until then? Can I train without Project Inoue?

I gets me back on Saturday night, guys, but that night is locked out. If we're going to be slotting something for next week someone drop me a line! It's cool and all visting with friends and family but it gets boring when nightfall hits. Give me something to do!

1155807328072.jpg

It looks kinda nifty without it's STL engines o_O

That's how the Miharu is right now. Underbelly has been woked on some and I'm tweaking the wings.

For those curious about what I am up to, here's some eye candy.

1156148667927.jpg

The mesh for the Himiko-class is done. It's all smooth and shiny, with turrets and the winglike tappering sublight engines (go in the image board for other more detailed views of the ship - I can only post small ones here on request from Wes). All that's left to complete it is to texture it.

However, the mesh being complete solves a prerequisite I had about the ship: now that I know how it's shaped and how big it is, I'll be able to work on detailed interior maps/descriptions.I suppose I might be a bit obsessive on the details, but once it's done, well, it should hopefully be spiffying awesome ^_^ (I hope, considering I worked 4 months on the thing).

School is ending in the next couple of days, so, I remain tied up. However, I wanted you to know that progress was being done and once my schedule is clear, I'm all for getting started in earnest.

So, please, bear up with me for a few more days. I'm almost done! ^_^;

Impressive artistic ability. I could only wish to be able to do that kind of work.

We're JPing. Next thursday. I'll try to put in some work to complete the Miharu, but she might not be spaceworthy by then.

Then again, we're set for armor training, right?

so, thursday 8:30 PM EST

Wedding. Followed by Honeymoon. Leaving tomorrow. Can't make it. ^^

As far as the Armor training goes I was planning to have Yukari fly the drop ship with a simulated Kotori still on the main. The drop ship would deploy the ground Armors which would then tactically approach a target through either heavy jungle or a cityscape. The mission would consist of either a rescue, retrieval, kill, seizure of key element, or combination of such. Since most are not exactly combat personnel all simulated hostiles would be non-aggressive 'paper targets'. The test would be more a run through the possible objectives the ship could perform and the ability of each member to guide the Armors in small team tactics. Even if mistakes were made they could pause to eval and discuss improvements or even restructure the mission should it prove that such objectives are not feasible.

But yeah, like I said, I won't be here till the 4th of Sep. Sorry.

We had a JP yesterday - I'll come around to editing it eventually (unless Doshii does so before me).

I'll try to straighten out the paperwork and orders by the time Blas comes back (I'm hoping to have the ship itself ready by then). Anyone currently posted up in the Crew Roster/Signup should be able to join up and participate to JPs. I really just need to get my act together. XD

Blas is not around right now, so, JPs primarely depend on the availabilities of Tom, Brady Dust and Doshii Jun. Masako and James can join in anytime. If there's anything you need, questions to get answered or stuff you want me to cover, just drop a word here or send me a PM. I'm hoping to have a get together tommorow at 8:30 PM EST to advance the power armor training.

Newest Miharu picture with raytraced lighting and shadows: https://stararmy.com/starchan/starships/ ... 596098.jpg

Hey kids, I got my schedule for the next, oh, until I stop working/going to school. Availiabilty is kind of going into the toilet, but money is money.

All times are in Arizona Time (-7 GMT without Daylight Savings Time)

School (starts 9/5, semester ends 12/20/06)

Mondays: 10:30am-11:30am
Tuedays: 11:30am-1:20pm

Job Training:
8/28 - 9/1: 3:30pm - 12am
9/4 - 9/8: 3:30pm - 12am

Schedule Post-Training:
Tuesdays - Fridays: 4:00pm - 1:30am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, reserved night for live gaming

Sundays and Mondays I will always have off unless I change my shift schedule.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll see how it works out (since the timezone thing confuses the hell out of me ^_^; )

Also, just a notice: as Doshii Jun's left for a few days to LA to attend a baseball game, things may slow down a little for the armor simulation. Doshii (and the still missing Blas) should be back in a couple of days.

Just to have it out and about as to the times I can't be on.

School:
Mon, Wed, Fri = 11am - 2pm
Tues = 7pm - 10pm
Thurs = 1:30 - 4pm

Work:
Tues = 11am - 4pm
Wed and Fri = 6pm - 10pm
Sat = 5pm - 10pm

Two things --

1. Masako kicking back in the bath while the rest of us are fighting shows she's obviously smarter than our characters. Make her XO. *grins*

2. I bet a Daisy can be modified to make up for 1 inch ... just had to make her a short little number, didn't ya. Hehe.

Masako might not be on the exact time frame as you guys are. She still has the option of joining up if her bath doesn't take that long or if your simulated battle drags out (it probably will - I'd like to give Nyton a chance to drop by if he can).

In theory, the Mindy power armor can accomodate half-grown younglings by filling itself with hemosynthetic matter to accomodate for the pilot's smaller size and adapt its control interface to the person's stature.

It's made the same way: I don't see why not... or why Ketsurui Fleet Yards wouldn't be able to allow armorers to tweak a specific suit to match for a NH-29 nekovalkyrja. After all, KFY is big on being 'nekos whom make things for nekos'.

Though arguably they could just tell you to use the Mindy, which is more powerful anyways...

...but KFY aren't GMs whom want to keep things within a certain scale of power ^_^; (ground armors aren't as widly powerful as space armors, meaning I don't have to go overboard so that my players be challenged by something). In this case, I'd say the SARP would bend to my whim and allow this to be possible ( or my current avatar could compel Doshii Jun to make a fix on the Daisy's sheet! XD ).

Mwuahahaha!

Though, you know, a far easier solution might have been to raise Masako's height to fit: she was just recreated, so, it'd be an easy fix (as in, edit the past post and make it so Masako is taller now).

Then, for ground missions, I suppose Tom will have to tweak Masako's Daisy for her height. That makes more sense than loading Sylphs in the ship: I'm pretty convinced the Sylph armor was more like an experimental suit that lead to offshoots like the Harpy and Daisy... but actually won't see that much use. Star Army ships can only carry so much power armors on board, after all.

Blorf. Alright, check up at my last schedule post, it's going to be edited with my full availiability schedule since I managed to hammer out all my school stuff.

Like the title says, this is where we post up our schedules.

I'd ask for everyone involved in the plotship to make a post outlining their schedule and to leave it at that (I don't want this to be a very long thread - for ease of access mainly). Updates should be posted up in here and I will take care of making edits in the original posts according to the updates and to delete the 'update posts' once I tallied the information in.

If you are going to be absent for awhile, please make a short post here to inform me so I can take appropriate measures in the roleplay itself. I'm very tolerant of absences (since I know you have real lives) if you show some good faith and warn me beforehand. Failing to do that, though, might force me to try to manage without you - especially if the absence hinders the majority of the other plotship's participating players (by ignoring the character or using him as an NPC in the meantime).

It goes without saying that multiple or extended absences without warning me about it may ensue in your character's discontinued participation to the Miharu plotship through transfering out, or through him being a casuality.

Last updated October 31

Game Master Schedule:

Kotori (Fred)
Timezone is EST (-5).

Monday: N/A
Tuesday: N/A
Wednesday: N/A
Thursday: N/A
Friday: N/A
Saturday: N/A
Sunday: N/A

I'm in a job searching period (ended my studies, have to pay back my loans) and I'm about to buy a new computer, so, I'm less free than I'd like, but I'm very available to make frequent single posts in the Miharu Mission 1 Prologue. I also spend some of my free time designing the Miharu.

Player Schedule:

Doshii Jun said:
Jake's (GMT -8, converted to Eastern Daylight Time):

Open hours (EST)

Monday: 19:30 - 03:00
Tuesday and Wednesday: K-days

Thursday - Sunday: 01:00 - 03:00

I am now Associate Editor at the Woodland Daily Democrat. My work schedule is 16:00 - 00:00 EST.

Tom said:
Tom (JAPAN, converted to EST)

Monday: 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Tuesday: Unvavailable
Wednesday: 8:00PM - 12:00 AM
Thursday: 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday: Unavailable
Saturday: 8:00 PM - ??? (pretty late)

8:00 PM EST is 9:00 AM my time, so I'm waking up for these JPs, and REALLY don't want to push it any earlier than that.

Abwehran Commander said:
Masako (Matt)
Timezone is -5 GMT

((Note: These times are when I'm not available. If I am in class...there's a slim possibility I may be able to get on, but don't count on it.))

Monday: 11am - 2pm; 7pm - 10pm
Tuesday: 11am - 4pm; 7pm - 10pm
Wednesday: 11am - 2pm; 6pm - 10pm
Thursday: 12:30pm - 4:30pm
Friday: 11am - 2pm; 6pm - 10pm
Saturday: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday: No School or Work

Remrant said:
Jay (EST -5)

On indefenite hiatus for the moment.

Blas said:
I get home late from work nowadays, spend time with Annie most every evening, and Thursdays is Bible Study. Annie understands that I have my games and such so she's cool with JP'ing just so long as I'm not over doing it. As it stands, Friday and Saturday evenings are possible so long as we don't have anything planned. Weekdays are maybe's but only for short shots because I have to get up early for work in the morning.

Kel said:
Currently, I'm free from 5 PM to 2:30 AM Eastern almost every day. This will change in a few weeks, though.

Sleepwalker said:
I would post a concrete schedule, but considering my schedule varies week to week (and sometimes more, depending on whether I can sleep or not), suffice to say it will do little good.

Generally though, like Tom, I wont be terribly likely to be present for JPs before 8-9 AM my time. >_> I can try. As for this weeks schedule...

Thursday - free.
Friday - may be able to SP a bit, mostly gone.
Saturday - free.
Sunday - ...to be announced.

<center>* * *</center>

Useful site if you are having trouble with Yahoo Instant Messenger:
http://www12.meebo.com

RPG-D RPGfix
Back