Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Oi, Jake, how should I proceed from the end of Interview with a Neko? Is Miyoko free from this point, or did you have something in mind for afterward?

Sorry Kel; got swept up playing tailor. *grins* What would you like to do? Yukari's going gun-shopping, and from there she will either find Tom herself or go to her cabin. Miyoko's welcome to tag along, or if you've got plans, roll'wit'em!

No plans, nope. I'm a bit totally incredibly busy right now, so I'll figure out what she's doing this weekend. In the meantime, have Yukari do whatever and I'll have Miyoko go along with her it if makes sense.

I'm thinking of having Yoroko grab a shuttle and head planetside for a bit, anybody on board miharu interested in tagging along? We could make it a JP maybe (but we don't have to).

Problem:

As I predicted, with Kotori grabbing one shuttle and Yukari the other... there isn't much the rest of the crew can use to go downplanet. I don't think Miharu is going to accept entry by an unauthorized shuttle to fetch people either unless it's a pre-approved craft from Star Army Logistics.

That said... I doubt Kotori and Yukari will be gone for all day. They ought to all be back before evening (Yamataian days are short, 18 hours instead of 24 hours) so you can probably do a JP trip down there. Just time it chronologically so that it is set in the evening.

Bear in mind, when Kotori gets back to the ship textually, I expect you all to be done. There were a few things I needed to tie up, but after that, I consider our rather long and stretchy downtime to be over. I haven't killed players in a while and I'm itching to try.

Kotori: "Don't worry people. Fred wants to, but I don't really agree with it. I'm sure we can beat Fred at his own game with minimal casualties. I'm a self-declared goddess of victory, after all."

What exactly ARE we doing right now anyway? <_<
I haven't a clue at all. I feel like a fish left out of water... With a hungry neko looking down at me.

Well, it's sort of morning. People went partying the evening before and some of them got wasted, so some of them went and asked for hangover pills. Kotori got Nyton up early so he could wash her hair and announced her intention to visit her samurai mother down on Yamatai - they went. Yukari, instructed by Kotori, went downplanet with Miyoko and Sora to consider the addition of two new crewmembers. In the meantime, the people on Miharu are doing, well, stuff.

Hmmmm so there was a party and drinking is involved... Alrighty that helps a lot actually (without needing a real summary of exactly what happened).

*Plots*

Yoroko, if you're gonna do anything, Kai is in the shuttle bay eating a bagel and waiting for people. He can tag along if you want.

Fred said:
In the event that Sonoda-san's boast that it might stop energy weapon's fire might come true, you will surely need a spare or two andperhaps another more version ...

Er, more what version, Fred?

Kotori's just suggesting one that isn't actually heavy, or bullet proof, or energy bolt resistant and the like. It's going to be pretty sad if Nyton's only clothing of yamataian-cut end up being bodyguard stuff and not the kind of clothes he'd enjoy for more casual occasion.

Unh. As one of Jake's colleagues at work once told me, "fuck realism".

You guys can just go and grab 'a shuttle' to do stuff downplanet if you want. I suppose the Pelican could lend us some. *shrugs*

RPG-D RPGfix
Back