• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Re: [OoC] Discussion thread

That's it. My Black Mindy in the coming simulation are going to rape you guys silly. You obviously need the action.

Fred said:
That's it. My Black Mindy in the coming simulation are going to rape you guys silly. You obviously need the action.

We'll try and be ready. Ganbate, Black Squadron!

Miyoko and Sanjuro need to have an argument over who dislikes power armor combat more. "Oh yeah? I hate it INFINITY TIMES A BILLION."

*sees Masako and Nyton talk about reorganizing teams* I was afraid of that.

Jake, I don't think the callsign scheme you thought out with Yukari is going to work. If Masako and Nyton are going for custom-made teams, then it'd be awkward to have parts of Queen, Rook and Bishop in one and parts of Pawn and Knight in another, etc... I believe it'd make more sense to assign those teams in every mission with the chess name groups as needed.

Just pointing out the apparent flaw I see with it. I know you took the effort of thinking it out and I left you the liberty to do so because you play the ship's XO, but I might have to get Kotori to step in and take down that part of your work when she notices it is more awkward than anything else.

Can we just edit it out then? *sighs* I was remembering how we divided up the strike teams before, and in the end I figured the names were more for show than for "teams," where Yukari was thinking about stopping them from using their names and ranks outside the ship.

I should've known it wouldn't work, honestly. It's OK. Sorry about that, everyone.

To be honest, I don't see the problem you guys do. The teams in the simulator have no bearing on what happens out side the sim. What you guys have done is divide up the departments or such into groups, which is fine.

Power Armor 'Teams', on the other hand, are different. You can't group people up by department and expect them to survive. You have to have the experienced combat personnel leading the others in order for the inexperienced to survive.

What I am getting at is that the callsigns you've given are fine, they just have no bearing on how combat teams are organized.

Yeah I think we can roll with this like Matt said. The designations given could just be coded callsigns to prevent the enemy from knowing who is what. When in battle they get callsigns based on what squad they're in. Sounds simple enough. Like say you got two squads out, one is Knight the other Rook. Knight squad needs two more personnel added to it so they put the call back to base saying 'hey add Bishop 2 and Rook 3 to Knight squad for more help'. In their suits the Miharu's AIES system simply adjusts their designators on the screen and everyone in the squads should know who is what based on that.

That was my plan from the beginning -- you'll learn the callsigns anyway; teams are formed however they're formed. You'll know who is who from the beginning of the battle, when teams are put into play.

EDIT: Sorry everyone ... but today was a day I can't describe accurately. Let's just say 4 hours sleep + 11 hours work won't produce quality. I need to sleep. *bows head in shame*

Sleep is good.

Fred said:
Just pointing out the apparent flaw I see with it. I know you took the effort of thinking it out and I left you the liberty to do so because you play the ship's XO, but I might have to get Kotori to step in and take down that part of your work when she notices it is more awkward than anything else.

Italicized part for emphasis. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

(X-posted to the Celia discussion thread)

In the next three weeks, I have to write two fully 3d interactive games from scratch, write a patch for Second Life (involving one programming language that I've never even glanced at before), write a program to read in sentences and tag the parts of speech, take three exams, register for next quarter, fill out half a dozen forms and write an essay to apply for JET, give a 60 minute presentation, finish writing a Unix command shell from scratch, and theoretically eat and sleep at some point. Oh, and I have to pick up an extra day or two at work because somebody's on vacation.

Which is to say, I will probably be very scarce for a while. I'll try to drop in once or twice a day, but if a situation comes up where one of my characters has to respond to move things forward and I don't seem to be stepping up to the challenge, feel free to NPC them along.

weren't you going to fondle Yoroko. Or were you joking when you said that on IRC...(I have a problem detecting sarcasm over the internets...sorry if I missed it) Not that I am complaining or anything, this action made life less awkward, at least for me. BTW: I love your avatar

RPG-D RPGfix
Back