• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] YSS Freedom Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [OOC] Freedom Discussion

MissingNo has been a huge help by editing the JPs and tweaking them a little so that they're done by scenes.

You can now find the newly edited versions in the IC thread.

I am really not pleased that my IRC client has up and died. Can anyone perhaps link me to a good version that I can download? I would be very much appreciative.

Alternatively, if you don't use the horrifying browser that is firefox, you could just use mibbit, which is browser based. Or you could get chatzilla as a standalone, though that takes a bit more work....

Another one I recommend is mIRC.

mIRC does have that whole "Your trial period is done, please register" thing once thirty days pass, but if you wait about ten seconds then the "Continue" button will become available and you can continue to use it without registering : ) Whether or not waiting for that button to un-grey is a bother depends on the person; I don't really notice it anymore.

The program itself is quite reliable and flexible as far as my experience has shown, the window treatment of channels is handy, and the only problem is the post-length restriction which gets in the way of long-post JPs sometimes. Just listen for the ding when you want to know if your post will get cut short : )

I took the waiting part as "Oh, the program is just loading" besides, I just kept the program open and just put my computer on hibernate, so I didn't really have to boot up mIRC again.

EDIT STATUS: Preliminary Cleaning Done, proper formatting will have to wait until tomorrow evening. Posted what I have.

FFFFFFFFFF~

Sorry, I was out yesterday and didn't realize until too late that I was missing the JP.

Forgot to note this yesterday, but the final edit is up. Comments, questions, and corrections on any of them are welcome!

Yeah, about my latest absences...

I've gone back to school. That means more late days tooling through homework and coming home tired and reluctant to do it all over again the next day. This has naturally affected my activity, and thusly it'll be a lot harder for me to make it to JPs. Mind you I'll still try but I'm not sure how many times or for how long I'll be able to work with them.

Re: [OOC] Freedom JP Scheduling

In case there was any confusion, we're meeting the same time every week in the same chatroom.

I've updated the Freedom wiki page so now there are IRC links. If you use chatzilla, you should be able to click the link to enter the chatrooms.

I think the next JP will be time-skipped a day or so so that everyone has a bit of a chance at recovering. It'll be a "Meet the village" type. Maybe flirt with the locals, etc.

Missing, you still doing the JP edits? We've got behind and it hurt our plot's score (the deadline is tonight for the recurring checklist).

Guys, if you can update your bios TODAY we can get a C instead of a D on our audit score.

<Nashoba> Yeah, throw the Heisho under the bus, Well Revolver wanted his character to do something heroic.

This is a misinterpretation of what I meant, so I feel I should clarify. I don't want Hiyori to necessarily do something heroic. If she does, that's perfectly fine. She was intended to be sort of a leader-type, what with her being the highest ranking PC and all.

What I don't want is for her to just die, if it can be helped. I'd much rather she ends up one of the first victims (to get rid of her as soon as possible, as she's now in NPC land) to those that fired the artillery. Wes, if you have time sometime over the weekend, we could RP it out, but otherwise making JPs at all during the week for me is now impossible.

I knew that, but couldn't resist that OOC comment.

Missing, are you going to take part in this plot or not? I edited last weeks, but I'd much prefer to know before hand whether I need to save the logs or not. I have no problem with doing it, but out of courtesy to you, I want to check.

Btw, just to clarify, I will be late to all subsequent sessions due to work. I'll still be there, just arriving nearly at the end. I appreciate the efforts of Wes and Cipher so far who have fed me the transcripts.

Re: [OOC] Freedom JP Scheduling

GUYS! What the hell, two canceled JPs in a row!

Thank you to Brian and Wanderer for showing up...to the rest of you, where were you?

I would like everyone to post their preferred JP nights so we can change to something more suitable than Wednesday. Players that don't post their availability within the next three days may be dropped from the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…