• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Ted and Tom, I would greatly appreciate more SP presence from you - you both should be able to do SP, from your schedules, and even though I understand soldier-like combat like this may not be your forte, just giving a show of presence and following on Yukari's instructions would be plenty good for me.

Masako is very welcome to get herself out of the bath and wander out to Project Inoue's simulator section.

If Blas comes back, well, by all means, try to mesh yourself in too. Contact me if there is any problems.

Crap.

So the Sacramento Bee switched K's days off this week, and decided to tell her today. So Wednesday I'll be around this week only, instead of Monday. We're going to the state fair.

I've been paying close attention to the scenario.

I just feel Tom wouldn't be doing much more than thinking right now. He's stationed and following his orders to the T.

*scratches head*

Just to be clear -- the Daisy's shields should start regenerating immediately after being hit. By 12 seconds, you mean they will be full regened?

And the Phantom II ... I mean, I'll roll with it and all. But Zanarium should really leave Tom unable to see his opponent. Such is what I would think. But hell, ENEMY MISTAKE IN OUR FAVOR BABY!

Doshii Jun-

Shield delay is up to return to maximum output. I was seeing it as gradual regeneration too.

I don't recall stealth armor, in the SARP, to being something that was actually invisible. When you tell me 'stealth armor', I think 'freaking hard to detect'. However, thermoptic camouflage - essentially nekovalkyrja skin-vision generated holographic invisibility- happens to be very close to true invisibility.

In Tom's instance, he had enough cover around so that when the Phantom II had a line-of-sight on him, his Daisy registered the Phantom II on visual with its equivalent of skin vision.

Blas-

Welcome back! Feel free to have Nyton get away from the logistics Kotori was having him help her with and drop by the simulation. Just enter the area like James and I'll have the Juni include you in the simulation; your allies could sure use a hand.

Shield regen -- cool. Then I worded it right in the description. Whew.

As for stealth armor -- yeah, I think you're right. I went back and reread the stuff and it never mentions true invisibility. Just invisibility from sensor types. Like a stealth jet fighter. So, I am the shutting up. *grins*

Psst, I corrected some instances of Yukari being a Taii instead of a Chui. I made the mistake myself, but I'd like to remind everyone that while Yukari is serving on the Miharu while Kotori is a Taii herself, she's under the effective rank of Chui.

I didn't post yesterday because I wanted to give time for Brady Dust to post for Morita. I didn't get any post from him since the Phalanx gave him the lousy music critique.

Don't go too far ahead now.

edit: Morita will be on a wounded timer penalty and considered 'unconscious' until Ted manages to come back. that way, the rest of you can carry along without having me forced to either ignore him or kick him out of the simulation because of a death or something.

Our prologue should be a sticky or something. We're that cool.

Just letting you know, I will post by 17:00 PST / 20:00 EST! I'm occupied at the moment.

This is so cool!

Kotori said:
The Hoshi would arrive to the rendez-vous point in sixteen minutes and depart five minutes later, regardless of if they would have had reached it or not.
Remrant said:
"Less than one minute until touchdown. That's shaving it rather close," he remarked to no one in particular.

If Remrant's post is right, Nyton, Tom and Yukari are already screwed. Nevermind Morita and Masako, wherever they are. Can we get a clock time here?

James had arrived at the extraction point during the fighting and was hidden behind cover, leaning out and scanning the skies for any sign of hostiles. He grinned as a huge plume rose from the Ocelot's location, smoke and dust providing a backdrop for the retreating crew.

"Less than one minute until touchdown. That's shaving it rather close," he remarked to no one in particular.

The extraction point is sixteen kilometers away, which means that it'd take ten minutes to get there, assuming you'd hover there at 100 kph (the speed at which the Daisy's gravimetric engines can go).

Remrant was skipping ahead, assuming he'd make it cleanly to the extraction point without further problems. While the initiative was alright, I suggested him to edit his post with a more step-by-step approach.

You guys still have some time. Around eleven minutes before the Hoshi gets to the extraction points by the point Kotori defeats the Ocelot.

Abwehran Commander said:
Masako arrived right behind James as she kept her eyes and sensors on her surroundings, making sure she was protecting her charges at all times. "That it is, Dige-Hei, but please be careful and stay hidden," the young neko ordered as she activated her active camouflage. Moving silently off to the side, she took up a kneeling position by a small out-cropping for cover as she aimed her rifle the way they had come.

Mina, please hurry, Masako sent out an encrypted signal to the rest of the crew. All though there are no hostiles here at the moment, it would be very difficult to protect both Kamiyama-Hei and Dige-Hei by myself. the young neko bit her lower lip in agitation.

It was a simulation, she knew that, but it was hitting home a bit too much for her. She had been there with the Mikomi as well as many people died, being helpless to protect them. It made her feel useless...everytime battle occurred she was the one who would be in the wrong place at the wrong time to help her comrades.

But even though it was a simulation, it feel at least satisfactory to help the two injured Hei when they needed her. She wouldn't make herself look useless in front of her new crew...not by a long shot. That was probably why she was so agitated at the moment, she was trying her absolute best not to fail her charges or her crewmates.

Ick, no no no. Remrant's post isn't good. Wait until he corrects it. I deleted your posts in the meantime. Sorry ^_^;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back