• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Personnel Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

From my player/GM view, there are two types of Star Army organization. The ones that get actively played and used, and have consistently been for years (Logistics, Personnel, SAINT, Rikugun, some fleets) with solidified and long-standing lore, and then the ones that are just kind of rarely used background elements whose lore changes with each person that doesn't stick around. Kind of similar to the new occupation classes. You've got The Star Army and then The Rest of the Star Army. That's not to demean those other organizations. I think SARA and Medical and SATA and SANDRA are really rad, but they do not really need a specific manager like the Taisho-level commands do (though of course can have them when a player is dedicated).

So for what it's worth, I think SARA's best managed by Wes or the Yamataian FMs collectively, and keeps it open for use in the absence of consistent managers.

Heh, it's like the US Army. You are either in Spec Ops/a Division or you are a nobody as everyone squints at your patch trying to figure who you are.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back