Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] - Senate of Yamatai Discussion

Gallant said:
Imperial Premier would make the most sense.

Perhaps more important to have a player who can manage it and actually keep procedure. But Doshii's point speaks to that.

It's already closed as of November 28th, I believe. And the week-long wait period Nashoba's senator added has expired too.

Jake, do something with the Treaty when you get time, please.

Nobody wants all of the effort that went into the treaty and the heartache surrounding it to be for naught. I've had to deal with a GM leaving and my backup GM being brained just to keep a Lorath plot running.

Drive to Arizona and duct tape Doc to a chair and force him to JP if you have to.

As the author of 106, I'd like to note that it shouldn't be considered passed until Wes decides what to do with the Empress' veto and moves it to the proper forum.

The Empress will not veto 106; it passes.

Cool. Now that that's that, the steward is meant to be a played position handled by someone without a senator character. Can you give some more information on the player behind your "family man," Jake?

Yamamoto Mori was a character created when Doshii and I were roleplaying through Kotori's apprenticeship to Yuumi (as an inside joke, we also both refered to him as 'Petunia-man', since I had a hard time memorizing his name).

"Here we are, my lady." The minder opened the door. It opened to an office that was like any typical Star Army office, except for its larger size. Yuumi was no where inside, but there was a glass door at the back. Inside the room itself were four desks, facing each other in two columns of two apiece, people hammering away at inputs for volumetric terminals. One was yammering loudly at someone over a headset.

The italics? That's the guy. He's been referenced on-and-off since then, through small talk that surrounded the 3rd IRC.

Who'll roleplay him? Doshii himself, no doubt.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

*headscratch* I never got the impression that Doshii was trying to dodge this, only that he meant to keep Yuumi free to do other things. Using a member of her staff to accomplish that was what I thought was the plan.

I'm fine with giving up my senator character to handle this, but it leaves Yamatai without a senator.

Anyone willing to take it?

Possibly, although there's a huge learning gap for a sea creature to learn the ways of humanoids. While dolphins and whales may be smart, keep in mind they've lacked technology and written language.

After I submit the Project Cetacean and it get's approved possibly. Of course, if we already have a senator for what ever planet they are on, we don't do multiples.

It's cool as long as it's played true to Yamatai's culture.

According to the Constitution, YE 35 is an election year for the Premier. Is anyone interested in running against Yuumi? If not, we can probably just say no one else ran for the position.

What laws dictate "Who can run"? if there is no age limits I might have some one in mind, you know just for the sake of the elections.

The Premier is elected by the senate but there does not appear to be any restrictions on who can run.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back