• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] YSS Freedom Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OOC] Freedom JP Scheduling

What day would you prefer JPs, if they weren't on Tuesday?

What days are you available?

Re: [OOC] Freedom JP Scheduling

I can do pretty much any day, any time except for Thursday (WH40k Escalation League followed by a Cthulhutech game).

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I'm available from 8pm EST (5pm PST)

Saturday and Sunday are completely open.

Tuesday I'm only available for an hour between 8pm EST- 9pm EST, then after 11pm EST. (5-6 PST, 8 PST)

Re: [OOC] Freedom Discussion

Feedback from the first session:

1)Mentioning that people were not in the OOC and IC rooms 10 minutes before the Jeep, despite not telling anyone where they were.

Since it was the first session, it would've probably served you well to announce the OOC and IC room names either in an OOC thread like this, or in the announcement thread itself. Not everyone things to check which rooms the GM is in, which is how some people found the room early.

2) Opening post was short and did nothing to set the scene.

This was especially bad since it was the first post of the entire plot, not to mention secondly, that it was the first post of the JP. Two sentences, the second ending with an ellipsis, was not only very short, but left the players feeling like more writing was to come.

3) Ignoring players asking in OOC for details on stuff their character should know.

Good player posts come from having an understanding of where their character is and what they know. I missed everything after the first hour, so I can't say if this particular issue changed at all afterwards.

4) Asking for people to post more when you did not respond ICly (or OOCly) whether people are succeeding at their tasks, or give any direction at all to where the players were.

This ties into the opening post point. But asking people to post faster when you haven't responded to what they have already posted means that either you need to post faster, or you need to say something in OOC about why you did not. If the player needs to expand on their post, or explain something, then that needs to be communicated. We're communitively telling a story, but you're the guy arbitrating everything, so without direction, we're just writing solo pieces and that's not what we're here for.

5) And this is just a nitpick of my own - Posting an unedited IRC log.

Especially for a mini-plot where the rest of the universe is unaffected, it is completely unnecessary for unedited logs to be posted. Find a player to do it if you don't want to edit them yourself. It's not critical for the logs to be available right away, and for people who missed the session, they can either wait for the edited logs to be posted or ask someone else who was there to be PMed what they missed. Having unedited logs posted not only looks unprofessional, but-- it's like getting dressed in the morning. If you dress like a slob, people will think you're a slob. So, let's care a little more about our appearance, okay?

Lastly, Vesper and Nashoba did awesomely with their posting. We would all do well to take cues from them in our future efforts.

1)Mentioning that people were not in the OOC and IC rooms 10 minutes before the Jeep, despite not telling anyone where they were.
See below:
[2009-08-04 20:14:51] -->| Revolver ([email protected]) has joined #FreedomDown_OOC
[2009-08-04 20:20:44] <Wes> 10 Minutes
[2009-08-04 20:21:07] <Revolver> Did you announce the channel in mainchat or in the thread itself?
[2009-08-04 20:21:08] -->| MissingNo ([email protected]) has joined #FreedomDown_OOC
[2009-08-04 20:23:28] -->| Wanderer__oPU ([email protected]) has joined #FreedomDown_OOC
[2009-08-04 20:24:06] <Wes> IC: #FreedomDown_18+

2) Opening post was short and did nothing to set the scene.
The scene was already set on the plot's page. I didn't want to be repetitive.

3) Ignoring players asking in OOC for details on stuff their character should know.
When I'm typing a post in the IC channel, I can't respond to the OOC channel until I'm finished. I checked the OOC channel often and did respond to the questions in there.

4) Asking for people to post more when you did not respond ICly (or OOCly) whether people are succeeding at their tasks, or give any direction at all to where the players were.
It was taking ridiculous amounts of time between posts. I'm used to 1 to 3 posts per player per minute, but even with 6 players we had periods where the chat would just sit there for 8 minutes straight. The scene was in the cargo bay (set in the opening post)...everyone was in there except the technician, who joined the main scene shortly.

5) And this is just a nitpick of my own - Posting an unedited IRC log.
It has always been and will remain my policy that all IC events should be posted to the forum as they occur, and if a JP can't be edited within the hour, it's better to post the unedited version temporarily and then edit it with the edited version later, once it can be edited. This is so players that miss a JP know what happened.

Sunday would be preferable because I have the entire day off. One or two hours JP time will be easy now whether I'm at home or not for certain reasons that I've been crowing about lately in the main channel.

Other than that, I RO'd Tuesdays (I get the entire day off), but I can change that to whatever day is decided. Today was an experiment of sorts, it sorta failed (but not completely so), so I know how to handle it if this happens again.

More or less any day right now, though I'm in the process of applying to a new job, so that may change.

I should be able to work with any day of the week, as long as I'm given some warning.

Your IRC log there doesn't refute what I said at all, so I'm not sure where you're going with that one, and as for the third, you were talking in OOC at the time, so it wasn't some IC post that was keeping you from answering questions.

But, in any case, arguing about these things is not the solution to the problems. Neither is ignoring them. The Senbu isn't the best plot on the site because of magic, it's because problems that get brought up arn't argued about or ignored, they're fixed. Or at least steps are taken to fix them. So, let's move forward. Hopefully we don't have a lot of the same issues next time.

Okay, based on the responses, how about we move future JP nights to Wednesday?

Works for me.

Sounds fine to me.

EDIT: Wait, does that mean we get a second one tonight? :p

Figured this should be something that was done now rather then when the next joint post came up. Not saying everything hear is the set in stone truth, just what I kind of got out of the post as I read through. I figured this would help speed up getting the game going with less confusion.

STV 1G1
Driver Seat
Arai Kaede (Vesper) – One survival kit
plasma cutter
Whatever was on her person that wasn’t lost.
Passenger Seat
Natale Ameli (Zephyrite) – One survival kit

Supplies in/on truck - Portable Shelter
Type 30 35mm Machine Gun - No ammo
4 extra survival kits

LUT - 1
In the back of the truck
Marcus Kessler(Wanderer)- Backpack with personal belongings
One survival kit
Kirasame Hourai (Kyoki)– Misc medical supplies
Doll named Alice
Driver seat
Yaiba (Nashoba) – One survival kit
plasma cutter
CASTER dispenser
Passenger seat
Sukeharu (MissingNo) – One survival kit(?)
Whatever was on his person that wasn't lost.
Supplies in/on truck - Portable Generator
Portable Repair Kit

LUT – 2
Driver seat
Natsuiro Hiyori (Revolver) –Whatever was on her person that wasn't lost.
Passenger seat
Atsukoha Orohote (Aendri) – One survival kit
Whatever was on her person that wasn't lost.
In the back of the truck
Hideyoshi Ayumu (Cipher) – Whatever was on him that wasn't lost

Players not placed or supplies mentioned for them.

Supplies in the vehicles (Not sure which ones

Mentioned supplies dropped with chute
1 crate of rations

Supplies mentioned but not sure exact location other then grabbed.

If you see anything you don't like or I'm just completely wrong about obviously you can change it. But like I said, figured this should be done.

Edit 1 - Placement of characters for Revolver and Aendri.
Edit 2 - Finished placing all the supplies not placed before, put Cipher in LUT-2 unless he wants differently.

Put me wherever fits best. I missed, so I'll take what I can get. And we'll assume she grabbed a survival kit too.

I last posted being in a truck and attaching a parachute, so I assume Hiyori made it out still in said truck.

Aendri - Probably what fits best is either LUT -2 (Comfortably probably four open slots.) or the back of the STV which could probably fit up to two more comfortably? Not saying that you couldn't be in LUT- 1 if you want, but I'm guessing it would be cramped. Also note that this placement I made is as long as everyone is fine where I said they were. I can only truely say where Kyoki and I were because my character was in the back of one of the LUTs and grabbed Kyoki's character and Vesper and Zeph mentioned specifically they were in those positions in the STV.

Revolver - OK, I missed that. Did you want the truck to be the back of the STV, back of LUT-1 (Assuming that Nashoba and MissingNo don't mind that I put them in the same truck as me.) or any slot in LUT-2?

Well, I would suggest either putting us all in the LUT-2, or mix us up into the STV and LUT-1. So either we have three or two fairly balanced groups.

:<

I wanted to join, but didn't get a character made in time. ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back