Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] NSS Nerkat

Status
Not open for further replies.
*remembers Sub's 'big dump' post with Adrian oh so long ago* Oh god... x.x My braaain!!!

Exhack said:
Note:
Please be sure to review the pages for your PA units. Some people are taking gratuitous damage from weapons that can't even penetrate the PA's shields.

Regarding the PM I sent you... Are the shields meant to protect high-velocity impact or just uber-defelect everything? Because I was thinking that ricochet might play a factor in my PC's wounding.

If the bullet ricocheted off the ground instead of a straight trajectory, the round might have slowed enough to slip through the shields in a one-in-a-million chance, then blaze a trail on through the knee joint or some other penetrable area and into Harrison's leg.

Of course, this is all null and void if the shields deflect all impacts. I was just thinking that if explosions could cake marines with dirt and pebbles would ping off their armor that something sufficiently low velocity would just slip right on through.

I'll let Gamer post again to see what those Hoplites do before getting Harrison back to the main group.

My thoughts exactly. ~_~

I wouldn't mind him saying "It happened in a blink of an eye", but he should let us act to say that we were hit. He, even as a GM, can't just say that we were hit without our consent.

I apologize, but I can't really let you not take the hit... :? If it would make you feel better, I could change it (tomorrow) to not describe the where...

That would be wonderful. That minor detail is left to the character's player. You can say that it is impossible to dodge, but it is not cool to say that our characters already took the hit. :\

Alright, alright. Changed.

You know how it damages you, me thinks.

Rest of you, though, post. We might beable to finish this up by next week, even if we don't get a JP in. Which we should.

It's not the first injury Amelia's going to get.

*Imagines the awkwardness when she awakens, wounded, without any recollection of what happened while Alice had control.*

*Employs Mass Effect's medi-gel.*

Dammit. Not like the bb would hurt us! maybe blow us over but that's about it. BAH that' clenches it, I"m dumping kagura fter this, no ifs, ands or buts. And if you so much as even think about offing Gamer I'll hate you forever and blacklist you to everyone.

Tyler said:
damn it. Not like the bb would hurt us! maybe blow us over but that's about it. BAH that' clenches it, I"m dumping kagura fter this, no ifs, ands or buts. And if you so much as even think about offing Gamer I'll hate you forever and blacklist you to everyone.
This is unacceptable behavior, Tyler. I think you should leave the plot right away so the GM doesn't have to put up any more of these threats and drama. Sure GMs make mistakes sometimes but that doesn't give you an excuse to act like this.

There is no excuse indeed. I suppose I'll be seein' ya after this is all said and done with. I'm bowing out while I still have some shred of dignity left.

Hail Nepleslia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back